• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in Figure era run into this issue. I ordered 3 Figures from 1999.co.jpy 2 arrived in fine condition but the other has a fair few issues face hanging off visible glue dents in the weapon. I messaged them and they said they were investigating. They asked for pics and now they arent replying the last message was on the 26th of January I have sent 5 more for updates since. They refuse to reply. I'm thinking of doing a chargeback but I dont want to cause the other figures were fine but this is a super shit situation.
They're kinda leaving you no choice if they just expect you to eat the cost of a busted figure. You've more than done your due diligence imo. I'd see if your CC company can only reverse the charge of the one figure. If they can't then I'd have no qualms about doing a chargeback.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
They're kinda leaving you no choice if they just expect you to eat the cost of a busted figure. You've more than done your due diligence imo. I'd see if your CC company can only reverse the charge of the one figure. If they can't then I'd have no qualms about doing a chargeback.
I sent them a final email saying if I receive no updates by the end of the month I'll intiate a chargeback.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
They will absolutely ban you for that, but I would just start using another shop.

Oct 25, 2017
Any update about new figures of Vtubers? I only found 2 were Kizuna Ai and Kaguya Luna, but they were hard to find in stores anywhere and barely showing up in online. :(

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if there's more info during the thread but couldn't find it.

What's the concensus on buying for UK? At present I'm importing from ESP since it was far cheaper than buying in UK, but might be a better option outside? Checked Amiami HLJ and Ninoma but after adding costs of delivery + expecting a charge through customs I think it will come up more expensive. How do you all source it? Or what's the rule of thumb for cost at customs so I can approximate the amount?

Regards!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Any update about new figures of Vtubers? I only found 2 were Kizuna Ai and Kaguya Luna, but they were hard to find in stores anywhere and barely showing up in online. :(
Anything specific you're looking for? Most figures are manufactured and then that's it. Whatever's out there is out there, so you have to rely on the aftermarket if you miss out, unless the figure gets re-released by the manufacturer later. Even so, there are places you can look besides ebay.

Oct 25, 2017
Anything specific you're looking for? Most figures are manufactured and then that's it. Whatever's out there is out there, so you have to rely on the aftermarket if you miss out, unless the figure gets re-released by the manufacturer later. Even so, there are places you can look besides ebay.

Any types of Figma or sculptor, as long as it isn't made of a "bootleg" or anything fake and I'll be gladly to buy it in a beat.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Any types of Figma or sculptor, as long as it isn't made of a "bootleg" or anything fake and I'll be gladly to buy it in a beat.
Out of what I checked, BigBadToyStore, Hobbysearch, and AmiAmi all have plenty of Kizuna Ai stuff in stock. You could probably take a look at Nippon-Yasan as well, though they usually increase the prices on aftermarket stuff.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
As usual, like many supply chains that have been disrupted:

www.siliconera.com

Coronavirus Will Delay Good Smile Company Figures Made in China

Coronavirus delays have hit Good Smile Company figures, statues, clothing, and accessories that are made in China.

The only one of those I have on order is the MonHun Nendo. When it comes to figures, I really don't mind delays (my Chobits statue has only been delayed like 6 times anyhow :p)

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
As usual, like many supply chains that have been disrupted:

www.siliconera.com

Coronavirus Will Delay Good Smile Company Figures Made in China

Coronavirus delays have hit Good Smile Company figures, statues, clothing, and accessories that are made in China.

The only one of those I have on order is the MonHun Nendo. When it comes to figures, I really don't mind delays (my Chobits statue has only been delayed like 6 times anyhow :p)
More time to save!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I feel like with figure collectors, it's probbaly one of the few groups that don't mind these delays :x This year is A LOT quieter than last for figure orders for me (I'm actually glad this WonFes had very minimal must-buys this year!), but it's still a couple a month, on average.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like with figure collectors, it's probbaly one of the few groups that don't mind these delays :x This year is A LOT quieter than last for figure orders for me (I'm actually glad this WonFes had very minimal must-buys this year!), but it's still a couple a month, on average.
Same. But I think that's partly to do with my cutting down to what I feel are essentials. A lot of single-figure pricing has gotten silly, and WonFes lineups have become very focused on things like Fate: GO, which I have no interest in.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Same. But I think that's partly to do with my cutting down to what I feel are essentials. A lot of single-figure pricing has gotten silly, and WonFes lineups have become very focused on things like Fate: GO, which I have no interest in.

Yeah there's that too. I window shop a lot, and always like browsing those huge, elaborate statues and their craftsmanship. But as to what I actually buy, I've cut down A LOT. I used to collect a ton of Pokemon merch too, but only stick to a few lines I enjoy, and some of those I'm picky with too and don't get the whole set (it's Pokemon, so too many). I currently only own ONE Fate figure, but I guess it's a good thing I never dove into the franchise, although there are a ton of nice designs from it, but none I would want to purchase.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice this before, but apparently Good Smile is making some 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim figures?

945908.jpg
945965.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
You'd be waiting a while. The people who are starving for them are definitely grabbing these rereleases. You probably wouldn't be able to turn a really good profit until over a year from now, if at all. I'd say it's too risky.

