• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why the rest of the world hates US sports culture. No one is denying anyone the right to celebrate a fucking World Cup. That doesn't mean the criticism wasn't justified.

The criticism about the Thailand game wasn't justified. The other thread has every goal scored and what the team did after. Watching all of them makes it clear the whole thing was over blown.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
10 shots on target by USA, like 8 or 9 of them incredible saves by Netherlands

gonna be some Netherlands fans in jail today

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
That Lavelle goal really was a thing of beauty.

How many shots did Netherlands have? I remember a few moments where they seemed threatening but Naeher didn't have to work very hard today.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
The Dutch are awesome and I love their cities and their language and culture and now I am craving bitterballen

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
My only real disappointment / worry post-tournament is the state of German women's soccer. But at least they got this award:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Anyway, England had the opportunity to beat this USA side. They played much better than this Dutch team and missed a penalty. You need luck in this type of tournament and USA had plenty of it. Maybe I need to go into coaching a woman soccer team so I can help bring an end to USA women's dominance in this sport.

The salt is real. The Netherlands played better than England.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
What a day

Starting off with a win

ATL United - NYRB at 2

Peru - Brazil at 4

Timbers - NYCFC at 6:30

USA - Mexico at 9

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ellen White finished 3rd in the Golden Boot race since she had zero assists all tournament while Rapinoe and Morgan each had 3.

Oct 25, 2017
USA deserved winners, but proud of the Dutch. To be European champions and WC runner-up in such a short time is phenomenal.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
Wat is this

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm Dutch and I dislike celebrations of superiority were it's clear the opponent is way way way below your class.
You're going to run out of room to hold these Ls, my dude.

They weren't taunting and celebrating "superiority" over Thailand. They were having a good time en route to shattering records. If they were celebrating AT Thailand, you'd have a point. They weren't.