• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still arguing that penalty was not a penalty is just not acting in good faith. That's a pen all day long in any league, any competition.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The rules need to be changed. Destroying a beautiful game because of a sketchy call that the referee didn't believe was a foul until she had to relook at var. let these team play without having a sketchy call ruining the game.

You're wrong. Take the L and let it go

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherland player was concerned about the ball and didn't deliberately hit the USA player. A foul should be given only if the Netherlands player was playing in a dangerous manner. In this instance, the Netherland player was unaware of the player behind her, so she could not have had any dangerous intent. The rules is to ancient. If they want to punish a player who had no dangerous intent in winning the ball, at least it should be an in direct freekick in the box.

LOL. This is exactly agains the rules. You put a cleat up at head level, you better be damn sure you aren't going to hurt someone.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone still arguing that penalty was not a penalty is just not acting in good faith. That's a pen all day long in any league, any competition.
seriously, its a rule to prevent injuries, just because she didnt get hurt doesnt mean its not a foul, people just bias and/or dense. who cares, take that goal away and USA still up

Oct 25, 2017
Can the dude who said the US can only win by cheating explain how that goal was cheating also please
Well actually, if the VAR refs hadn't been bribed to give the so called "penalty," the Netherlands wouldn't have been playing so open to allow the cheaters to counter off the non-called illegal tackle that won them the ball to set up the second goal...

/s, obviously.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands couldn't attack and were too slow on every counter. Never really had a chance.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
Think they mean all the trash talking which I can understand comes with sports when people tell each other to fuck off, fuck Netherlands etc it gets to the point it kind of ruins the experience honestly, even the NHL thread for me during the playoffs and times can be really toxic with people posting who are winning, no reason we cant be civil in victory or defeat
2gO3XUH.gif

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The rules need to be changed. Destroying a beautiful game because of a sketchy call that the referee didn't believe was a foul until she had to relook at var. let these team play without having a sketchy call ruining the game.

If it went the other way, you wouldn't be saying that It was a foul, and called correctly.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yanks are showing in this thread that they are even worse at victory than at defeat. How is that even possible.

Anyway, congratulations. Hope EU step up their game in women's football soon tho, there is so much wasted potential, it just needs to be taken as seriously as men's.
Hope they score a 3rd and celebrate like it's the 1st. Cause most players in the world would.

The no celebration against a former team is dumb as well. Adebayor did it right when celebrating against Arsenal years ago.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Think they mean all the trash talking which I can understand comes with sports when people tell each other to fuck off, fuck Netherlands etc it gets to the point it kind of ruins the experience honestly, even the NHL thread for me during the playoffs and times can be really toxic with people posting who are winning, no reason we cant be civil in victory or defeat
2gO3XUH.gif

The Russia thread was far, far worse. This shit is nothing compared to it.

And the Americans weren't even there lol.

Oct 31, 2017
Havent read the thread but lol if people were actually saying those things. Game has been completely 1 sided.

I won't mention or quote them because it'd derail the thread and we're allowed weird takes, lol, but yeah, the notion that a team isn't dominating because they haven't scored is just one sliver of the game. So much happened in the first half; I was excited during the whole thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Yanks are showing in this thread that they are even worse at victory than at defeat. How is that even possible.

Anyway, congratulations. Hope EU step up their game in women's football soon tho, there is so much wasted potential, it just needs to be taken as seriously as men's.
200.gif

The French rioted and burned down Paris after they won the World Cup. We can talk shit on an internet forum.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2gO3XUH.gif

Receipts?