• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Suspect to say the least. It's EA so I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt either.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean makes sense. Making off a seperate demo build during these times. New consoles also launching wich need some focus also.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Considering the state that Madden launched in, this is quite concerning

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
been playin' that demo
FIRDfAt.jpg

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
But hey, we deserve $70 too, so that we can continue to bring you the quality you love

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I can understand this. I'm already amazed they can put a full blown title out this year. PES is only doing an upgrade. (Which maybe would've been a better choice, though their shareholders probably disagree)

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Dont touch these current gen versions of the sports games. They are all a mess.

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on how next gen will benefit FIFA 21? I felt like the gameplay differences between the two generations of FIFA 14 were significant when I got hands-on with both.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yearly sports releases are utterly incompatible with the reality of modern game development.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I never trust sport games on the first year of the new consoles releasing. They're always hugely devoid of features.

Obviously due to COVID, I am more understanding, but it's safe to say that this might not be the best game to preorder and maybe wait for reviews.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I still can't believe EA sold FIFA 20 with a new "FIFA Street" mode THAT CAN'T BE PLAYED ONLINE!

Such a shitty publisher.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
FIFA 20 was broken at launch. I would recommend holding off anyway but then you're behind the curve when it comes to Ultimate Team if that's a mode you're interested in. Luckily I am not.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Going by Madden and 2K, you aren't wrong. Watching some vids of 2K and the constant complaining about the shooting made me want no part of that game.
Yuppppp. These games literally were all low effort copy and paste from last years game. Even more egregious this time lol.
Next gen is prob where they put more effort. But I have zero faith lol.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm assuming the EA Play 10 hour trial still exists though?

Yes it will. Also, not that I approve this, but the past few years there has been a glitch to prolong the 10 hour trial on FIFA indefinitely. I'm not sure if EA have fixed it but a lot of people would play 8 hours a day leading up to the launch of the game through this.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
When the game is a copy paste of FIFA 20, should we blame the pandemic too?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Disappointing as I always play their demos to decide whether to purchase the game.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's not their fault. A pandemic happened.

For stuff like this, it comes down to messaging. And EA, FIFA specifically, have not been good at this. To fire off a tweet like this after setting the expectation of a demo because there always has been one, is similar to the Sony PS5/PS4 Miles Morales stuff. It's lying by omission until you're caught basically.

I don't think anyone blames them for delaying the game though, at least I hope people would understand that.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Are you really going down this route?

EA the small indie developer don't have the resources in place to make a demo? Yet they can produce a 10 hour trial and revamped service?

Give me a break dude

Is this a joke post? They have to ship an annual franchise on like 9 different platforms this year which is difficult enough by itself, but they were also set back by COVID-19. That 10 hour trial is not something they have to devote huge resources to, unlike actual demos.

Jesus christ, I get that shitting on EA is the cool thing to do but use your brain here please. These are people making these games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a joke post? They have to ship an annual franchise on like 9 different platforms this year which is difficult enough by itself, but they were also set back by COVID-19. That 10 hour trial is not something they have to devote huge resources to, unlike actual demos.

Jesus christ, I get that shitting on EA is the cool thing to do but use your brain here please. These are people making these games.
🙄

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Sports games are going down the shitter. Madden is a dumspter fire, NBA 2k is a copy paste from last year with a new shot meter. Fifa is generally stagnating as well.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Yes it will. Also, not that I approve this, but the past few years there has been a glitch to prolong the 10 hour trial on FIFA indefinitely. I'm not sure if EA have fixed it but a lot of people would play 8 hours a day leading up to the launch of the game through this.
Ha, that's funny. I've never played a recent FIFA outside of it being in the vault so I wasn't aware of the glitch. Was it only FIFA that had the glitch? I've used the trials on other games but not come across anything like that, not that I was looking for it either though.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Sports games are going down the shitter. Madden is a dumspter fire, NBA 2k is a copy paste from last year with a new shot meter. Fifa is generally stagnating as well.

What are you talking about? I love punting it down the wings, cutting back and shooting near post to score three times a game. Oh and the fact my 99 rated VVD can't even make a tackle without the ball bouncing right back to the player he just tackled.

Ha, that's funny. I've never played a recent FIFA outside of it being in the vault so I wasn't aware of the glitch. Was it only FIFA that had the glitch? I've used the trials on other games but not come across anything like that, not that I was looking for it either though.

I'm not sure to be honest. It required you to do something as the game loaded. I am trying really hard not to buy FIFA 21 for many reasons, mostly because it's such a time sink and I hate myself while I play it haha.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Going? We're like 1.5 gens past that point. Literally all of them are based around an annual slot machine mode. Sports games have to be the hardest for people to move on from too.

pablogers

Oct 27, 2017
will it be another fifa without weather in online games with a friend
It has been so disappointing to play online with plain weather...

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I typically opt for PES over FIFA, but with PES skipping this year I was going to get FIFA for the PS5. They haven't announced a launch window (that I've seen) for the PS5 version yet, and with the slow hints that this game is going to be kind of a letdown, I'm wonderinf if it's even worth it?