• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 11, 2018
The Dominant thing also seems to borrow a bit from a plot element introduced in Heavensward with Shiva. Those who have played it know what I'm talking about.

Jan 11, 2018
In short, yes.

Throughout A Realm Reborn we see various beast tribes summon their respective Primal of worship, be it Ifrit, Ramuh or Garuda. However, the main scenario leading up to Heavensward introduces a woman who would eventually use her own body as a vessel or avatar to summon saint Shiva - although we find out a bit later that the transformation is based solely on her own preconceptions of the saint from her and her people's faith rather than the actual saint herself. She also possesses the Echo, the same kind of blessing by the Mother Crystal as the Warrior of Light which also prevents her from being 'tampered' (enthralled) by Primals and thus also able to remain in control, as well as safely revert back to her original human form again when weakened. So she's a suitable host for this kind of summoning for that reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if being a Dominant in the world of Final Fantasy XVI works in a similar fashion.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing FFIV complete collection on my vita

owned it on psp but never played it on vita and have never finished the game

still such an enjoyable cast and experience. only a couple hours in now but i look forward to the entire experience

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any idea where this orchestral medley is from?

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
So I just bought FF XIII for PC this morning. Easily the FF I had wanted to play the most, and it runs fine for now, considering my crappy PC.

The thing is that I searched around for info about the XIII trilogy's PC ports and they are apparently infamous for being trash. Which is a pity because I was planning to buy the entire trilogy at some point. So my question is if I have made an awful decision, really. Should I refund XIII? Or was it just an overreaction? It runs completely fine on my PC, and if the next two games are at least playable, I really don't care if they are not optimized. I don't know if the issues have been fixed, either.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought FF XIII for PC this morning. Easily the FF I had wanted to play the most, and it runs fine for now, considering my crappy PC.

The thing is that I searched around for info about the XIII trilogy's PC ports and they are apparently infamous for being trash. Which is a pity because I was planning to buy the entire trilogy at some point. So my question is if I have made an awful decision, really. Should I refund XIII? Or was it just an overreaction? It runs completely fine on my PC, and if the next two games are at least playable, I really don't care if they are not optimized. I don't know if the issues have been fixed, either.
XIII runs fine at 30 on PC and looks really good graphically for a 2009 PS3 game. The issue was you needed Durante's tool to run it at higher resolutions and it has unstable performance past 30fps.

Jan 11, 2018

In case you're confused by the three very similar sounding terms after beating the first chapter:

fal'Cie - Gods
l'Cie - people branded by gods and given a Focus, a task which they must complete
c'ieth - failing one's focus turns you into one of these monsters

Getting these figured out early will save you a lot of headache trying to follow the game's dialogue.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've started FFX-2 HD for the first time (I played original before/it was my first FF), and I was just wondering if skipping intros in Fiend arena/losing or winning in there counts against 100% completion lol? I know the game was super strict in not skipping dialogue and cutscenes etc.
Also, just because I never actually got it, am I correct in assuming that if I say let Yuna and Rikku escape so that Gun Mage Paine has a better chance of getting attacked by a blue bullet ability, this will stop Yuna and Rikku from activating Finale on The End Garment Grid, even though I didn't leave the battle completely?

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help me find this Final Fantasy X trailer?

It might have only been for PAL territories. It began with a quote from Sakaguchi saying he didn't think he could make a good action game as he preferred telling stories. Then it showed a montage of FFV through IX while the FFV main theme played before cutting to Tidus in the locker room and Otherworld kicked in.

I *think* it was on the demo disc that came with FFVI (which would explain why it began with V - Square were clearly toying with releasing more older FFs in PAL territories if VI was successful). But it might have easily just been on a PS Magazine demo disc, or the DVD that came with the full game.

I've searched YouTube but can only find US trailers that don't really match up.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone help me find this Final Fantasy X trailer?

It might have only been for PAL territories. It began with a quote from Sakaguchi saying he didn't think he could make a good action game as he preferred telling stories. Then it showed a montage of FFV through IX while the FFV main theme played before cutting to Tidus in the locker room and Otherworld kicked in.

