• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I feel like all non-Americans in the world will be cheering for the Dutch, which is fine. The US is used to being disliked outside their own nation and they thrive on it

I'm psyched The Netherlands are in. In any other situation I'd be cheering for them like I do when the US is knocked out or doesn't even qualify (looking at you USMNT), I've spent a great deal of time there since the 80s until now and have very close family friends up in Friesland. However, gotta root for my home country in the final.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, either way the USA wouldn't be too troubled, but props the Dutch for 2nd place.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
So happy for we are in the finals.

I just hope this won't be the fourth World Cup final we're losing.....

But maybe the women will break the streak.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope the Swedish player who went out is ok, fuck. :(

Sucks that they couldn't convert on like 13 corner kicks

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding Aslani, could've been a combination of the ball to the face and landing weirdly putting pressure on her neck.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
My plane just landed to see the result, hope NED up their game and give the USA hell of a challenge

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yessss. In the final!!!!!! Pretty amazing.
They might very well play their best match in the final.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
giphy.gif

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Van Veenendaal did great!

Netherlands vs US. Hopefully, we do well!
US is strong.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
If the Netherlands can avoid conceding in the first 12 minutes they have a chance.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
The Netherlands have played consistently poor throughout the tournament. Incredible that they got this far.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the Dutch men are 0-3 in WC finals. Heartbreaking

2010 was the team significantly overachieving beyond anyone's expectation. The loss hurt, but holy shit was that run one of the most incredible sports moment in my life. The take down of Brazil in the quarters is still one of my favourite games ever. I also rewatch the rematch against Spain in 2014 every single year. So good 😂

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The UK pundits think USWNT have won it already. But I'm not so sure, they haven't exactly blown anyone away since they destroyed Thailand and have been helped by some awful defending and some soft penalties. Netherlands are the European Champions and I can see them putting in a solid defensive display to frustrate the USA and then see how it goes from there.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
Well, the performance in the extension is giving me some hope, but it will be a very tough game against the USA. They will probably score early and the rest of the game will be NL playing catch-up. Still, anything can happen!

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The UK pundits think USWNT have won it already. But I'm not so sure, they haven't exactly blown anyone away since they destroyed Thailand and have been helped by some awful defending and some soft penalties. Netherlands are the European Champions and I can see them putting in a solid defensive display to frustrate the USA and then see how it goes from there.

The Netherlands have a day less rest and have played for 30+ mins longer. It's not going to be easy.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The Netherlands have a day less rest and have played for 30+ mins longer. It's not going to be easy.
Yeah, I think our gameplan should just be trying to hold off the Americans for as long as possible to then try to get a goal late in the game. Not being able to score a quick goal might frustrate them as that's nothing something they're used to and they've already looked shake later in their games.