• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aidangs

Jan 8, 2019
The fact that they showed so little makes me think this is a collection of mobile ports.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The fact that it's Steam/Mobile only is having me thinking this is one of those ugly, smeary remasters Sqaure likes to do

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
are you fucking kidding me
steam and mobile only????
and they shown
nothing???

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Square sure know how to mess up an announcement that should be a surefire hit.

Square Enix: "how about we spend 20 minutes on Guardian of the Galaxy and then just throw out a 10 second powerpoint slide on six whole classic games that basically are a major reason we exist today?"

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Mobile and Steam only? No consoles release???' What kind of stupid announcement is this????????

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
LOL. I was going in to this announcement expecting disappointment over some shitty trophy lists but it's somehow even worse cause it's PC/Mobile only.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Steam/Mobile announcement only. The small snapshots I saw looked like they were original graphics for all the games, so I'm not seeing what's being "pixeled remastered"

Tight Shoe

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
the screenshots that flew by for half a second, it looked like they were going for the original pixel art style with a new mobile-friendly, ugly-ass interface. so exactly like the chrono trigger port from 10 years ago that everyon hated.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Why's it only PC and Mobile?
That makes it seem like it's gonna be underwhelming.
I'm scared.

Also aren't most of the classic FF's already on Steam and Mobile?

Well, the Mobile and PC players said they wanted the classic sprites in their ports.

Square Enix has heard, and is answering them!

By selling separate editions with the original spritework instead of updating the existing releases.

Oct 25, 2017

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
If these are high-quality ports of the Tose/PSP versions, then this is the biggest announcement of E3 for me so far. Right now it sucks that the best versions of each game in the series are all over the place.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Well looks like shit from what little the trailer showed.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Having all of the best versions of FF1-6 in one collection sounds incredible.

Speaking of that, what are the best versions of each of these games?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From this announcement you'd think these aren't some of the most beloved games of their respective eras.

Like wow, talk about not giving a shit.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
So they are gonna fix their shitty FFV and FFVI steam releases? I'll take it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017