• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Can someone tell me how to turn off the PS4 version downloading every time I turn my PS4 on?

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
Still downloading...
the trigger in nba2k felt terrible to and I have to disable but it's tied with the haptics to...
good to know that there's a option to disable in the system.
I will do this...
i don't know but the triggers implementation in games by now doenst look good like the haptics in my opinion...
haptics is fantastic but the trigger seems more annoying than immersive by now...

i love it in spiderman, and astro, and imagine its great in driving games, but sports ... it needs to be subtle like spiderman

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Man i wish they announced this free upgrade earlier before Black Friday... would of made more sales no ? I didn't buy it because the series x version wasn't on sale.
It was on sale(the last gen version) for $27

Can I delete the last gen version on my XSX now that I have the next gen version?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
The game feels much much different perhaps it's because it's behind on patches, I don't know. But Promes scores everything.

It was on sale(the last gen version) for $27

Can I delete the last gen version on my XSX now that I have the next gen version?

If you're convinced you'll be able to get games since it's not crossplay.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
The game feels much much different perhaps it's because it's behind on patches, I don't know. But Promes scores everything.

If you're convinced you'll be able to get games since it's not crossplay.

Thanks. I also noticed that my Ultimate Team is linked to both games.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already regretting buying this piece of shit on the black friday sale. Gameplay and AI is still laughable.

Played the intro game and another one. In both, the computer equalized due to a horrible mistake by the keeper.
Defender are still stupid as fuck and feels like pace is still king with the same kind of set pieces being the way to success.

Also nice how the game is bombarding me with messages about stuff but when I actually get to do something like a penalty there is no info at all how it works.
Fortunately, the computer was even worse than me at penalties.

Magicgamer

Oct 28, 2017
Played a couple of games on ultimate team. It's the same old crap from EA, they make changes just for the sake of it but really there's no improvements to the game. And the adaptive triggers towards the end of the matches is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter what version of Fifa it is, I can leave the game for ages, come back and pick it up with no problems. I actually want to learn some new mechanics.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of games on ultimate team. It's the same old crap from EA, they make changes just for the sake of it but really there's no improvements to the game. And the adaptive triggers towards the end of the matches is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter what version of Fifa it is, I can leave the game for ages, come back and pick it up with no problems. I actually want to learn some new mechanics.

Yes, the adaptive triggers were a reason for me to buy the game (new console features and graphics) but they have really overdone it.
Way too much and my finger was already tired after 2 games.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Having played over 1000 hours of FIFA 20, I can immediately notice the difference. It looks a lot crisper and most of the popular players look very detailed. The game looks great. You don't notice it too much during the regular play, but whenever a replay comes up, it's easy to notice. Animations also feel ever so slightly improved, makes for a slightly different gameplay feeling. I have to be honest, this exceeded my expectations, only because this is EA we are talking about. I expected them to do the bare minimum and at the earliest make FIFA 22 have these graphics. So props to them. But yeah, with AI still having lots of room for improvement and servers still being horrendous in FUT most of the time, some nice eye candy can only do so much.

Edit: Also while I'm a huge fan of the Dualsense, the adaptive triggers don't do anything for me. It's a nice concept in theory, but having to fight the controller towards the end of every match with fatigue setting in is not something I want to do in competitive online games.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the graphical improvements, especially in actual gameplay, are minor and about what I expected from EA (ie no stand out tech, lighting, shader and model improvements, instead it's negligible differences).

Yes, things are a bit cleaner than vs the Pro, lighting is a tad more realistic, but there's very little in it. The most notable graphical difference is the hair, which you barely notice in actual gameplay.

I'd say the best element of the upgrade is the use of adaptive triggers, but other than that I find this next-gen upgrade from a technical perspective really disappointing.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Don't we have an OT for this game? I dunno if my career mode is fucked, I can't increase my players OVR rating. He got to 91.5 and now been stuck for nearly a year. I'd been training every available slot with hard modes all A ratings. Bagging plenty of goals per game and getting 10 ratings. Is this a known glitch?

Oct 28, 2017
Just played a few games. Decent upgrade overall but nothing spectacular. New camera is alright but I won't be using it online. Turned off the trigger resistance as others suggested, does not improve the game at all.

Sykra

Oct 28, 2017
I can't seem to be able to download the ps5 version, I got the disk inside, I can see the nxt lvl version on the store but it only offers it with payment.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I can get this for 50% off at the moment and I'm really considering it. I'm not a big sports game player at all but it just looks really great. Feels like one of the few examples so far that shows what's possible beyond higher resolution, frame rate, and raytracing.

Oct 27, 2017
Digital owner of FIFA 21 with a Series X.

