• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Before Meteor is the soundtrack prior to A Realm Reborn and has some of the same tracks as A Realm Reborn and the music from Before Meteor is sprinkled throughout the other soundtracks. But, if you want to start from the OG, then it's completely fine.

Honestly, there some good and some bad in Before Meteor (Nemesis is on my favorite boss themes / Uematsu songs ever), but A Realm Reborn really goes full throttle.

Yeah, it's been ok so far, I'll probably just jump to ARR again since I was enjoying it a bit more.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean everything else is unimportant when every single FFXIV soundtrack is up. Holy damn. That's just an entire week/month sorted.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Crediting everything to Yoko Shimomura for the Final Fantasy XV soundtrack and snubbing composers Yoshitaka Suzuki, Yoshino Aoki, Tetsuya Shibata, Shota Nakama, et. al is pretty wrong.

Also nearly everything is in Japanese, even most of the composer names. These track titles have been localized in the past, why would they do that?? It's great to see this music finally on Spotify, but it'd be nice if they didn't half-ass it. :/

This happened with the Castlevania and Sega OSTs too. I feel like I'm the only one who cares about this stuff.

Last edited:

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Thanks OP. Been waiting for this to happen for a while now.

So happy they added the piano selections as well.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I am still stunned by how incredible the FFXIV OST is... and it keeps getting better with every expansion. Unbelievable work by the team at SE.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
The best soundtrack being available is the most important.

7p206nZ.gif

No "Eyes On Me" though :( (NVM I forgot Faye has a version uploaded on her Spotify page)

Also... FFV OST is SO underrated

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot stress enough how good the XIV soundtrack is. Even if you have no interest in the game, you NEED to listen to it.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I cannot stress enough how good the XIV soundtrack is. Even if you have no interest in the game, you NEED to listen to it.

Seriously. The fact that they put SO MUCH effort into the music and pretty much had a blank canvas ... I mean it's wild how underrated it is.

For example, this track... from the Sea of Clouds area has FOUR alt versions depending on what's going on

(when the piano starts kicking in... at 1:00... CHILLS)

night/etc

SO GOOD

Last edited:

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
NO JOKE. It's the fucking best, hands-down. I don't think there is a single FF OST that can top the sheer volume and quality of FFXIV's. You would be hard-pressed to find ANY game OST that trumps it, to be completely honest.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
For what it's worth, Heavensward's area design is the closest I've seen to Xenoblade levels of prowess in video game environmental design. It's that good. Sea of Clouds is just an incredible area. The Dravanian region is just immersive as all fuck, too.

The music is incredible, of course. Masayoshi Soken deserves that world record so damn hard.

Having this treasure trove of songs is absolutely amazing. Whoever at Square Enix made this possible, thank you. So, so much.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV's OST is GREAT.

...too bad I don't understand any of the effing track titles or artist names!

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Heavensward especially... holy shit, never has the music in a game so perfectly matched the environments, story, and set piece battles so fucking well. My first time through the expansion was seriously one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

I can vividly recall the associated town/dungeon/battle for all of the tracks, it's wild.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
For what it's worth, Heavensward's area design is the closest I've seen to Xenoblade levels of prowess in video game environmental design. It's that good. Sea of Clouds is just an incredible area. The Dravanian region is just immersive as all fuck, too.

The music is incredible, of course. Masayoshi Soken deserves that world record so damn hard.

Having this treasure trove of songs is absolutely amazing. Whoever at Square Enix made this possible, thank you. So, so much.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS... WTF!!!!

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
XIV is hands-down my favourite FF soundtrack. I love how the core musical theme for an expansion suffuses so many of the tracks for that expansion, leading up to a really climactic version for the final boss.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm. So, both versions of "Eyes On Me" from the FFVIII OST are cut out of Spotify's version. The stand alone pop version is missing, and the Ending Theme cuts ahead to the mainline FF theme, skipping over the orchestral version of the song.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized this includes the FFXI soundtracks. Going to take me a long time to get through all of this between FFXIV and FFXI. FFXIV soundtracks come out to like 30 hours by themselves.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Crystal Chronicles subseries uploaded? I know that The Crystal Bearers is (or at least was) on iTunes, but I don't think the earlier entries ever showed up.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
No "Eyes On Me" though :( (NVM I forgot Faye has a version uploaded on her Spotify page)

Also... FFV OST is SO underrated

I would be fine with the ragnarok version being leftout since Faye uses it as her single but the Ending Theme being touched is ridiculous. The song is composed and written by Uematsu and is one of the best tracks in the whole game.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Crediting everything to Yoko Shimomura for the Final Fantasy XV soundtrack and snubbing composers Yoshitaka Suzuki, Yoshino Aoki, Tetsuya Shibata, Shota Nakama, et. al is pretty wrong.

Also nearly everything is in Japanese, even most of the composer names. These track titles have been localized in the past, why would they do that?? It's great to see this music finally on Spotify, but it'd be nice if they didn't half-ass it. :/

This happened with the Castlevania and Sega OSTs too. I feel like I'm the only one who cares about this stuff.

I'm with you! It's certainly annoying. But I think my happiness to have them on there at all right now outweighs the frustration with how they're handled.

Let's hope they're corrected in the future (though I'm not optimistic).

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, getting back to the full Final Fantasy X soundtrack, which was the first CD I ever imported, is magical.

*listens to Ending Theme* *tears up* Oh no.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of FFXIV OST love in here is warming my heart. I need to get back to playing again.

THIS FREAKIN BATTLE THEME LIKE COME ON!!!!!!!!!

Heavensward especially... holy shit, never has the music in a game so perfectly matched the environments, story, and set piece battles so fucking well. My first time through the expansion was seriously one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

I can vividly recall the associated town/dungeon/battle for all of the tracks, it's wild.

Like I'm going to be real honest right here. FF14 not only has the best Final Fantasy soundtrack but it's also the best Final Fantasy game around.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Like I'm going to be real honest right here. FF14 not only has the best Final Fantasy soundtrack but it's also the best Final Fantasy game around.
And if the rumors pan out that Yoshida is helming Final Fantasy XVI at Square Enix's newly formed third business division, it's over. There'll be no contest.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just listen to the music coming in Shadowbringers:

(At the 0:55 mark...)

1 dude doing all of this work, years of it and yet the newest stuff still sounds amazing.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
It is amazing how they managed to salvage the game and made it one of the best Final Fantasy entries.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I hope they make it available on YouTube Music or Apple Music, too.

pheobo

Nov 26, 2017
This is amazing! Thanks for the heads-up, now I have some great music to listen to at work :D

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It's good to have almost all of the OSTs. Here's hoping they release the arrange albums too. I want those piano collections!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic stuff, this is a megaton for me.

Now english names for the tracks please lol

Direct Links to all the available soundtracks (and extras)

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Someone on our site collated a list of links if it's helpful to anyone:

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
by the count I come up with on just the releases of XIV's albums, that's 497 tracks. Not sure if it has everything released up until now (4.57 or whatever). Just figure another 60-100 songs coming in less than a month.

An outrageous amount of music!

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
by the count I come up with on just the releases of XIV's albums, that's 497 tracks. Not sure if it has everything released up until now (4.57 or whatever). Just figure another 60-100 songs coming in less than a month.

An outrageous amount of music!
And all of it is of incredibly high quality. It's unrivaled.