• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Already regretting buying this piece of shit on the black friday sale. Gameplay and AI is still laughable.

Played the intro game and another one. In both, the computer equalized due to a horrible mistake by the keeper.
Defender are still stupid as fuck and feels like pace is still king with the same kind of set pieces being the way to success.

Also nice how the game is bombarding me with messages about stuff but when I actually get to do something like a penalty there is no info at all how it works.
Fortunately, the computer was even worse than me at penalties.

I bought it week 1, never played it again.

I played vs Legendary squad battles and 9 games AI was on the same level, give or take. The 10th match, suddenly I got hit with scripting badly, opponent scoring ridiculous goals, my players walking in slo mo as if they're walking through mud, players turning in slo mo, passes releasing a second after you pressed the button, opponent AI saving every one of your attempts some ridiculous stuff.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this is a dumb question but I can't find an explicit answer - do I have to insert my PS4 disc into my PS5 and install that version BEFORE I can download the PS5 version? I've installed and played the game on my PS4 but I don't see any option to download the PS5 version.

If that is the case, can I (and if so how do I) delete the PS4 version off my PS5 afterwards?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this is a dumb question but I can't find an explicit answer - do I have to insert my PS4 disc into my PS5 and install that version BEFORE I can download the PS5 version? I've installed and played the game on my PS4 but I don't see any option to download the PS5 version.

If that is the case, can I (and if so how do I) delete the PS4 version off my PS5 afterwards?

You just hit options on the PS4 and click delete. However, everything you put the disc in, it will begin installing the PS4 version anyway...

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
The adaptive triggers in this are so bad. Like, holy crap. Having it tied to player fatigue would be bad enough in a game where you are constantly switching players, but it seems to also be tied to how easily a player can start sprinting. Controlling a pass on your chest puts them at full resistance, then when the ball drops to the ground it's at zero, because off you go. Passing the ball around or defending, where you're instantly switching between players that are in different tiredness and "sprint-ready" states just has the triggers turning on and off resistance all the time, which both feels bad and sounds awful as the motors are constantly clicking on and off. Your brain often doesn't even have the time to process why your fingers are getting sudden spikes in resistance and it ultimately ends up feeling just random.

It's dire.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
The adaptive triggers in this are so bad. Like, holy crap. Having it tied to player fatigue would be bad enough in a game where you are constantly switching players, but it seems to also be tied to how easily a player can start sprinting. Controlling a pass on your chest puts them at full resistance, then when the ball drops to the ground it's at zero, because off you go. Passing the ball around or defending, where you're instantly switching between players that are in different tiredness and "sprint-ready" states just has the triggers turning on and off resistance all the time, which both feels bad and sounds awful as the motors are constantly clicking on and off. Your brain often doesn't even have the time to process why your fingers are getting sudden spikes in resistance and it ultimately ends up feeling just random.

It's dire.
Can it be turned off?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Pro clubs (on ps5) felt pretty similar to me. Look I get it/just a shame it wasn't flagged earlier and that now the squad is fragmented.

Unfortunately that will be a thing as companies try to optimise and distinguish their next-gen games more compared to their respective current-gen versions.

Not ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to keep seeing this for a while. Obviously a bigger problem in MP rather than SP, but hopefully something that will resolve itself in a few years.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
You can't turn it off in game without losing the (excellent) haptics so if you still want those you have to go out to the OS and disable the triggers entirely for all games
I use R1 for sprint and it bypasses your concerns while keeping haptics. I use R1 because I'm used to it not because of the adaptive triggers.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I am having trouble with the upgrade on Xbox.

For the people that has it, do you guys see an option here beside the trial?

Buy FIFA 21 Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

FIFA 21 on Xbox Series X|S adds features that let you feel the emotion of the World’s Game like never before.

I also went to my Full Library on Xbox and don't see 2 tiles for each version like I have for Call of Duty. If I got the the store I see I can get a free trial of the Series X|S version.

My copy of Fifa21 was a gifted code, so not sure if it has anything to do with my trouble.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
The controller pressure with the triggers is one of the worst implementations of "technology" I've ever seen. It is utterly dreadful.

The trigger resistances are completely random and don't reflect stamina whatsoever. Sometimes they resist, sometimes they don't. Do yourself a favour and turn it off or you're just completely disadvantaging yourself.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Adaptive triggers are definitely awful here. Turned them off after four games. Also, what's with the lag in offline games? I never had this on my base PS4, but now almost every time the keeper saves a shot it lags.

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
When playing couch co-op me an my son experience constant micro stuttering every 10-20 seconds on PS5 .... anyone else?

