• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Fight'N Rage on Steam

Fight’N Rage is a brand new old-school side-scroller beat’em up. Inspired by the classics from the “golden age”, and with an art style that mimics the aesthetic from the 90's arcade gems, this game pays homage to all classic gameplay features that makes this genre one of the best from its time!

That's a steal. If you're into beat em ups, you should try this game.

What's it like?
What do you get when you throw Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and Battle Circuit into a blender? Something like Fight'N Rage!

One of the deepest BEUs around. It has juggles, huge combos, running, vertical dodging, fighting game input specials, throws, pretty much everything you can imagine as a move in a BEU.

Amazing soundtrack by Gonzalo Varela.

VS mode, training room, 3 player co-op, extra missions, branching paths, tons of unlockable characters.

The much requested suspend feature is finally in. The campaign can be pretty long because of how hard it is.

Tons of references. KOF, TMNT, Street Fighter, Battletoads. If it was a 90s BEU or fighting game, it's probably referenced here.

Yes, you can turn off the CRT effects and scanlines.

No, it's not online.

This game would be perfect for Switch. Is this game coming to Switch?

Nintendo wouldn't give the guy a dev kit, so no. https://steamcommunity.com/app/674520/discussions/0/1741094390463856995/

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Nice beatem up with neat animations. I should really aim to learning its more advanced elements tho xp

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
People please buy this, one of the best beat'em up in recent years!
The reference to fighting games, the parring system and combo systems are some of the best on the genre.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Easily the best indie beat em up I've played. I can't recommend it enough especially if your someone like me who thinks most modern attempts at the genre get too bogged down with RPG elements or loot grinding.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Game seemed fine but the female character was portrayed in a super gross way iirc. Obviously doesn't affect gameplay but ymmv if it's tolerable; it put me off. I don't mind sexualised/sexy characters but that shit was absurd.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Game seemed fine but the female character was portrayed in a super gross way iirc. Obviously doesn't affect gameplay but ymmv if it's tolerable; it put me off. I don't mind sexualised/sexy characters but that shit was absurd.

This is the one thing they got completely wrong.... the female design is so unnecessary. ;/

jedezel

Oct 28, 2017
Why? What's wrong with it?
At first, there was none.
Then, as people complained, the dev added a very convoluted save system that needs a twenty lines explanation post from him. I do not remember how it is working, but in the Steam event page, you will find the post.
(I am at work and Steam is blocked so I cannot link it to you)

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
The save system works like a quick save in an RPG. It's a suspend game feature and not a normal save. It's fine for an arcade style game.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Great price. I ultimately didn't love the game, but at that price it's a no-brainer.

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame. I've been wanting this game for a long time, but I'm holding out for a Switch version. There's just no way I'm buying it on any other platform.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know what a BEU was but then I realized you were talking about Belt Action.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
It's a really good beat em up game. I would definitely recommend people to buy it at 4 bucks. It's worth it even if you only play through it once or twice.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Bumping this thread. If you like brawlers, Get it.
NOW.

EDIT: Also shout out to Aztez, an Aztec brawler with awesome strategy elements.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fight N Rage is brilliant. The female character sprite's stupid oversexualised bounciness is the only thing that really drags it down, but it's easy to look past when you're actually playing. You're never standing still for very long. Everything about the gameplay feels tight as fuck, probably the best indie 2D brawler I've played on par with SoRR.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It really is a terrific beat-em-up, although the difficultly shoots way up when playing solo. I got stuck on the end boss, and eventually lost my save.

The Monitor filter looks pretty nice, IMO.

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Fight N Rage is brilliant. The female character sprite's stupid oversexualised bounciness is the only thing that really drags it down, but it's easy to look past when you're actually playing. You're never standing still for very long. Everything about the gameplay feels tight as fuck, probably the best indie 2D brawler I've played on par with SoRR.
Personally, I just didn't like the chibi overall design style. There just aren't enough modern retro games with arcade-quality artwork.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Cross posting from the other thread

I just picked this up. Don't see any discernible difference between the PC version in terms of framerate. No online multiplayer but it does have 3 player couch co-op.

Then again the original PC release didn't have online multiplayer either.

Blitworks job in all this was just merely publishing and porting work. They didn't add any new features. It's already a feature packed game to begin with.

Definitely worthwhile for console owners. As I said I already own this on PC, but picked it up for Switch because it's easier to bring it over to my friends houses to setup a couch co-op party. I used to do the same thing with my Laptop and Streets of Rage Remake plugged into a big TV via HDMI.

This is strictly a no-frills straight port of the PC release. It's an excellent game that still is excellent, just now playable on all current consoles.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just tried this on PC and it's fun as hell, but I feel very sorry for the female character as she seems to have forgotten to wear a bra and also has breasts made out of rubber with a helium core. She must be in some serious pain :(