• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Man VAR offside is so strict, we're gonna have so many goals ruled out like this in the future, basically just gotta avoid celebrating, chill and wait for VAR if a 'goal' looks like it might have been offside, but I guess we'll get used to it. Offside is offside.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Man VAR offside is so strict, we're gonna have so many goals ruled out like this in the future, basically just gotta avoid celebrating, chill and wait for VAR if a 'goal' looks like it might have been offside, but I guess we'll get used to it. Offside is offside.
Most leagues that have used it for the past 2 seasons have already adpated to it I guess. they celebrate but wait for the ref's confirmation (or not).

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
D-f0FVuWsAAhIUH.png:large

Harsh but barely offside.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Join the game to see VAR in action lol, also they been denying those slightly offside goals all tourney..

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Most leagues that have used it for the past 2 seasons have already adpated to it I guess. they celebrate but wait for the ref's confirmation (or not).
Yeah I imagine people will adapt, it'll be a lot better if offside VAR Was quicker though so we don't have the agonizing wait for it.

If technology allows then having goal/ no goal appear on a screen a few seconds after play ends would be great.

Jul 18, 2018
I'm American and I wish that shit was Onside. VAR robbing us of exciting matches.
Maybe if FIFA had a competent association they would have used VAR and got standards down ASAP in past 2 years. But no, everyone's greedy. At least VAR has had some consistency in calls in this tournament, this offsides call was right.

In the end, VAR will be great for sport. Just like it is for every other sport in the US at least. But there will always be controversy using replay or using refs, so it all depends on who the winner/loser is for fans to complain

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yeah I imagine people will adapt, it'll be a lot better if offside VAR Was quicker though so we don't have the agonizing wait for it.

If technology allows then having goal/ no goal appear on a screen a few seconds after play ends would be great.
In my experience, this past season it got a looot faster. Two seasons ago it was pretty slow, but these days it takes some 30 seconds for the ref to allow it or to go check the VAR review if need be. Even the recent Nations League was fairly fast (especially compared to the Copa America). This offside call itself was damn fast too, didn't even take a minute I think.

It's usually penalties & red card reviews that take longer these days.