It depends on how successful the Xeno series becomes in the future. I got into Monster Hunter late and now all the old $100-$160 figures have jumped to $400-$500.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I don't really buy many figures but as a hardcore DMC fan since the first one, I massively over-spent and bought the 1000toys Deluxe Dante.

Damn this figure is dope. The Coat seems a bit to big when standing straight but it's really the right size to allow for dynamic posing. My phone camera is crap sadly, but anyway:

eeO2JAs.jpg

Also, the faces look way better in person than in pictures imo, I'm actually quite surprised as I was not really convinced coming from some YT Reviews.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Pyra and Mythra together are going to cost at least 5k EMS on AmiAmi though. Probably closer to 6k. Either way it seems like I'd be saving money going with GSC directly unless I'm missing something.
For current shipping costs? I still think 6k is lowballing it. My last Ami order, I went with DHL because it was cheaper than EMS. And it literally went from Japan to NY in like, 2 days.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
For current shipping costs? I still think 6k is lowballing it. My last Ami order, I went with DHL because it was cheaper than EMS. And it literally went from Japan to NY in like, 2 days.
Fuck that's fast. Might go with DHL now that I'm on the east coast. Went with AmiAmi in the end. December may or may not be hell on my wallet if Miss Orangette actually makes her date.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that's fast. Might go with DHL now that I'm on the east coast. Went with AmiAmi in the end. December may or may not be hell on my wallet if Miss Orangette actually makes her date.
I usually use EMS but it still takes a good week or so to get here. Not as fast as it used to be. DHL was a few bucks cheaper in this case, so I tried it and was amazed.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Due to the re-release of Pyra and Mythra, I suddenly realize that I would be very happy if a figure for THAT character or Nia or Poppi (final form) happens.

And now I am curious, which character will be you choice if you are granted the power to order one figure to be made?

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I probably should be saying Rance since it's kind of ridiculous that he has still never gotten one, but a Sheeda scale figure would be the dream.

At least she got a nendo in recent years though.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I probably should be saying Rance since it's kind of ridiculous that he has still never gotten one, but a Sheeda scale figure would be the dream.

At least she got a nendo in recent years though.
Now think about it, 30 years have passed and not even one figure for Rance lmao. That is pretty funny but also telling that people rather want a figure for the girls rather than him.

A scale for Sheeda would be great. I would definitely want to see one. Talking about FE, I will also pay good money to get one for Lyn or Hinoka if they are made. Maybe Hector too. They are leaving money on the table when so many popular FE characters haven't had any figure yet.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I would definitely consider some kind of riser display for the amiibo. Something like these:

51ieF2E56hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Yeah, I was going to research what are some better risers out there. I need them for not just all my amiibo, but a bunch of trading/gachapon figures as well.

I'm taking a pause to just buy more organizing stuff like card sleeves with sheets for binders, bags/boards for doujinshi, etc.

So, if you have a recommendation for risers, I'm all ears.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
And now I am curious, which character will be you choice if you are granted the power to order one figure to be made?
Elma. 1000%
Yeah, I was going to research what are some better risers out there. I need them for not just all my amiibo, but a bunch of trading/gachapon figures as well.

I'm taking a pause to just buy more organizing stuff like card sleeves with sheets for binders, bags/boards for doujinshi, etc.

So, if you have a recommendation for risers, I'm all ears.
Nothing in particular. I collect larger scale figures so I buy a different kind of riser. But Amazon has tons of options so you can certainly find something there to suit you. I know a lot of people use the tiered style for Nendoroids as well.

Last edited:

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to buying figures. I really want to get my hands on the Mandalorian main character figure for a reasonable price. I appreciate it seems to be going for crazy money due to it being sold out everywhere but can anyone point me in the direction of reputable sites that are either UK based on ship to the UK? Many thanks.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to buying figures. I really want to get my hands on the Mandalorian main character figure for a reasonable price. I appreciate it seems to be going for crazy money due to it being sold out everywhere but can anyone point me in the direction of reputable sites that are either UK based on ship to the UK? Many thanks.
Which one are you talking about specifically? There's no shortage of Mandalorian figures by various manufacturers.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The black series version of Mando himself either regular or copper edition.
This one?

www.bigbadtoystore.com

Star Wars: The Black Series The Mandalorian Action Figure

Exquisitely detailed to resemble his on-screen appearance, this figure of the Mandalorian is a beautiful addition to any collection. Order it from BBTS!

FYI, there is another figure thread on Era that caters to action figures. The general focus of this thread is Japanese import pvc figures, so you may find people more knowledgeable about what you're looking for over there.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This one?

www.bigbadtoystore.com

Star Wars: The Black Series The Mandalorian Action Figure

Exquisitely detailed to resemble his on-screen appearance, this figure of the Mandalorian is a beautiful addition to any collection. Order it from BBTS!

FYI, there is another figure thread on Era that caters to action figures. The general focus of this thread is Japanese import pvc figures, so you may find people more knowledgeable about what you're looking for over there.

Yeah that's one. Shit I'm sorry I got the wrong thread!