• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I can finally play this without owning 4 GBA, I could only do coop once in my life haha

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Crystal CHronicles was kinda fun. I don't think I would want to play it unless it had extensive changes like not having to carry the bucket though.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so likely this was supposed to be in the direct and this be a later announcement, it didn't work out that way tho.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a surprise, I just played Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time this summer for the first time and was remembering how fun the first game was. Definitely want this.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
BTW Square Enix, can we get the best Crystal Chronicle game, AKA My Life As A King.
That one is too good to be stuck in WiiWare hell.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully sweeping changes are made. It's not fun to have one player be the miasma deterrent bitch, holding the thing. Also the game in general wasn't terribly fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this on Switch as well. Because the game that was made as an symbol of Nintendo-Square returning relationship being announced for PS4 is sure something Square..........

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is random lol. I need more info though. I really hope they decide to just keep the moogle around to carry the chalice in MP, otherwise playing with online randoms would just be hours of everyone refusing to be a team player and help carry the damn thing.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Only PS4?

That would be a huge bummer.

It was a Gamecube exclusive, i don't understand what's the point unless Sony paid for the exclusivity.

It's an old game, contracts probably expired and SE can port the game wherever. Who knows, where else it can end up. Switch would be perfect for it honestly considering how it played on the GC.

It would be cool if it had Vita Support, lol Vita support.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This announcement makes me very happy. Great games, the Crystal Chronicles were.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Well this is random lol. I need more info though. I really hope they decide to just keep the moogle around to carry the chalice in MP, otherwise playing with online randoms would just be hours of everyone refusing to be a team player and help carry the damn thing.

F3lHP7K.png

Sadly doesn't seem like it, but they have only shown 4 player MP in the trailer so perhaps the dream isn't completely dead.

It could just be that one of the changes is the presence of the moogle when it's less than 4 players. That would be rad.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I never thought this game would get a re-release, let alone a remaster with trophies/multiplayer!

Oct 27, 2017
The one FF game I've never had the chance to try. Hopefully, it's decent. People have seemed ambivalent towards it in the past.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
CC is one of my favorite FF spin offs and it had awesome music. Not needing a GBA + Adapter makes this even more amazing.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news, I was so close to the end of the game but dropped it back in.... wait it's been like 15 years!? Crazy.

Now it can have a reasonable multiplayer setup too!

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Not to steal the thundara from this annoucement, but this only makes me think that Crystal Bearers has a chance of coming back now too....