• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Because we pay better. If we had all our baseball, basketball and football all stars play in European sports we'd dominate the world. 🤷‍♂️
Not quite... it's not so much that if Kawhi Leonard, Tom Brady, or the Williams sisters played soccer, we'd dominate, it's that the best US soccer player washed out of football in high school, rode the bench in a low profile mid-major basketball school, or picked up lacrosse because they grew up in Baltimore.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The bar I was at erupted into "ball don't lie" chants after Naeher saved the PK, and that was a pantheon moment of drunk sports watching.
Also, standing room only at noon on a Tuesday, but talk more shit about the US's sports culture.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate how so many who come in here to shit talk also go out of their way to point out it doesn't really count because it's womens sports. Begs the question why you care at all.

Jul 18, 2018
52 Years since England won their last and only WC title.
Every dream team has ended in utter embarrassment.
From the country that created Football.
The fans will forever be bitter w/ salt.
That's why Alex Morgan was offering a cup of tea with sugar to alleviate the fans disappoint once again.
Bunch of haters.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know it was a poor penalty kick, but the US goalie had a fucking HELL of a game and made some amazingly clutch saves.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Now everybody challenging peoples fandom for the actual game of women's soccer. I have season tickets to Orlando pride (and City) and would like to say once again since I'm superstitious but get fuckedddddd England. Back to back let's go.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Congrats US you were to be fair the better team. Just can't afford to be missing penalties in those situations.

I've got to say all the 1776 stuff after the game (mainly on twitter) is really cringy though. Still I hope you win it all. You're clearly the best team in the competition

On another note, as somebody who only really watch's women's football during the WC's the improvement in quality of play from 4 years ago is obvious and great to see. Hopefully, investment will improve and the standards will continue to increase.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Is this discussion still about soccer?
who's that? ;)

Congrats US you were to be fair the better team. Just can't afford to be missing penalties in those situations.

I've got to say all the 1776 stuff after the game (mainly on twitter) is really cringy though. Still I hope you win it all. You're clearly the best team in the competition

On another note, as somebody who only really watch's women's football during the WC's the improvement in quality of play from 4 years ago is obvious and great to see. Hopefully, investment will improve and the standards will continue to increase.
yea it's been improving a lot.
The only downside is a simultaneous increase in diving, and ref whining, but eh.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing about her celebration is it made the toad Piers Morgan's (not related I don't think) head explode on twitter. a 'declaration of war' apparently.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think the reason British fans are so frustrated by the Tea thing and the general American behavior is that it's just not something you do in soccer. Usually you celebrate your win, no need for this petty teasing of the other team. And people who do act petty like a Mourinho or a Suarez are widely hated
And then you add the whole Us vs Europe angle on top and it's going to end in a mess.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
...and the olympics.

You mean the worlds largest multi-sport competition featuring over 40 different sports? That's all America's good at + womens soccer? okay you're right the US is irrelevant internationally in sports

I mean, the Olympics bit should've given it away but I know a lot of Americans take themselves and their sporting prowess very seriously and me, an ignorant Brit, calling them irrelevant was something I couldn't resist.

I apologise for my ignorance in this thread regarding US sports.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I'm seeing English football fans throwing the toys out at a bit of football banter.

Oct 28, 2017
As an Englishman I have no problem with a team celebrating when they win. Go for it. Good bloody luck to ya.

Also as an Englishman I ABSOLUTELY have a problem with phrases like "flop" and "take the L" being used when talking about football. Take those awful sayings and shove them up your fat arses!

Also also, why is Piers Morgan still being given the time of day? Just ignore the little gobshite. He doesn't believe half of the shit he comes out with.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol listing the War of 1812 as a US victory 😆

Just like Vietnam; failed to achieve everything they set out to do, but somehow still a win 🤔

Go away Fox.
Shut up! we did not lose Vietnam, it was a tie!

You know what else was a tie?

xd0Vlqd.jpg

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I mean, the Olympics bit should've given it away but I know a lot of Americans take themselves and their sporting prowess very seriously and me, an ignorant Brit, calling them irrelevant was something I couldn't resist.

I apologise for my ignorance in this thread regarding US sports.

Is it or me, did you just admit to trolling Americans re: sports?

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I think the reason British fans are so frustrated by the Tea thing and the general American behavior is that it's just not something you do in soccer. Usually you celebrate your win, no need for this petty teasing of the other team.

They deserve it after unwarranted hysteria about arrogance. And who cares what you 'just don't do'. I was cheering hard for the brits to win but good on the American players for having a bit of fun with the situation.

kitress

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea the tea thing drives the English football fans up the wall...

It should be the default celebration for every goal against England from here on.