• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Parris can't take another penalty at this WC.

Absolutely unacceptable to miss two at this level, especially given how hamstrung the keepers are.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm not much of a fan of women's football but I have to say it's been refreshing (other than the Cameroon team) to watch football without players diving around like they've been shot and constantly dissenting the referee.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
We definitely deserved to lose, but I don't think we played a horrible match, actually. A few 100% chances that could've been converted, at least one goal that could've been avoided, but at least we created plenty of chances.

Regardless, this tournament has been a huge success story for Norway! Last Euro: No points, no goals. Then we lost our #1 star player.

Now: We finish in the quarter finals, having tackled really tough opponents on the way, and new stars have started to rise to the occasion. I'm satisfied!

Dufus

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not much of a fan of women's football but I have to say it's been refreshing (other than the Cameroon team) to watch football without players diving around like they've been shot and constantly dissenting the referee.

Yup. Women's football is less skill but vastly more sportsmanship (sportswomanship).

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
A few of these teams would be torn apart if they face teams with any sort of competency in their attacks.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
US plays tomorrow at 3pm EST 12pm PST. Sucks that all but one game has aired on a weekend because all the weekday games are during work so few Americans can watch

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
This World Cup is reminding me of the 2018 Men's WC as one side of the bracket is really packed and the other is a way more manageable. France x USA at quarterfinals is too early.

Still, going to be an amazing game. I'm really hyped.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
USA has never lost before the semi finals, but this is by far the toughest quarter final opponent USA has ever faced given the team and the location of the match being of their opponents. I feel like this will be a 1-1 type game that goes to penalties

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
traveling to Dallas today and i missed the entire game. how the fuck did England get to 3-0, was it just them outclassing what looked like a great leaning Norway?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
My work just sent out an email that they're screening the game today in our big conference room! Was gonna sneak and watch on my phone but now I won't have to pretend to work.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
THE BIGGEST MATCH IN WOMEN'S FOOTBALL HISTORY

HOSTS VS CHAMPIONS

THE MATCH NEITHER CAN AFFORD TO LOSE

A SET-UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT

Yes, it's

azQf4TM.png

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
If America were to lose today would be their worst finish in World Cup History.
1991 1st
1995 3rd
1999 1st
2003 3rd
2007 3rd
2011 2nd
2015 1st

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Streaming the first half at work and then mad dash to pick up the boy from daycare and get to the house to catch what is left of the second half. Should be a great game.

Jul 18, 2018
Been spamming my gal USA memes for the past few days while she is visiting family in France. Don't let me down USWNT!!!!!!!!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this will be a great match for both sides. I am all nerves, though. Not sure what to expect out of either team given their last matches.

Whew. I'ma get in trouble at work for watching, I just know it.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Here's to a thrilling game. The only thing I for sure want to see, is a Megan Rapinoe goal that makes Trumpeeto and his fans cry, after they've already been in tears because she wouldn't sing the US national anthem.

FairEagerAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be a hot match with prediction temperatures reaching around 36c later tonight.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Cheering for France, just to see this thing explode in the host country. It's fun to watch the US team, but hey, they've won enough. Time for a change.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
One of the world's best football players (and gf of Sweden's Magdalena Eriksson), Pernille Harder, got the Danes worried she'd jumped ship, showing up in a Swedish jersey, but no, she's still loyal to the (not qualified for WC but quite strong) danish troop

Shame we didn't get to see her play this ch'ship