• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The latest additions to the list have left Bloodstorm at #69, to which I'm sure the creators would have remarked, "Nice."

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Someone send them a copy of Tech Romancer. That list needs a new #1.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
KSlQm88.png

This self-loathing anime game knows what's up.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my, Warrior's Rage. What a complete waste of excellent character designs. There's a ton of great ones there (Saya and the little kid excluded), and Senri Kita's artwork was sublime. And then there's the game...

Like, look at this:
SSWRKita.jpg

WRSenriKita.jpg

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Theres no such thing as a good ranking for multiple fighting games. People look for different things in their fighting games. Some people won't rank a game without a lot of single player content very well while some literally only play versus and practice mode. Even if there is somehow complete feature parity people want differences in mechanics; things like game speed, differences in risk vs reward, spacing, movement options, etc.

The only thing you can really figure out is what fighting games are objectively terrible because they're simply broken as hell and don't function correctly, but that doesn't mean people won't enjoy them either.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Theres no such thing as a good ranking for multiple fighting games. People look for different things in their fighting games. Some people won't rank a game without a lot of single player content very well while some literally only play versus and practice mode. Even if there is somehow complete feature parity people want differences in mechanics; things like game speed, differences in risk vs reward, spacing, movement options, etc.

The only thing you can really figure out is what fighting games are objectively terrible because they're simply broken as hell and don't function correctly, but that doesn't mean people won't enjoy them either.
some people still haven't accepted science into their hearts

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Still no ranking for the actual greatest fighting game ever, Tech Romancer?

Do I have to send a copy in myself or something?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna congratulate Clayfighter 63 1/3 on being one of the top 100 fighting games of all time.
That game looked like nuclear trash.

Games I'd love to see Jeff lead them to explore through the magic of science:

Weaponlord
Eternal Champions (especially the Sega CD sequel, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (I think this counts as more of a fighting game than a wrestling game)
Mace: The Dark Age
Last Blade
Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (especially the good arcade version)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had stuck with the big-ass zoomed-in sprites XII had in XIII.

kof12-06-1100x619.png

Look at all dem chunky pixels.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That game looked like nuclear trash.

Games I'd love to see Jeff lead them to explore through the magic of science:

Weaponlord
Eternal Champions (especially the Sega CD sequel, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (I think this counts as more of a fighting game than a wrestling game)
Mace: The Dark Age
Last Blade
Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (especially the good arcade version)

You don't know how happy it makes me to see someone mention Mace. I played way too much of that game.

I also want to see them review that excavator fighting game I forgot the name of.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
What the hell I came here to say disappointed that Mace wasn't mentioned not commiting to reading 14 pages of thread to confirm that and there's two people on this page already bringing it up.

Time for a Mace remake.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
This episode felt really phoned in. I'm starting to get tired of the ranking gimmick and clearly they are too.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I think the science has definitely suffered in Jeff's absence. While Jason is doing an admirable job keeping things objective, science intern Ben is clearly not ready to wear a lab coat and there are obvious and glaring failures in his methodology.

I'd hate to see this series slide into the dangerous world of fighting game psuedo science ranking smash brothers games.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
This was fun to watch. I've been wanting to see more high level play of some of the wild/janky games shown on Ranking of Fighters. Like, what does high level Asuka 120% Special Burning Fest play look like? I'm dying to know.
the only video I can find is this:

I don't know if they're good or not but they look it!

there's evidence that it was streamed at some tournament but I can't find a vod

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does not seem like the science is prepared to account for The Last Blade's Ultimate Offensive Orgy.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really wondering if the scientists' complaints about how The King of Fighters '96 is playing is due to playing the PS4 ports.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're approaching 100 games in this scientific list. Which game should they evaluate to commemorate that?

Street Fighter II?
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3?
Marvel vs. Capcom 2?
Street Fighter Alpha 3?
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?
Street Fighter Alpha II?
Super Street Fighter II Turbo?
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax?
Samurai Shodown II?
DONG DONG NEVER DIE?
Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire?
Divekick?

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
jackie chan fists of fire is the greatest fighting game ever made

maybe they dont want to do it because it will make the list making more boring in the future as nothing could ever dethrone it