• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Good attempts by Miedema there.

Sedate first 30 mins and wild west action last 15 mins.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
A dive doesn't me you aren't touched, a dive can be exaggerating contact and your reaction to it in order to draw a foul. That's what she did.
She is running with a full head of steam and got shoupder blocked behind unexpectedly, most people fall to the ground and everyone has different degrees of pain tolerance so I won't give her shit for laying on the ground for a few seconds.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Damn what an end to the first half. That was great. Hopefully Netherlands keep playing that aggressive in the second half

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
Lavelle non-call is the only one I have issue. Even the Netherlands players stopped playing because they expected a whistle.

Well, apparently the ref put the whistle to her mouth, which made everyone expect the whistle. But yeah your point stands, looked like a foul. Ref has been uneven, which is annoying.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Decent half. U.S. had some great chances and could be ahead if not for some nice goalkeeping, but the Dutch carry a threat. Poised nicely.

Oct 29, 2017
Watch the replay and think about what happens if you are running forward and someone shoves you.

I don't know what to tell you otherwise.
She is running with a full head of steam and got shoupder blocked behind unexpectedly, most people fall to the ground and everyone has different degrees of pain tolerance so I won't give her shit for laying on the ground for a few seconds.
I'm not saying it doesn't make you fall, I'm saying it doesn't spend you sprawling. She exaggerated her fall, it's a dive. That's a dive.

I've seen the replay, I've seen the game. I play and watch football every week, I know what a dive looks like.

mittelos

Oct 27, 2017
Dutch goalie the difference so far, ref is horrible on both sides, players just gonna have to adjust. The longer it stays even the more pressure mounts for US and confidence grows for Netherlands.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Ah, this may feel like a classic football thread after all

Pages full of dive v no dive lol