• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyways moving on from the dive stuff. This has been a ok match, little defencive for my liking, but it was obvious Holland would do this due to how good US are.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
I'm not saying it doesn't make you fall, I'm saying it doesn't spend you sprawling. She exaggerated her fall, it's a dive. That's a dive.

I've seen the replay, I've seen the game. I play and watch football every week, I know what a dive looks like.

Have you heard of momentum? It's not a dive if there is contact. She fell at full speed, didn't ask for anything, how do you fall when you get shoved from behind? This is dumb.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people who genuinely believe that wasnt a dive have actually played a sport for more than 1 year when they were in peewee league lmao.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So try and watch it again. You're wrong.

A yellow? Lol that's completely ridiculous.
It would be a yellow due to trying to fake a penalty. The rule specifically states that to discourage flopping like Neymar (or sadly more players in La Liga). It would be a tough yellow in this case though, and only really a case in Premier.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Great work by the Dutch keeper, and they look very dangerous on the counter. Netherlands in a good position if they keep it up.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Last time the Dutch played a physical game against an outmatched opponent?

2010 World Cup final v Spain.

That was quality.

Oct 29, 2017
Have you heard of momentum? It's not a dive if there is contact. She fell at full speed, didn't ask for anything, how do you fall when you get shoved from behind? This is dumb.
Mate. Literally the first words are 'i'm not saying it doesn't make you fall', don't call my argument dumb when you can't comprehend the first 8 words of a relatively small post.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
gud one

Is this a joke? Can we even pretend to watch the game being played and not the one in our heads?
It wouldnt be a yellow in most professional leagues, but Premier has a specific case for this kind of stuff to be tougher and avoid flopping in the penalty area:

The over exageration would have lead to a yellow in Premier but nothing really in La Liga or Bundesliga for instance.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It would be a yellow due to trying to fake a penalty. The rule specifically states that to discourage flopping like Neymar (or sadly more players in La Liga). It would be a tough yellow in this case though, and only really a case in Premier.

Don't think it was blatant enough for a yellow. But it's like watching men's football all over again. With Rapinoe screaming and complaining after that perfect shoulder-to-shoulder defending and Morgan's dive.

Oh well, it has been a very amusing final so far.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldnt be a yellow in most professional leagues, but Premier has a specific case for this kind of stuff to be tougher and avoid flopping in the penalty area:

The over exageration would have lead to a yellow in Premier but nothing really in La Liga or Bundesliga for instance.

That's crazy. There's no way that would have been a penalty. 0 chance.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Prem has the rule but is it ever called? This is just one example but this is clear diving and guess who the penalty was called on:

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017

"didn't ask for anything" but did shout at the referee lmao

won't even go into the "it's not a dive if there is contact" nonsense

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Mate. Literally the first words are 'i'm not saying it doesn't make you fall', don't call my argument dumb when you can't comprehend the first 8 words of a relatively small post.

How do you know she is exaggerating her foul? You're making a guess, the same guess the referee made. If she didn't call it it's not a dive. It's a blatant dive if there is no contact. You can't say it's a dive because you watch other games lol.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it was blatant enough for a yellow. But it's like watching men's football all over again. With Rapinoe screaming and complaining after that perfect shoulder-to-shoulder defending and Morgan's dive.

Oh well, it has been a very amusing final so far.

That's crazy. There's no way that would have been a penalty. 0 chance.

Its not that much about it being blatant (which is the case in La Liga, where a blatant flop should be a yellow according to the rules even if it sadly isnt given too often), it is more about Premier being more stringent on avoiding those situations and any flop / dive in the area would lead to yellow.

Edit: the rule in Premier is supposed to be unfairly tough to discourage that attitude.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
How do you know she is exaggerating her foul? You're making a guess, the same guess the referee made. If she didn't call it it's not a dive. It's a blatant dive if there is no contact. You can't say it's a dive because you watch other games lol.
I mean, yeah, it is a dive. And I'm not guessing, I'm giving my interpretation based on what I've seen.

Why are you even explaining what a blatant dive is? That's got nothing to do with anything.

I don't even know what your last sentence means, did you mis-write it? Or are you saying I can't call it a dive because I watch other games? Because that's not what I was saying, I was using it to ballast that u know a dive when I see one, because I see a lot of them.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its not that much about it being blatant (which is the case in La Liga, where a blatant flop should be a yellow according to the rules even if it sadly isnt given too often), it is more about Premier being more stringent on avoiding those situations and any flop / dive in the area would lead to yellow.

Contact that isn't a foul but is enough to knock a player down can't be exaggerated into a foul with additional flailing.

This is silly. There's absolutely no way that can ever be a penalty. People really, really, really need to watch a replay of this. You're all crazy.