• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm still salty about the Netherlands getting this far. The second half against Japan was atrocious, they were absolutely spent. They have no business being in the tournament at this point.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Winner of Germany/Sweden will make it to the finals I feel

If you think this is bad, wait till Tuesday.
Those inevitable 1776 references are going to cut deep huh. Also July 2nd is just 2 days before the US celebrates independence from Britain so yeah get prepare for some silly patriotic tea party jokes if the US wins.

Last edited:

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still salty about the Netherlands getting this far. The second half against Japan was atrocious, they were absolutely spent. They have no business being in the tournament at this point.

Agreed, their victory over Japan was a heartbreaker, especially the way the match went.

tenor.gif

😝

I wasn't happy about the defensive mishaps during that game, however to say that the team has no business being in the tournament at this point is crazy talk. Putting aside the second half to the game that was just played against Italy, it's on Japan to capitalise on their chances. They had every opportunity to win that game and they didn't.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
tenor.gif

😝

I wasn't happy about the defensive mishaps during that game, however to say that the team has no business being in the tournament at this point is crazy talk. Putting aside the second half to the game that was just played against Italy, it's on Japan to capitalise on their chances. They had every opportunity to win that game and they didn't.
hahahah yeah, Japan had some poor aim/bad luck during that match. That's just how the game goes sometimes.

KingFox

May 17, 2018

As if Japan winning in extra time or with penalties was some kind of given. NL already brought in two fresh players in the last couple of minutes and would have gotten an extra one in ET. While things looked dire nothing was decided yet.

Japan just had the one 2-1 victory against Scotland so far - also with one penalty btw - Netherlands has won every game. Getting this far doesn't seem so undeserving to me tbh.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
what horrible defense lol.
they just stood there, as the germany player missed the header.

great first touch from Sweden tho

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I remember people selling the woman's game as tough players who don't dive. This tournament has had a lot of it and they need to fix this shit
It used to be.

This WC has been close to the men's game in terms of the stoppages.
It's more the staying down for forever and hoping for VAR that makes it bad imo.

But that was always going to happen as the game grew tbh.
It's too effective.
games some years ago could go like 10-15 minutes with no stoppage at times. no joke.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
The lines women are not flagging for offside at all, they are waiting for the video ref to call it and then putting their flag up when they get a message in their earpiece.

What's the point of them now?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
This WC has been close to the men's game in terms of the stoppages.

No it has not. Unless you're adding VAR reviews on goals and offsides to those stoppages, these games aren't even in the same galaxy in regards to stoppage based on players flopping from the Men's WC. Neymar alone has more minutes of stoppage than all the minutes spent on players flopping in these games. Come on 😆

Edit: Neymar was clocked at 14 minutes of "injury" time wasting on his own during WC 2018.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
The lines women are not flagging for offside at all, they are waiting for the video ref to call it and then putting their flag up when they get a message in their earpiece.

What's the point of them now?
They've been instructed to do so on offside. They're still able to call attention for free kicks and such. And there was at least one offside call they didn't wait for var refs to call for them

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
only just now reading the thread during the USA France game.

lol wtf, weird thread.

didn't expect people here to take things to an 11 dang

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Having not watched Germany play these games, I was under the impression they were far better than this.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
are yellows not reset?

or only the in semis

edit:
should've shot that first time.
after you took a touch it was too late and a waste.