• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm assuming this is gonna come to Steam? Haven't picked up FIFA since 17 but tempted again.
I've always bought it on PC which has had it's own share of problems (FUT Market completely out of whack compared to Consoles). I'm hoping that having it on Steam will help a little.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
Wait we haven't seen the next CoD yet? Lmao it will definitely be at the Xbox Showcase and you know what that means.

Modern Warfare multiplayer was revealed on August 1st last year.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Cheerleading marketing deals good grief lol. The console war is in full flow.

As a Liverpool fan I'm happy for Trent but I hope all the praise he's getting doesn't go to his head.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
COD and FIFA marketing deals secured for Xbox, will help close the gap in Europe and USA
What did I miss on CoD? Also, those tags in the OP have PlayStation 4 gameplay, not Xbox One gameplay.
And yeah like someone pointed out, they had both at the start of this gen and it didn't help.
Edit: if you were implying CoD at tomorrow's Xbox showcase, Zhuge already implied that's not happening
Yeh, I wouldn't take what i said as a bad thing. Basically that if you want to see what XGS is working on you'll get a larger focus on that here. Rather than say the latest COD or Elden Ring trailer.

Some of the IP to be shown by XGS has either already been announced (for example Halo / Everwild) or is a sequel, or is based on existing Xbox franchise IP (for example [REDACTED])

Last edited:

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
COD and FIFA marketing deals secured for Xbox, will help close the gap in Europe and USA
people tend to forget that Fifa is tied to PlayStation. Playstation is the main sponsor of the champions league. no exclusive deal can beat that.

6fx6ZXWh.jpg

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
In the code posted in the OP mentions PS4 gameplay, if marketing rights were with Xbox we wouldn't see PS4 gameplay.

Oct 28, 2019
people tend to forget that Fifa is tied to PlayStation. Playstation is the main sponsor of the champions league. no exclusive deal can beat that.

6fx6ZXWh.jpg

I agree FIFA the game is pretty much tied to PlayStation at this point, but

a) Champions League is a competition by UEFA, not FIFA

b) PlayStation is one of the main sponsors, not the main sponsor

Aug 23, 2018
I really don't think it will. Microsoft started this gen with the marketing deals for FIFA and it didn't really do anything at all. They even have exclusive ultimate team players. It seems like a bit of a waste to pay for FIFA marketing.

That was then (Xbox One was $100 more and had an awful PR stint), but now things don't quite look so bad with rumored Lockhart, dropping online paywall, and GamePass.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I get Joao Felix being in the cover, he records himself spending thousands on FIFA 20 Ultimate Team.
Hes still the third most expensive player of all time. He is 20, they are clearly going for the younger players in the hope that they will be more prominent this year, although i guess he is the odd one out in that the rest are clearly already established as successful players for their current clubs.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played a recent FIFA in years, doubt I missed much except the squad changes. We just pop in one of the old ones.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
If I don't know football, those covers make him like somekind of legend or something. I mean he's good, but lol this is laughable...

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Sony has the marketing deal after all?

Box covers are horrendous imo

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All hail to the French King!

i really like the standard and champions edition personally.

It doesn't matter. Football games are synonymous to PlayStation and PlayStation is synonymous to football games. Been this way for decades and likely won't change for awhile.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I kinda like the "localized cover athlete" approach.
Used to be standard back in the days.

Haaland = Germany (BVB) & Scandinavia
Trent = UK, Irleand etc.
Felix = Portugal, Spain
Mbappe = "Rest of the World" because World Cup winner, global mega star