I *think* it was on the demo disc that came with FFVI (which would explain why it began with V - Square were clearly toying with releasing more older FFs in PAL territories if VI was successful). But it might have easily just been on a PS Magazine demo disc, or the DVD that came with the full game.

I've searched YouTube but can only find US trailers that don't really match up.
I'm not familiar with it, but it seems like the FFVI demo and PS Mag deo were the same, and that just seems to be playable stuff, and not a trailer.
Bonus disc with PAL FFX sounds the most likely scenario, but I don't recall the platinum version having one, so I can't check sorry.
Edit: Yeah, it has to be the FFX bonus disc lol.

Last edited:

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
I just got charged, so they may send it soon, did you contact them?

i feel like i'm tagging you in every thread, lol

Yeah CS didn't say anything helpful just, 'its covid we have delays' kinda thing. I did get charged too though so hopefully its really happening!

Now to cross fingers that I don't get all the same characters.

its fine lol good luck with the persona, I am gonna have to return mine none of my local stores had the steelbook

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah CS didn't say anything helpful just, 'its covid we have delays' kinda thing. I did get charged too though so hopefully its really happening!

Now to cross fingers that I don't get all the same characters.

its fine lol good luck with the persona, I am gonna have to return mine none of my local stores had the steelbook

So i got two clouds, i doubt someone will get 2 cross dressed cloud, but if anyone wants to trade, i'm up for it!
EwAlSR5.jpg

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018
So i got two clouds, i doubt someone will get 2 cross dressed cloud, but if anyone wants to trade, i'm up for it!
EwAlSR5.jpg

damn did you everyone plus an extra cloud? nice, they must have organised them and just randomised the clouds? I still haven't gotten mine, no shipping confirmation/tracking link but last time I ordered from them I didn't either.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get any email either, just confirmation of charge, and then today an email with the DPD tracking, but it arrived same day, lol.

store.eu.square-enix-games.com

Square Enix Store | United Kingdom

Buy video games online at the Square Enix official store. Shop our top franchises including Final Fantasy, Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

I found it strange that they removed the silloute of cross dressing Cloud, it's only mentioned as a "Chaser figure" in the description, so maybe no one gets it anymore? :(.

better pick:
BVZmwO0.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, they indeed looks nice, i bet everyone except a very lucky few got female cloud or something else dupe.

I hope they do a v2, i want the rest of the main party, plus some randoms.

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018
Reanimatoin congrats!, so envy.

did you also get tons of those stands? like 3 or 4 per box?
Yeah, each box that had the stands had 3 or 4 per packet, but some boxes didnt even have a stand in them at all weirdly

Those aren't stands lol they're random weights so people can't weigh the blind boxes and know what figure is inside!

Also yeah it'd be nice to get the rest of the party, Vincent especially.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Currently playing FFXV because it is one of the few main line titles that I missed. Altissia is such a beautiful city and from that point on, the story goes for a linear blockbuster style experience. Altissia looks great with white marble and with its venice flair with all the gondolas. Currently on chapter 13 and I am so hooked that I won't put the controller down today.

Jan 11, 2018
Currently playing FFXV because it is one of the few main line titles that I missed. Altissia is such a beautiful city and from that point on, the story goes for a linear blockbuster style experience. Altissia looks great with white marble and with its venice flair with all the gondolas. Currently on chapter 13 and I am so hooked that I won't put the controller down today.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Do you have the Royal Upgrade DLC installed?

At this point, it's safe for you to play Episode Gladiolus too. After Chapter 13 you can play Episode Prompto & Ignis too.

Jan 11, 2018
Yep got it but I decided to play it in the order of release if that makes sense.

Yeah, but having the Royal Upgrade installed adds a proper final dungeon, more cutscenes and bosses to the main game. So make sure it's installed. If you got a scene with Ardyn after he picked you up following the battle with Titan, you're good (if you're playing the Windows or Game Pass version everything should be included by default I believe, except perhaps for Episode Ardyn in the former). It's fine to save all of the DLC for post-game though.