• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have been reading a lot of talk about FFXVI in a bunch of different threads. First let me say that I am REALLY looking forward to a new FF, especially if is in a fantasy setting.

I thought Yoshi-P confirmed that he wasn't working on FFXVI and that it seemed that the rumors were false. Also, with all the talk about insiders, do you trust them? So many different users are saying that FFXVI was supposed to be shown on SoP, as if this was some widely known fact.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

I really want to believe that a new FF is coming.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have been reading a lot of talk about FFXVI in a bunch of different threads. First let me say that I am REALLY looking forward to a new FF, especially if is in a fantasy setting.

I thought Yoshi-P confirmed that he wasn't working on FFXVI and that it seemed that the rumors were false. Also, with all the talk about insiders, do you trust them? So many different users are saying that FFXVI was supposed to be shown on SoP, as if this was some widely known fact.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Never believe insiders, theyre always full of shit

shoptroll

May 29, 2018

A new FF is probably coming, that's always a given. They've had multiple teams working on them since the late 90's as IX, X, and XI were all simultaneously in development at one point. We also know that XIII was being worked on during XII's development which dragged out and pushed XIII onto the PS3. Who exactly is working on the next game is the big unknown but there is undoubtedly one in some stage of development currently.

Never believe insiders, theyre always full of shit

Agreed. Take everything that they say with a grain of salt. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. Their gossip has no more value than anyone else.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that most of us are in the FFEra discord (which can be found in the OP) so if you have any questions or just want to talk FF, the community is there if you would like to join.

Also the most recent person to confirm that XVI exist got nearly everything about sony's PS5 showcase right (I think XVI was the only thing off) + was recently verified by staff. Do with that what you will but XVI not being shown anymore like it was intended lines up with what SE has said about how Covid has made preparing things difficult.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buying this? I just ordered it on Amazon. I hope they are good.

EewiYfXXYAA70Pb

Yup. I've had it pre-ordered since May of last year.
It's been delayed 4 times I think. I'm looking forward to it.
Unfortunately, Yen Press doesn't appear to have any more FF novel localizations on the horizon.

Zeron

Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Anyone buying this? I just ordered it on Amazon. I hope they are good.

EewiYfXXYAA70Pb
Mine arrived today. Haven't really started reading it yet though.
I'm curious to know if they kept the Japanese names given to the four warriors of light in the original game or if they came up with new ones for the English release. Either way, I'll be using those for my next playthrough of the game :D
The names in this translation are Setro (warrior), Zauver (thief), Teol (black mage), and Flora (white mage).

Jan 11, 2018
Mine arrived today. Haven't really started reading it yet though.

The names in this translation are Setro (warrior), Zauver (thief), Teol (black mage), and Flora (white mage).

Thanks for the update! The Japanese names were:
  • Zest, the Warrior
  • Sauber, the Thief
  • Floe, the White Mage
  • Daewoo, the Black Mage
I kinda prefer Daewoo to Teol though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I just found this and thought others might enjoy it too. The lead singer of my favorite band (Floor Jansen, from Nightwish) apparently sang Sound of the Wind (the theme song from Crystal Chronicles) back in 2007. I love her voice so much.

Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrived today. I'll start reading it on Saturday.

Kinda sad that Yen has no more FF books on their release schedule now.
There's quite a few more they could do.

Last edited:

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018

madame x

May 15, 2020
5 and 2 are very awesome, 5 for much more obvious reasons.

2 is under appreciated, and has a ton of charm and fun.
before i played it, every person i talk to panned it, so maybe its me feeling like it deserves way more praise and now im overrating it, but yeah it is good.

5 is the best parts of 3 and 4 combined into one, with a great cast.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
1 and 2 are honestly really good but barely anyone ever talks about them :(
Maybe we should all talk about them then! FF2 was held back in the current times by public discorse being unable to move on from the exploit to powerlevel health by hitting yourselves.

If you think this kinda strategy is necessary, you have been misled by people who don't know what they're talking about.

I wish I managed to keep the 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls GBA cart way back when, I would love to do a double playthrough of the games.

FF1 on odd days, FF2 on even! 7th day's a break!

Any fun experiences people have had with FF2? Or even FF1?

5 is the best parts of 3 and 4 combined into one, with a great cast.
It is fantastic, it's more mechanical focus had made a lot of people assume it has a bad story, but really, the FF fanbase is absolutely sick with premeditated opinion, more people should give these titles a shot without preconceptions.

