• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I know the rule but it needs to be changed. An indirect freekick would have been more appropriate if we are to punish such a player. If the Netherlands player had eyes on the back of her head, she would have positioned her self to win and control the ball. It is harsh foul in my own opinion and the intent by the Dutch player was clear that she wanted to control the ball. I m not blaming the referee for calling it, i m just saying that the rules needs to be changed.

This is an actual pro-injury argument.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, England had the opportunity to beat this USA side. They played much better than this Dutch team and missed a penalty. You need luck in this type of tournament and USA had plenty of it.

This has not been a game of luck.

Do you have some kind of complex? Your reasoning ability is terrible when it involves the US team.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, England had the opportunity to beat this USA side. They played much better than this Dutch team and missed a penalty. You need luck in this type of tournament and USA had plenty of it. Maybe I need to go into coaching a woman soccer team so I can help bring an end to USA women's dominance in this sport.
Hey, I thought I was arrogant bastard.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Anyway, England had the opportunity to beat this USA side. They played much better than this Dutch team and missed a penalty. You need luck in this type of tournament and USA had plenty of it. Maybe I need to go into coaching a woman soccer team so I can help bring an end to USA women's dominance in this sport.

You need a bit of luck in any tournament, so what's your point?

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Great match, we did what we could. Best Dutch match of the cup. The players are still young, see you next year.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
2015 world cup WINNER - USA
480856875945033728.png

2019 world cup WINNER - USA
480856875945033728.png

SecondhandPessimisticFluke-max-1mb.gif

U S A !

U S A !

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats US, they were clearly strongest throughout the tournament.
Our team did well considering, what the expectations were. Even here we were sceptical and the first half was great by the Netherlands. Sadly that 1-0 created a huge mental blow.
Second place and the going to the olympics is great. Hopefully we'll have a chance the next time.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Spain shoulda won, France shoulda won, England shoulda won. yawn. You don't win 4 out of 8 world cups with luck

Yea, unfortunately the margin of victory was so thin. Other teams had the opportunity. That is the difference between winning a competition like this and going out. Needs to seize the moment and hope lady luck is on your side.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017

They conceded a goal much earlier. And they lost against SWE which NL beat. I think they are about even all things considered.

gg USA

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

I thought the Dutch coach had a great strategy in the first half.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats USA

Best challenge was France, probably. But huge success for Netherlands reaching the final after their fairy tale Euro win. They're establishewd now, but didn't have it in them to beat USA today.