• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats USWNT. Most complete team of the tournament and won the final comfortably in the end. They've been the best team for the last decade which makes it even more incredible that Japan managed to beat them in 2011. Unless the rest of the world ups their game I wouldn't be surprised if they retain it in 2023.

Good news is the rest of the world is definitely taking steps towards that level. We have more teams than ever challenging the best teams in the knock out this tournament. The level is rising. There's still a way to get to USA's peak level, but I think we'll get closer.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I just wish the NWSL has a TV deal to follow up on this.
I think huge chunk of this team will play in the Summer Games next year.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I feel with better managers we will have other international teams competing more effectively against the us. Phil Neville isn't that highly regarded in men's football but he got this England side playing some decent football. If I was managing a team like Japan for example who have a lot of technical gifted players, they will adhere to a philosophy (e.g., similar to tiki Taka) that can take the woman's game by storm. Such a philosophy and managerial approach, plus emotional intelligence is what needs to improve in other teams. I don't believe USA women team are all captain marvel or superhuman. They are just better coached.

a - "THAT WASN'T A PENALTY!"

b - "Yeah it was look"

a - "Well the rule should change!"

b - "No that's silly and here's why"

a - "Well the US just GOT LUCKY!"

b - "Huh? They've dominated the entire tournament."

a - "The other coaches suck I COULD DO IT BETTER LISTEN TO ME PLEASE

PLEASE

please

ple

:'''''(((((((((("

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
Look at those damn showboaters. /s

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Nah, I feel with better managers we will have other international teams competing more effectively against the us. Phil Neville isn't that highly regarded in men's football but he got this England side playing some decent football. If I was managing a team like Japan for example who have a lot of technical gifted players, they will adhere to a philosophy (e.g., similar to tiki Taka) that can take the woman's game by storm. Such a philosophy and managerial approach, plus emotional intelligence is what needs to improve in other teams. I don't believe USA women team are all captain marvel or superhuman. They are just better coached. I would like to see this theory tested and have a top manager in the men games coach a good team in the women's game.

please go be a coach. at least it'll get you off the forums for 15 minutes.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So, anybody going to the fuckin' white house? Either way it's a win, Trump either has to make a call/tweet he very much doesn't want to or he just gives them the cold shoulder and it looks even worse lmao

Get fucked Trump.

Great win, they deserve it.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
They also played 130 minutes in the last game. They were wiped at the end once the Lavelle goal killed all their resolve.

I was hoping they could power through their fatigue and they did quite well, but the USA was relentless and after the penalty and the 2-0 they were just spent. Never really managed to get a good offense going either.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so happy right now. Should've bought a jersey before the prices skyrocketed. lmao

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So, anybody going to the fuckin' white house? Either way it's a win, Trump either has to make a call he very much doesn't want to or he just gives them the cold shoulder and it looks even worse lmao

Some might, but the two faces of the team (Morgan and Rapinoe) are already out. It'd be like if the Lakers won next year and went to the WH except for Lebron and AD.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
So, anybody going to the fuckin' white house? Either way it's a win, Trump either has to make a call/tweet he very much doesn't want to or he just gives them the cold shoulder and it looks even worse lmao

Get fucked Trump.

Great win, they deserve it.

I think he'll invite them and try to paint the team as un-American when they decline.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Rose Lavelle break out player for USA for sure. Other stars of the cup I'll have to list later, but many others popping

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This was a great WWC all around. Seeing the rest of the world continue to inch closer to the USA is really fun to see. The 2023 World Cup should be extremely competitive across the board.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Next stop the Olympics for England Team GB to avenge their semi final defeat. The only tournament since 1991 the US have failed to win a medal in was Rio 2016 so that tournament should be something to look forward to.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So we have a 20+ page thread gatekeeping women's celebrations and not one about how they won the FIFA World Cup?

Hmm..

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Did Morgan say she's not going either?

Yep, even before Rapinoe

President Donald Trump is another target. "I don't stand for a lot of things the current office stands for," Morgan says. She's particularly upset about the Administration's policy of separating migrant families at the southern border, noting that her husband's family is from Mexico. Indeed, if Trump invites the team to the White House after the World Cup, Morgan says she won't go. If that turns anyone off, so be it.

"We don't have to be put in this little box," Morgan says between sips of red wine at dinner. "There's the narrative that's been said hundreds of times about any sort of athlete who's spoken out politically. 'Stick to sports.' We're much more than that, O.K.?"

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats USWNT. Most complete team of the tournament and won the final comfortably in the end. They've been the best team for the last decade which makes it even more incredible that Japan managed to beat them in 2011. Unless the rest of the world ups their game I wouldn't be surprised if they retain it in 2023.
That US Japan Finals is probably the best World Cup Final I have ever seen.

That was really exciting.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Probably deserved GK MVP award, but many others could've won if they played longer. It has been a fantastic tournament for goalkeeping talent new and old

Dufus

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not going to the fucking White House!

You're not going to the fucking White House!

No one's! Going! To the fucking! White House!