Lots of heartbreaking moments in FFV as well, one in particular hitting me super hard ; ~ ;

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I quite enjoyed the powerleveling in 2 though - I thought of it as a feature and not a bug >:)

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I was randomly listening to X-2 tracks. Has anyone ever heard this rearrangement of the Besaid Theme? It's apparently apart of the KUON collection which was promotional for X-2 when it was first released.

The guitar makes it beautiful.

Also there was a vocal version of Eternity: Memory of Light and Waves?!

Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved FFII. Really underrated.
FFIII was always the weakest of the classic era to me.

Started Crystal Chronicles Remastered.
Surprised to see it has no Platinum trophy.
Just a bare bones list of 9 trophies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Greg Miller said that all you have to do to get a platinum trophy is send sony an email, not exaggerating, that's how 20 minute long games get them, you just have to bug them about it and they cave.

madame x

May 15, 2020
Maybe we should all talk about them then! FF2 was held back in the current times by public discorse being unable to move on from the exploit to powerlevel health by hitting yourselves.

If you think this kinda strategy is necessary, you have been misled by people who don't know what they're talking about.

I wish I managed to keep the 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls GBA cart way back when, I would love to do a double playthrough of the games.

FF1 on odd days, FF2 on even! 7th day's a break!

Any fun experiences people have had with FF2? Or even FF1?

It is fantastic, it's more mechanical focus had made a lot of people assume it has a bad story, but really, the FF fanbase is absolutely sick with premeditated opinion, more people should give these titles a shot without preconceptions.

Lots of heartbreaking moments in FFV as well, one in particular hitting me super hard ; ~ ;
i understand the original release had some issues but the ios version i played was FINE and you didnt' have to do that more than 4-10 times every once in a while. i mainly just use osmose on my party members to increase mp more than anything.

1 is pretty good but the story is bare-bones, i would also like to say that its side-quests i played were not the tea though.

i dont know if ive gotten to a super heartbreaking part of 5 yet. im at the point where you first get the submarine. i feel like 4 is the spiritual successor to ii tone-wise and story wise, but 2 did it better, where 5 is the successor to 3 but 5 did it better.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
So I was randomly listening to X-2 tracks. Has anyone ever heard this rearrangement of the Besaid Theme? It's apparently apart of the KUON collection which was promotional for X-2 when it was first released.

The guitar makes it beautiful.

Also there was a vocal version of Eternity: Memory of Light and Waves?!

Hadn't heard that Besaid theme rearrangement, it's great! I recall listening to 'Morning Glow' quite a bit when the game initially released, but I couldn't tell you how I managed to find it.

I think the X-2 soundtrack has some of the most soothing of all FF tracks. Probably owes to the post-Sin world the game takes place in.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I bet there's all kinds of cool and attractive people in that discord, I should join!

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need to hype up XVI being announced so that when it's not, we can all face crushing disappointment together. Ultimate bonding experience. :Aerithprayer:

Last edited:

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Can't believe they finally announced FFXVI and I'm this disappointed...

I think it says a lot about the current state of things that they led off with FF and closed on Demon's Souls and GoW2. Like that's a massive change from where the franchise has been in the past. Maybe I'm reading too much into that and they wanted to close on games closer to release but it still feels notable.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it says a lot about the current state of things that they led off with FF and closed on Demon's Souls and GoW2. Like that's a massive change from where the franchise has been in the past. Maybe I'm reading too much into that and they wanted to close on games closer to release but it still feels notable.
It was the only game using PC footage probably the most likely reason.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

lol what, the first and last games shown are the most important. This was huge for Sony.

OP
OP
Eleriu

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think XVI looks cool. I'll update the OP to include it once a non text logo shows up.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I just fundamentally do not want a DMC battle system with what looks like no party members. It's so diametrically opposed to why I love this series. If they seriously do not have party members with commands and stuff that would be one of the biggest gaming disappointments I can ever remember. Just fashioning it after DMC is a bombshell to my gut.

I'm hoping I eat my words, but it feels so strange to see FFXVI and be so disappointed in the direction. I guess I have FFVIIR-2 to look forward to as long as it keeps the similar system in tact, though the nuttery at the end of the story in the first part makes me hesitant on that.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
I'm not super in love with the setting, but I do like the aspect of having dominants(?) who are otherwise regular humans but can somehow transform into the traditional summons.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Ngl, i wish they'd settle on a terminology for summons. Dont care if its eikon, eidlon, guardian force, esper, just pick one lol