• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Just announced during SE's conference with a new trailer (as seen above). The remaster's releasing this winter, and on top of the previously announced PS4 and Switch versions, it's also coming to iOS and Android devices.

Make me hold the chalice if I was too slow.

EDIT: As a reminder, online co-op is confirmed, but we still don't have an answer on if offline co-op is supported or not.

Last edited:

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Crossplay between Switch and mobile would be sick, especially with the new controller support in iOS 13.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
They uploaded the trailer pretty quickly, I just added it to the OP.

Can't wait to get this on Switch. Really hope the mobile versions work well too; being able to have the game in my pocket is super appealing.

Hopefully it comes to PC eventually.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Still kinda annoyed that we can't tell if it supports local co-op
With how much they keep focusing on "it has online multiplayer now!" I'm expecting it to not have local support. :( Hope I'm wrong though.

Very fun multiplayer-oriented ARPG take on the series. It's decent enough solo, but really shines with friends. Has a really great soundtrack (with a couple of the English version's tracks performed by Donna Burke of Metal Gear fame) and visual style too.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
With how much they keep focusing on "it has online multiplayer now!" I'm expecting it to not have local support. :( Hope I'm wrong though.

Very fun multiplayer-oriented ARPG take on the series. It's decent enough solo, but really shines with friends. Has a really great soundtrack (with a couple of the English version's tracks performed by Donna Burke of Metal Gear fame) and visual style too.
Same.

What the fuck?
I'd take mobile crossplay in a pinch, plus my wife and I each own a Switch and can gameshare if we need to

But they're actually redoing so much they might as well figure out a same-screen solution for co-op

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the lack of local multiplayer is almost a given.

A shame but still super interested.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Funny that the original would be the last CC game I would need to play. All other CC games have been played and finished.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the game is hands-on at E3? If it is, maybe we'll know soon if local multiplayer is going to be in or not.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure local co-op is cut. I seem to recall reading that the Switch version at least has local co-op in the form of local WiFi.

I'm concerned that new voice acting means they might have redone the original voice acting that narrated the levels. Unfortunately, I don't remember the scripts well enough to recognize if any of the spoken lines in the trailer are redone versions of the existing VO. I really hope they kept the original narrator for those parts, as she's a big part of my memory of the game.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
For some reason I remember this game as having more pre-rendered backgrounds than 3D ones. Trailer was all 3D. Am I just misremembering it that badly?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they replaced the narrator with the one from the trailer considering she had the only voice acting in the original.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, this requires local co-op for me to even consider double-dipping. Not looking good on that front :(

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Surprising that its not coming to xbox considering Square-Enix's support for the system. Hope the iOS version includes tvOS support, especially after the announced controller support.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Why does this run like shit?

All the video we've seen thus far really chugs. I hope they can turn it around before release.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm pretty local co-op is cut. I seem to recall reading that the Switch version at least has local co-op in the form of local WiFi.

I'm concerned that new voice acting means they might have redone the original voice acting that narrated the levels. Unfortunately, I don't remember the scripts well enough to recognize if any of the spoken lines in the trailer are redone versions of the existing VO. I really hope they kept the original narrator for those parts, as she's a big part of my memory of the game.

My hope is that local coop over wifi is in for the Switch version. That would be perfect!

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Looks pretty low effort but I love me some CC. Do we know the price point yet? Hoping it's like 20 bucks.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
As much as I want this, I need some more info. Local co-op? Chalice mechanics still the same? Price? Performance on PS4/Switch/Mobile.

I want to get it, but Square Enix usually drops the ball. I'll hold my excitement until we see more.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
This remake combined with PSO 2, it'll be my high school years all over again.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
How good is CC considered to be? I've heard some good things due to this remaster, but never anything before about the game.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I honestly don't remember the gameplay being anything special outside of the simultaneous multiplayer aspect which is not nearly as novel nowadays. Music was great at least.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
How good is CC considered to be? I've heard some good things due to this remaster, but never anything before about the game.

It was pretty basic, but back when it came out having a local co-op Final Fantasy was pretty new and exciting. I liked it a lot because my friends and I got together like we did Secret of Mana. Having 1 person carry the chalice around was annoying, but we shared duties and it wasn't so bad.

I honestly don't expect it to age very well in 2019 unless they had some huge QoL improvements.