• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is it me or it looks like the characters' models in MKXI have shorter than usual legs? From the knee down, I mean. That part looks too short.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scar almost got 3-0'd in the first match of top 8 and then just destroyed everyone the rest of the way, good for him

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What sucks about fighting game tourney's finishing so late is that I always want to play afterwards.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Scar choosing to save the D bar for wakeups and not breakaways is what won him that match. Dbar comes back slower when you break away and against a pressure character like Jaqui you always want to have some for when she's walking you down on knockdown.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I would never bet against SonicFox on the first huge tournament after an NRS launch. I would have lost hard, stoekd for Scar.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This reminds me of when Justin Wong kept losing EVO for MvC3. He got it eventually

Sonya's rings are still busted

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Scar choosing to save the D bar for wakeups and not breakaways is what won him that match. Dbar comes back slower when you break away and against a pressure character like Jaqui you always want to have some for when she's walking you down on knockdown.

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering why he never broke away SF combos

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. It's so tempting to breakaway everything on reflex but that meter for getting back up can be so useful. Surprised to see so few rolls though; nearly every one I did see worked well.
At least there's EVO.

Tekken and MK were godlike this weekend with BBCT as added coolness.
Tekken was almost as good as MK11 for me and I don't even play Tekken!