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I just got finished with the trial and enjoyed it, but not enough to purchase, so will wait for it to hit the vault proper. I do like the new camera angle, it's really great having a large view, really helps when playing against teams who press high as it's easier to see where they've left gaps and hit them on the counter. They seem to have fixed the fixture scheduling in career mode, so no more unrealistic short gaps between games. Training is a bit better than before, as you can now train more players at a time. However, I want to train all my players on the same day, plus not be punished for simulating the sessions, as it caps at D grade and won't give you a lot of match sharpness.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion this is a bigger leap than NBA 2K with their so called next gen version and it was free (while having the PS4 version on promo) unlike the other game where they ask 69$ of your money.

Oct 27, 2017
I am having trouble with the upgrade on Xbox.

For the people that has it, do you guys see an option here beside the trial?

Buy FIFA 21 Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

FIFA 21 on Xbox Series X|S adds features that let you feel the emotion of the World’s Game like never before.

I also went to my Full Library on Xbox and don't see 2 tiles for each version like I have for Call of Duty. If I got the the store I see I can get a free trial of the Series X|S version.

My copy of Fifa21 was a gifted code, so not sure if it has anything to do with my trouble.

I think I'm having the same issue. Annoying.

Oct 28, 2017
I just got finished with the trial and enjoyed it, but not enough to purchase, so will wait for it to hit the vault proper. I do like the new camera angle, it's really great having a large view, really helps when playing against teams who press high as it's easier to see where they've left gaps and hit them on the counter. They seem to have fixed the fixture scheduling in career mode, so no more unrealistic short gaps between games. Training is a bit better than before, as you can now train more players at a time. However, I want to train all my players on the same day, plus not be punished for simulating the sessions, as it caps at D grade and won't give you a lot of match sharpness.

If you play the training games once and get as high as you can, the next time you sim them it will give your highest grade achieved.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017

Look what they did to my boy :(

Isn't he just doing this face?
Not a great model either way.

0_Greenwood.jpg

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
And with that, I've deleted FIFA 21. I don't care how fast it loads (it hilariously loads fast enough I can't even tell the team I'm playing), when every trihard asshole is one depth dropback counterattacking BS and has 25% possession and just punts the ball to Mbappe. It's simply not fun and is irritating as fuck and EA does nothing to deal with it.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017

It's dire.
Thank God it's not just me hearing the motors click on and off every time you change players, I thought I was going insane.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Physical FIFA 21 is on sale at Best Buys for $25. But only for today.

I'm going to get it, only because I haven't bought a soccer game in a while. Since Fifa 14 on PS4.

WISH THEY WOULD REMASTER/Bring back this vibe..this gameplay! I hated World Cup 2014 version.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

I'm going to get it, only because I haven't bought a soccer game in a while. Since Fifa 14 on PS4.

WISH THEY WOULD REMASTER/Bring back this vibe..this gameplay! I hated World Cup 2014 version.

Wow this brings back memories, the 2010 World Cup in general will be one of the memories I cherish the most in my life and I'm not even soccer fan. 2010 was a year where alot of great things happened in my life.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I know it's a ridiculous request especially since how EA has treated the Switch, but all this talk of haptics really makes me wish they would have included HD Rumble support for passes, shots etc.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Any footage of night time rain games
I tried a night match with rain. There was no visible rain., only raindrops on the camera in certain shots. What a letdown.

The only thing I am impressed with is the character models of the updated players. They look really good. But switching to Ajax and half of the team was just Generic faces...

Gameplay was not my thing either. There is hardly any reward for building up your play slowly. Almost none of the players make Runs, they just stand there.

I saw someone posting about Worldcup 2010. That Worldcup 2010 game was amazing!

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
My thoughts;

- This is the first game that i had to disable triggers. Implementation is really bad and very unfinished. Your triggers will turn on and off constantly during attack or defend and it will stay on when in defense at the last 30 minutes because reasons?
- Loading speeds are awesome. It's literally non-existent if you play single-player.
- Only noticable graphic improvements are pitch details and stadium lighting which is not that different. Close-up faces are very good but it only can be seen in instant replay.
- Replay angles, substitution cut-scenes and etc. are all the same and it makes the game very not next-gen. They need to change everything from a presentation wise if they want to keep Fifa fresh.
- Game is not that much different. Keepers now "sometimes" can save a shot. Mostly they are still non-existent.

And lastly 3-4-3 Dortmund is hell of a team.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017

WC2010 is Probably the best FIFA ever made. Easily in top for me.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017

Yes! World Cup 2010 was a fantastic game.

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand

It's dire.

totally agree ... its horrible. from what ive played of madden so far its WAY better in that game, in fact i like it and prefer it on. but fifa is terrible, and not being able to turn it off with out loosing haptics just underlines how poorly thought out its use is. switch it off at the OS before playing fifa

Oct 29, 2017

I was just talking to some friends a few days ago about my love for FIFA World Cup 2010. I couldn't believe the amount of teams and rounds in it, always used to pick teams like Belize and see how well I could do.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That hair is fucking incredible. Genuinely never thought I'd see that type of hair in a video game anytime soon

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
It is easier to score than before or what? Every FUT game ends in 9-8, 7-5, 7-7 etc. It's ridiculous