• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FF7 Remake Part 2 and FF16

• FF7 Remake Part 2 is perfect. FF16 is dreadful.

Votes: 521 36.6%
  • FF7 Remake Part 2 is dreadful. FF16 is perfect.

Votes: 825 58.0%
  • I don't even like Final Fantasy but I clicked this topic to see the results.

Votes: 77 5.4%

• Total voters

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I couldn't care less about FF16 at this point. It looks nothing like what I want from a Final Fantasy title. I barely made it through the awful trailer.

FFVII is my favourite game though, and they better not screw up kart 2 of the remake.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
FF7 remake bad, 16 great. Simply because 16 will be a complete game versus part 2 out of 3 or 4 or more. How many years/decades will it take before Remake: Complete Definitive version is released.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Make FF7R-2 amazing please. XVI being terrible would just be in line with XV and XIII, so nothing of value would have been lost anyway, while 7R2 being terrible means you've killed the one modern Final Fantasy series I've enjoyed to date.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more important they get FF7-2 right, since there's definitely also going to be a FF7-3 , and it would hurt FF7R retroactively.
If 16 sucks they can have it be a single entry they move on from.just ignore it and move on from.

That said I think 16 is probably easier to get right, as it has less baggage behind it and for FF7-2 they're going to make some hard choices about the structure.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a lot invested in the FFVIIR at this point so definitely going with XVI.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Selfishly voted for VII2 to be perfect as the original is one of my all time favs and I loved part 1 with caveats. 16 sucking is just another day for mainline Final Fantasy.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
VII is already perfect. The remake can be garbage, and that doesn't hurt my love for the original. XVI being a mess would hurt me more.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
There's no saving to 7 afte the disgrace that part 1 was, all I hope is they deliver a master piece with 16.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
If FF7: Remake Part 2 is perfect, it will still have an uneven Part 1. I will take a complete game that is great from beginning to end.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
As much as I want both to be excellent, and think they will be, I'd pick XVI being great and VIIR2 being awful.

It would suck, but we already have VII and VIIR1 whereas XVI is a brand new entry. So I'd rather that was great if there can only be one.

Apr 23, 2019
FF7 Remake Part 2 (and how many parts after that) being "perfect" would be the bigger accomplishment given what they've set up already in Part 1.

There will always be more original RPG's if 16 fails. The scale of the Remake project + the scale of original's legacy makes for something we likely won't see again for years, if not decades in the industry.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a FFVIIR hater so the sequel being bad would be kinda funny to me. Narratively anyway. I doubt it could be bad in the gameplay department. I need FFXVI to be awesome though.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I have little faith in either of them at this point, if one turns out good it will be a pleasant surprise.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It'd probably be better for the company if 16 was perfection, but they can survive if it isn't and they'll never live down FF7 Part 2 sucking.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm already invested 7 Remake, so I hope they stick the landing (translation: go completely nuts)
None of the things they showed of 16 really interested me in any way, so it's an easy choice.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already didn't like the 1st part of FF7R so I'm wishing for FF16 to be good.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
k84dgjjbbr381.jpg
That model has certainly come a long way from Rolanberry Fields

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
We know almost nothing about FFXVI right now so it's easy to say I want FFVIIR2 to be good since I actually have an attachment to that game

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed 7R, and 13 and 15 have both disappointed me. Obviously I hope 16 is fun, but I'm fine with that trend continuing.

Heck, every now and then I consider giving 13 another shot. I feel like if I lean into the Paradigm battle system rather than trying to take direct control all the time it should be fun, plus 13-2 has a Pokemon system with the Paradigm thing going on and 13-3 has a weird job change action combat system that looks fun. Like, I'm open... in theory. Just kinda exhausted on it all. The 20-hour tutorial... (although I'm now 80 hours into Wrath of the Righteous and still haven't gotten to become a Lich...)

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Part one was already underwhelming so just give me 16 being great. I can go back to old ff7 if I wanna play the superior version

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I already disliked the first part of FF7R so this is such an easy choice for me. Pls let FFXVI be fantastic. 🙏

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly everyone in the comments says save XVI, yet 1/3 of the poll is saying VII:R. Cowardice

It's the more logical result.

Regardless of how successful or unsuccessful XVI is, it's likely going to have its mechanics retired just like X,XII,XIII, and XV. It will be another 5+ years before XVII comes out with brand new mechanics and XVI will have basically no effect on it.

VIIR is getting at least one more game, maybe even multiple games. It being a failure has massive implications, VIIR could finally give us a consistent supply of high quality FF games that we've been begging for for 2 decades, we want it to be successful.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
FF7 Remake Part 2 will give me more Aerith, a hopefully a better realized Tifa, and more Yuffie. So I can count on that. Don't got a lot of faith in XVI to not be extremely focused on men.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Remake Part 1 is evidence that enough polish and confidence can make a total misfire still land with a lot of gamers. I don't think anyone would notice or care if Remake Part 2 is as bad or worse.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
7-2 should keep up the great work and make an amazing trilogy or something out of it. FF16 is it's own standalone thing and can be dreadful and we'll move on waiting for the next one, kinda like FF13 :D

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
A new mainline entry being a big win is always going to be preferable over sequel/spinoff material, especially when the original VII is already great.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FF7R2 has given us no indication of the upcoming scope or combat changes coming outside of whatever we can glean from the Yuffie DLC.

FF16's gonna have DMC-style enemy steps and snatches all over the place.

This is the easiest poll I've ever seen on this site.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Too easy given that I don't like FF7. I'll go the extra mile and say I'd hope the bad Part 2 would be enough to kill interest in FF7 completely. I don't hate FF7, but it would be fun to see.

If I get super monkey pawed and FF7 bombing kills Final Fantasy completely, oh well. More time for SMT.