• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Wtf was EA thinking with the cover lmao

But glad to see Mbappe getting some love! Dude is amazing! Shame he's staying at PSG, he'd explode into a different level on a better league IMO:

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wtf was EA thinking with the cover lmao

But glad to see Mbappe getting some love! Dude is amazing! Shame he's staying at PSG, he'd explode into a different level on a better league IMO:
He's been exploding at PSG, his goals and assists ratio is insane. He's destined to head to Madrid anyway. My only hope is that he takes the two full years with the bottlers before he goes there as a FA.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
One of the worst covers I've ever seen.

Like something I would've done with clipart in MS paint as a kid

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
He's been exploding at PSG, his goals and assists ratio is insane. He's destined to head to Madrid anyway. My only hope is that he takes the two full years with the bottlers before he goes there as a FA.
I think this will be his last year there. He is still young, but time flies fast for a pro player. If he wants to further improve himself he needs a better league. Germany, England or Spain. That's where he'll be able to truly become as great as he possibly can be.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
These covers are just so bad.

Also surprised Pulisic isn't on the cover for the US honestly.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If it hadn't been cancelled for this year, I'd have said these were all the product of a task in The Apprentice...

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Xbox covers:

tenor.gif

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you get the XB1/PS4 version you can get the XSX/PS5 version for free, offer only available for a year. No idea why it isn't on the PS4 cover as well.
Oh got it. Regarding why its not on PS4 , I think someone said here that Its marketing requirement from Ms to show all the content , like 4k & HDR, just guessing.
But shouldn't they use just smart delivery, rather than a new term. its a little confusing.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved for everyone apart from Felix, who has done nothing to even be in the same company as the others.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh got it. Regarding why its not on PS4 , I think someone said here that Its marketing requirement from Ms to show all the content , like 4k & HDR, just guessing.
But shouldn't they use just smart delivery, rather than a new term. its a little confusing.
They're not using Smart Delivery because it's not Smart Delivery. Smart Delivery also gets you the XB1 version if you buy the XSX version, as far as I know EA's thing is merely an upgrade from current-gen to next-gen. Smart Delivery is also the same SKU where the game detects what Xbox console you're on and then uses the appropriate version, EA's thing does no such thing.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're not using Smart Delivery because it's not Smart Delivery. Smart Delivery also gets you the XB1 version if you buy the XSX version, as far as I know EA's thing is merely an upgrade from current-gen to next-gen. Smart Delivery is also the same SKU where the game detects what Xbox console you're on and then uses the appropriate version, EA's thing does no such thing.
Oh ok got it, thanks for the info, yes than its weird to not show that on Ps4 covers.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't think it's a year, just until January or something.
They extended it until the next release after the backlash: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/fifa-21-dual-entitlement-info-faq
If you purchase FIFA 21 for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you'll be able to upgrade your copy once you have the corresponding next generation console (PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, or Xbox One to Xbox Series X) at no extra cost by downloading it to your console up until the launch of FIFA 22.

Same with Madden, you can now also upgrade the PS4/XB1 version to the PS5/XSX version until Madden 22's release.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox covers actually had me in stitches. Laughed out loud for a good long while. That is... so incredibly bad, wow.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I always buy FIFA digitally, but I'm gonna laugh if that thing will be the cover tile for the game. Like, just put FIFA21 in plain text, I don't care, anything but that.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Marco Asensio got a cover. He's my favorite talent but he's been injured for a while.

I'm in just for the lightning fast loading times this time on PS5.

But really, add the Primera Iberdrola Spanish women's league already. It'll get me to be there day one. I need to be able to play as Real Madrid Femenino offline and online.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the obvious choice in that case was Vinicius again, given that they have the special deal with Real Madrid renewed this season and it has found its place in the starting lineup constantly.

Felix is and will be a huge name going forward though.
What is this Real Madrid deal they have? Is there a high chance they'll include our new women's team in FIFA 21?

Also EA Sports renewed their La Liga license for another 10 years.