• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't think it'll do much to bring the game back from the dead, it's so incredibly unpopular it's somewhat impressive, but it's great news all the same. Hopefully this is a trend that continues until it finally becomes a standard amongst the Japanese Fighting Game developers

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
The tweet specifically says they're testing it in a private beta build, but also that they're always testing everything and that the game systems would have to be altered to best integrate rollback, so there's no guarantee they'll fold it back into the real game. It's nice to hear but it's far from confirmation it's actually happening.

Oct 26, 2017
No kidding? I don't think I've double dipped on the game on Steam, but I definitely will do so once the rollback gets updated into the game! I'll even get all the DLC, costumes included!

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
The more FGs that implement this the better. Happy for those who play this.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really what he said... lol
In case anyone needs more confirmation that this is all coming from a mistranslation, from Mihara himself:

Misinformation is being spread by mistranslation from Japanese to English. I will simply explain the facts.
*We have not done any field tests of the rollback method at this time.
*We are not implementing any rollback measures in the FEXL at this time. (to be continued).
(Continued)
*We are experimenting based on the April Fool's Day version of FEXL.
It's a way for us to get a rollback formula in the future.
There are no plans to commercially deploy the April Fool's Edition at the moment.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
giphy.gif

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This actually makes more sense than them trying to retro-fit rollback into their current game.

Much easier to start from scratch.

.....Unless their research concludes that "rollback doesn't suit their game".