• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Auction tournaments are them selling the characters. People buy the character to play and then all the money collected goes in to the pot. Last night MK11 had an auction tournament, the pot was 70% winner, 30% 2nd.
and characters sold for up to 200 dollars - it was so fun to watch

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
and characters sold for up to 200 dollars - it was so fun to watch

Yeah, last night was weird. SonicFox bailed on the bids when Jacqui hit $80 or something. Guess he figured he could get a character for cheap. Then he ends up bidding on the final character available (Sub-Zero) and goes up to $210 because it was the last option. Despite him saying Sub-Zero is low tier, he still ends up winning.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Yeah, last night was weird. SonicFox bailed on the bids when Jacqui hit $80 or something. Guess he figured he could get a character for cheap. Then he ends up bidding on the final character available (Sub-Zero) and goes up to $210 because it was the last option. Despite him saying Sub-Zero is low tier, he still ends up winning.

Tiers don't matter. Skill does. He has that skill.

Say what you want about SonicFox. I have played MK11, MKX, and Injustice 2. A pro player cannot know how to play every character. It's very very very hard. I only am pretty good with two characters. Like two characters. Not great or fantastic, not amazing, but LITERALLY just pretty good. Sonic is pro-level ready with like every MK11 character a month out. He's an absolute monster. He's the greatest fighting game player who ever lived I'd say. Dude won a couple of tourneys on different games at EVO last year too. At LEAST two games at EVOOOO. Unreal to me man. Unreal.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Tiers don't matter. Skill does. He has that skill.

Say what you want about SonicFox. I have played MK11, MKX, and Injustice 2. A pro player cannot know how to play every character. It's very very very hard. I only am pretty good with two characters. Like two characters. Not great or fantastic, not amazing, but LITERALLY just pretty good. Sonic is pro-level ready with like every MK11 character a month out. He's an absolute monster. He's the greatest fighting game player who ever lived I'd say. Dude won a couple of tourneys on different games at EVO last year too. At LEAST two games at EVOOOO. Unreal to me man. Unreal.

Don't get me wrong. The funny part of that was that he had just put out a video a few days before with his tier list for MK11. Everyone rates Sub Zero pretty high but Sonic said he was really bad because you can fuzzy-block his 50/50. The only reason he went $210 in was because Sub-Zero was the last character available. Aaaaand he still stomped. SonicFox is an amazing fighting game player but no one learns NRS games faster than he does. Dude is a genius.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
How many games can he possibly do?

I hate to admit it but MK and DBFZ have me more hyped than SF right now. Also BBCT.
A lot of fgc pros play multiple games, just enter to kill time n have fun in between main games.ChrisG plays like everything, and Kazunoko last year was a beast.

Dude would have weekends where he was top 8 I'm guilty, blazblue, cross tag battle, and dbfz, while participating in sfv stuff.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
First time watching UNIST and it was actually fun.
Usually I am not a fan of get hit once take 50% damage games but the characters are pretty nice.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
What the hell is even going on they're so real
NRS two most prominent regions are Texas n Florida apparently, and there was some twitter trash talk (friendly) about which state ran deeper. And this stream is not tied to combo breaker or any of the pro tour stuff so they are free to put the jerseys aside and throw standards n practices out the window in a 10v10 exhibition.

It's fucking great.

Last edited:

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Every single fighting game tournament needs the most biased commentary. This is the best.

"You know he's going to go low in to fatal blow, right?"

Narrator: He goes low in to fatal blow.