• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
www.gematsu.com

Final Fantasy IV for PC updated with new user interface, full-screen support, and Asian languages

Square Enix has released a new update for the PC (Steam) version of Final Fantasy IV, which adds a new user interface, full-screen support, Asian languages, and various bug fixes. An update for the…

• Completely new interface:
    • Gamepad compatibility has been optimized.
    • Small adjustments to keyboard, mouse, and touch panel operations have also been made.
  • Full-screen now available:
    • Full-screen display now available until 21:9.
  • The follow language settings are available:
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Chinese (Traditional)
    • Korean
    • Thai
    • Japanese
  • Small bugs have been fixed.

I still haven't gotten around to playing this version of the game, but the support is still appreciated. First Chrono Trigger, then Final Fantasy III, and now Final Fantasy IV, this gives me even more hope they'll eventually get around to fixing FFV & FFVI and then I won't have to use mods to make them not look ugly af.

Daeoc

Oct 27, 2017
MA
Yeah its good to see that they are going through their ports of older games and fixing them up. I had the mods set aside for when I actually decided to play through them, but it looks like I won't need them for any of them if they go on to also fix V and VI.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There's also a trailer (for some reason):

They really need to port this to consoles.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Battles still run at ~16 FPS and the rest of the game runs at 30FPS... eesh.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Are there any mods to remove the New Game+ limit? I've never played all the way through the IV remake, but I remember reading that you can only do a New Game+ three or four times. That sounds like a stupid limit to me. It would be nice if it was removed.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
I was secretly hoping they had added 2D mode (like Dragon Quest XI S).

I don't like the 3D FFIV at all, but I love 2D (both SNES or PSP). I wonder if SE will just forget about them forever and going forward only care about the 3D version.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I was secretly hoping they had added 2D mode (like Dragon Quest XI S).

I don't like the 3D FFIV at all, but I love 2D (both SNES or PSP). I wonder if SE will just forget about them forever and going forward only care about the 3D version.

I really want them to port FFIV complete from the PSP :(

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Both this and the update to III not long ago seem to me to be the rumblings of getting them up-to-scratch for console release.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Does this version still have a William Shatner reference in its translation?
No point in touching this without classic Woolsey mistranslation.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I wish we could get a wider release of the gorgeous PSP version, but I'm sure somewhere down the line I'll pick this up as like my 8th time to purchase FFIV.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They say november patch update as if that's a monthly occurrence lmao

anyway, square enix rep spies, i know you can read me. Re-release FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre from their PSP version

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
This is what it says on the Play Store

-Large Screen Support: Full-screen display support has been added for devices with larger screens.
-Opening cutscene has been added.
-Small bugs have been fixed.

Says it was last updated on September 6th though?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Super happy for the new patch but they really need to port both this and FFIV Complete Collection to the new consoles.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just booted it up on ios and I didn't see a new interface, maybe mine hasn't updated.
At least I finally got around to crawling out of the lunar core lmao so i can keep grinding stuff out.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth playing on iOS? Like any compatibility issues with the latest iOS version?

I'm currently using a iPhone SE 2nd gen.

I've played through the entire game twice on iOS, runs flawlessly and the touch controls work very well, but you can also just bluetooth pair your xbox or ps4 controller to it and play that way.

No issues at all, and i think i had one crash? But it doesnt matter because the game "quicksaves" every time you enter a new room or leave a battle in the event the game closes or you have to use your phone for something else.

Very good port, i played it on an iphone 8 so you should be fine. Thing was designed for like iphone 5s i think lmao

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I've played through the entire game twice on iOS, runs flawlessly and the touch controls work very well, but you can also just bluetooth pair your xbox or ps4 controller to it and play that way.

No issues at all, and i think i had one crash? But it doesnt matter because the game "quicksaves" every time you enter a new room or leave a battle in the event the game closes or you have to use your phone for something else.

Very good port, i played it on an iphone 8 so you should be fine. Thing was designed for like iphone 5s i think lmao

Awesome to hear.

I just bought it and that is cool that you can bluetooth your PS4 controller to it though I am fine with using touch controls especially since I'll mainly be playing this when I am out and not at home.

Final Fantasy IV is really special for me cause its my first Final Fantasy game I've ever played (SNES version back in 1995 or 1996).

Since then I've played/own/beaten the following...

-Final Fantasy II/IV (SNES)
-Final Fantasy IV (PS1)
-Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
-Final Fantasy IV (DS)
-Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP)
-Final Fantasy IV (Steam/PC)
-Final Fantasy IV (iOS) - now purchased

So this is my 7th version purchase lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
So this is my 7th version purchase lmao.
Awesome! I've only played some of the PS1 version and the PSP, DS and iOS versions to completion but I gotta say the DS and by extension the iOS versions might be my favorites over all even if the psp version has those gorgeous sprites and is probably the snappiest to play. The voiced cutscenes and the 3D models just add a lot to the adventure and the amped up challenge is great.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'd like to see this thing refreshed someday. It's my first ff game and therefore pretty meaningful to me.