• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I'm rooting for the US in this world cup since Brazil got eliminated, but Blackstenius is one of my favorite players, she's awesome.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Only been 7 tournaments. US- 3, Germany - 2, Norway/Japan -1

If you look at the runner ups and semi finals of WC's... The teams become less surprising

England and the Netherlands would be first-time finalists, Sweden only a second-time finalist. Women's Football is very top-heavy but I still think it's a decent mix.

Basically I'm happy with whoever wins the tournament.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really don't rate Lucy Bronze to the same level the press and pundits are hyping her (well going by the game the other day and her City days). She's good going forward but her tracking back was pretty woeful and Norway had loads of space to play on her side, especially when you consider Paris isn't defensively minded in the slightest. Thankfully Norway had nothing in the final third.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in vacation (bad planning I know) so not able to give this thread the full OP duty at the moment. But fun results today.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Winner of Germany/Sweden will make it to the finals I feel

Those inevitable 1776 references are going to cut deep huh. Also July 2nd is just 2 days before the US celebrates independence from Britain so yeah get prepare for some silly patriotic tea party jokes if the US wins.

Good morning. In less than 3 days probably the White Kits from here will join others from around the California and New York. And you will be launching the greatest 4-2-4 battle in this history of USWNT.

USWNT -- that acronym should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests of a world cup final.

Perhaps its fate that today is 2 days before the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from "it's coming home" chants.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 2th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:
"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we prepare trying to take out the USA in 2023!​

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the inevitable classic Dutch WC choke.

Please don't, I really do feel we have a shot at the title. Need some changes, hope the coach realizes it, but we have the potential to take it home.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Can't wait for the inevitable classic Dutch WC choke.

Please don't, I really do feel we have a shot at the title. Need some changes, hope the coach realizes it, but we have the potential to take it home.
It would be sort of poetic if the Dutch women's team won a WC before the men.

But not this year, because It's Coming Home.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Good morning. In less than 3 days probably the White Kits from here will join others from around the California and New York. And you will be launching the greatest 4-2-4 battle in this history of USWNT.

USWNT -- that acronym should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests of a world cup final.

Perhaps its fate that today is 2 days before the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from "it's coming home" chants.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 2th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:
"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we prepare trying to take out the USA in 2023!​

That's pretty good.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Today's the day and yet, I'll be a sports bar for it so I'm likely not gonna post, also after the game SPIDAMAN

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully England can neutralise the USA, but I'm not betting on it. The US is too good and too talented to not have a contingency plan for anything England can throw at them.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
My work is having another viewing party. Definitely surprised about this one, Friday afternoon is one thing. And the turnout wasn't even that good. Not that I'm complaining, I get to watch on a giant screen and not do work :)

GO USA

Jul 18, 2018
Holy shit really? that's pretty bad tbh.
to the fifa women's tourney starting in 91 i mean, didn't know.
That was for the Cameroon team afaik. Women's running at the Olympics has been an official event since at least 1928.

He's talking about running as in running for competition for soccer/football internationally.

I know there was a FA ban from women being able to play in early 1900's-mid 1900's. Then in 1970's, ban was lifted, Italy creates womens team, Asia has created teams already and holds a cup which lead to Oceanic cup. Then 1980's UEFA molded more international teams in Europe, by end of 1980's you have established womens teams from various countries. Then get closer to 2000's+, you have African teams starting up. The US team i think was created in the 1980's, right in time for the inaugural 1991 Womens World Cup.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
He's talking about running as in running for competition for soccer/football internationally.

I know there was a FA ban from women being able to play in early 1900's-mid 1900's. Then in 1970's, ban was lifted, Italy creates womens team, Asia has created teams already and holds a cup which lead to Oceanic cup. Then 1980's UEFA molded more international teams in Europe, by end of 1980's you have established womens teams from various countries. Then get closer to 2000's+, you have African teams starting up. The US team i think was created in the 1980's, right in time for the inaugural 1991 Womens World Cup.
Oh haha. I got confused because there was an anecdote of an actual ban on running for women in some of the countries participating (though it may have been in the seventies)

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Rapinoe on the bench.

Injured, tired or tactical? Strange one anyway.

The latter two. Rapinoe is not really equipped to track back and cover Lucy Bronze. Jill Ellis is betting that Christen Press is better suited to that task (and she's probably right). And she can always bring Rapinoe on as a terrifying super sub.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow is Rapinoe even playing? Massive either way that she's not starting, U.S. often scores very quickly and she's got their last 4 goals.