• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Wr3p8zy.jpg

My wife made this for me. If you've played FFXI it should be familiar.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, years after platinuming Type-0, I'm attempting to fill out the entire Rubicus, get every page of character info, do every sidequest, get every Eidolon, and kill every enemy at least once.

I've already made sure I didn't lock myself out of any of the sidequests, which is a thing you can do. It'll probably take 4 playthroughs, unfortunately. Getting the platinum is so easy compared to this.

Anyone else done this?

Oct 25, 2017

The elvaan in me looks disapprovingly at your choice in nations.

Finally, years after platinuming Type-0, I'm attempting to fill out the entire Rubicus, get every page of character info, do every sidequest, get every Eidolon, and kill every enemy at least once.

I've already made sure I didn't lock myself out of any of the sidequests, which is a thing you can do. It'll probably take 4 playthroughs, unfortunately. Getting the platinum is so easy compared to this.

Anyone else done this?

Yup. I did everything 100%. There are no missables in this version. Apparently you can still get the "bad endings" for the recruitable Class Zero members even if you already finished their quest in a previous playthrough. I'm not sure on the details since I purposely did the bad endings first. I think I was on my 4th playthrough before I finally tackled the Tower of Agito and finished it 100%. On the upside, later playthroughs are extremely fast. Like, getting to the endgame on my 4th playthrough took just a couple hours.

There are long quest lines involving Emina and Kazusa. I recommend not bothering with them until your second playthrough at least. You'll have to start the quest all over if you don't finish it and you'll likely mess up while you're focused on all the other lesser quests your first time. Otherwise, getting all the quests done isn't too bad. It was daunting at first, combined with the time limit, and put me off of diving in until over a year after release.

The biggest pain is the Tower of Agito. A super dungeon that is basically impossible even at level 99 on easy mode unless you Ultima spam with infinite MP. It's super tedious, though the final boss is kinda hilarious.

On the upside, the rubicus really fleshes out the story when you get everything and it almost seems good once you've read the whole thing lol.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Wr3p8zy.jpg

*Bastok brofist*

i wish there was some proper XI merch, but SE hasn't really released any that I'm aware of in recent times - kinda leads to a scarcity spiral where people don't buy XI merch because there's none, so it doesn't make money, so none gets made...

I'm generally not a figure guy, but if they release an Iroha figure, I'm so there. Heck, an Iroha keychain...

Oct 25, 2017
The gay jokes made me cringe but everything else was pretty funny.

Yeah. His earlier videos didn't have those kinds of jokes and he apologized after being called out on it in the comments, so I don't think he'll be doing that anymore.

Overall, I think this is one of the weaker ones. Kind of felt like he wasn't as familiar with the game, so the jokes didn't land as well. The Edge joke was hilarious though lol.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is currently on sale on PSN and I'm considering getting it. I'd be playing it on my Vita, so is the slowdown as bad as people say? I could deal with it if it's a minor annoyance but I've always heard it talked about as though it's a dealbreaker.

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is currently on sale on PSN and I'm considering getting it. I'd be playing it on my Vita, so is the slowdown as bad as people say? I could deal with it if it's a minor annoyance but I've always heard it talked about as though it's a dealbreaker.

It's only a thing during big spell animations, so if you're like me and prefer melee classes it's not a big issue at all. There's a patch for it, but I think you'll need to mess with custom firmwares to get it to work.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing XIII for the first time and trying to be open-minded, but I think it killed my PS3 last night so I'm struggling lol. I got all the way to Chapter 11, but since it'll probably be a few months before I can grab a working PS3 I honestly don't know when or if I'll return to it

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing XIII for the first time and trying to be open-minded, but I think it killed my PS3 last night so I'm struggling lol. I got all the way to Chapter 11, but since it'll probably be a few months before I can grab a working PS3 I honestly don't know when or if I'll return to it
Only one thing left to do:

tumblr_inline_mfcfpu7AaY1qainrb.jpg

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The gay jokes made me cringe but everything else was pretty funny.

I haven't watched any of these yet (was meaning to at some point) but their response?

We believe Faggot should be reserved for mocking idiots not gay people like South Park did a whole episode about. We will give you the "gay" useage though. We are of a different generation that used gay just to refer to annoying people not to slander gay people. Apologies.

Nope. Not a fan.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Finally, after years of saying I planned to get around to it soon, I have beaten Final Fantasy III DS.

Final party was Ninja/Dragoon/Devout/Summoner, went into the final battles around Level 52, about 55 by the time I got to the actual final boss. Didn't have too much trouble with Xande or the four guardians, but the Cloud of Darkness was a much nearer thing. Particle Beam is no joke! Took out my physical characters, and I was pretty sure it was only a couple turns until my magic ones went too, but my Summoner, with his last Level 8 cast, dealt the finishing blow with Bahamut. Haven't felt that kind of relief in quite a while.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I just got to the part where Tidus and Yuna go swimming under the stars. How far into the game is that?

I'm not gonna be doing a lot of extra content. Kinda just doing a straight shot.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to the part where Tidus and Yuna go swimming under the stars. How far into the game is that?

I'm not gonna be doing a lot of extra content. Kinda just doing a straight shot.

You are very deep into it. You got two or three major plot points before the side content opens up. If you are not doing that then it's 3 or 4 hours and you are done.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thanks for the input all. Currently just got to Yojimbo since he was barely to the side of the main quest.
Didn't have enough money to haggle him though lol.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So just got don't beating Yunalesca. She wasn't too hard. I should be fine just going straight to the last few bosses right?
Yeah, Yunalesca is one of the harder bosses along with the final boss, but if you didn't have too much trouble with her, you should be good.

I do recommend finding all of the optional aeons if you haven't already before entering the final dungeon.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah, Yunalesca is one of the harder bosses along with the final boss, but if you didn't have too much trouble with her, you should be good.

I do recommend finding all of the optional aeons if you haven't already before entering the final dungeon.

Seems like I have to now. Was wanting to see how far I could get with limited resources.
But Jecht seems impossible due to the healing he gets.

What's the quicker way to getting ready to beat him? Would just getting the summons be enough? Or would doing something to farm one of Rikus 9999 mixes work better?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I have to now. Was wanting to see how far I could get with limited resources.
But Jecht seems impossible due to the healing he gets.

What's the quicker way to getting ready to beat him? Would just getting the summons be enough? Or would doing something to farm one of Rikus 9999 mixes work better?

You could do the Omega Ruins. You can probably clear it in an hour. It's a big step up in EXP from other areas so your strength will skyrocket quickly. You'll need something with first strike on it to avoid getting instant game overed by the Malboros in there, but otherwise, it's a pretty natural progression difficulty wise from the end of the normal game. By the time you make it to the end and beat the boss, you should be able to handle Jecht pretty easily......though maybe too easily if you want him to be hard.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You could do the Omega Ruins. You can probably clear it in an hour. It's a big step up in EXP from other areas so your strength will skyrocket quickly. You'll need something with first strike on it to avoid getting instant game overed by the Malboros in there, but otherwise, it's a pretty natural progression difficulty wise from the end of the normal game. By the time you make it to the end and beat the boss, you should be able to handle Jecht pretty easily......though maybe too easily if you want him to be hard.

I think I'll go and do that then. Would rather be farther in level than doing odd tasks.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was able to beat it. Thanks to grinding a beat in the omega caverns, some smart use of orbs I had saved up, and Yojimbo coming in clutch with his one hit cool move on jecht near the end.

For FFX-2 is there any moment of no return? Will I get in a no-win state on the last boss? Or will there be options just in-case I'm weak.