Still can't download the actual game on Xbox, only the trial.

In the store on the console it says "cannot be purchased separately" and on the webstore it prompts me to "redeem code" where the purchase option should be.

Hopefully this gets fixed later.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Digital owner of FIFA 21 with a Series X.

Still can't download the actual game on Xbox, only the trial.

In the store on the console it says "cannot be purchased separately" and on the webstore it prompts me to "redeem code" where the purchase option should be.

Hopefully this gets fixed later.
I am having the same issue. I am a bit confused how others managed to get the upgrade.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Graphics are nice.

Not played FIFA in about 7 years (I'm an eFootball Pro Evolution guy myself) but holy shit what godawful things have they done to defending. It's like they've combined inept controls with atrocious AI. My centre backs just stand there if someone is running at them and they're not being controlled. Similarly the defenders abilities just don't seem to match the level of control an attacker has. It's chaos.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first fifa I've put more than an hour playing since like fifa 13. My buddy and I played coop ultimate team for like 4 hours straight and lost every match until the last one. Felt so fucking good catching a W.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Graphics are nice.

Not played FIFA in about 7 years (I'm an eFootball Pro Evolution guy myself) but holy shit what godawful things have they done to defending. It's like they've combined inept controls with atrocious AI. My centre backs just stand there if someone is running at them and they're not being controlled. Similarly the defenders abilities just don't seem to match the level of control an attacker has. It's chaos.

It's called tactical defending .if you play offline you can turn it off.

It's not God awful. You have to defend yourself instead of holding a button and letting the AI doing everything .

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This is the first fifa I've put more than an hour playing since like fifa 13. My buddy and I played coop ultimate team for like 4 hours straight and lost every match until the last one. Felt so fucking good catching a W.
How is coop in ut? Its a mix of each user players or you iust play with one user team?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
It's called tactical defending .if you play offline you can turn it off.

It's not God awful. You have to defend yourself instead of holding a button and letting the AI doing everything .
I tried doing the defending Skills tests last night, and by the end of it I was improving. I'm interested from those who've played with it extensively if it's something that gets easier over time and actually increases the skill ceiling, or if it's always a little bit janky? It just feels like the attacker always has the advantage on getting a shot away.

Also, two things, what's the best usage of the A button, and is there a way to make a second defender press?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest disappointment is that the normal gameplay view on the pitch still looks quite... drab? for the lack of a better word? The game looks great in cut-scenes and replays but the lighting feels very flat otherwise.

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding haptics on PS5: Does anyone else DualSense makes a slight mechanical "click" sound from time to time when playing? I have two controllers, BOTH only produce this sound in FIFA..is it intentionally...what litterally triggers it then?

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm disappointed that they didn't add 120fps support, that should be fairly easy with rendering as basic as FIFA during gameplay. Replays can be 60, fine, but the gameplay should have no trouble rendering at 120.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Regarding haptics on PS5: Does anyone else DualSense makes a slight mechanical "click" sound from time to time when playing? I have two controllers, BOTH only produce this sound in FIFA..is it intentionally...what litterally triggers it then?
It's the adaptive triggers. It's only really noticeable in FIFA because of how often it changes.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tried doing the defending Skills tests last night, and by the end of it I was improving. I'm interested from those who've played with it extensively if it's something that gets easier over time and actually increases the skill ceiling, or if it's always a little bit janky? It just feels like the attacker always has the advantage on getting a shot away.

Also, two things, what's the best usage of the A button, and is there a way to make a second defender press?
If you learn it it will be much better to defend but it takes skill.

Don't rush into the attack. Stay back and defend the open spaces. It's much more realistic .

Go into the control setting . You can call a second defender .

My controls are call second defender on circle. Tackle/press on x. The other defending option , don't know what it's called is on R1.

Last edited:

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
I don't understand why the hair physics are only applied to select players. Why not make every hair type react to the hair physics? So jarring and extremely disappointing.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't understand why the hair physics are only applied to select players. Why not make every hair type react to the hair physics? So jarring and extremely disappointing.

That's EA for you. Considering how much of a monopoly they have on sports titles they are pretty poor when keeping things up to date.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Gave it another shot last night and it definitely looks like anything but proper football - it's ridiculous. For the first time in a decade, I agree with the usual crowd claiming this is just bad.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Update is nice but the lack of cross play sucks. A group of friends and I play pro clubs and we don't have any of our data on the ps5 version. We were in division 1 and we can't even pick it up on the ps5 version. Pretty disappointing.

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
That's EA for you. Considering how much of a monopoly they have on sports titles they are pretty poor when keeping things up to date.

It is honestly setting false expectations. Unless you're a fan of the 'core' licenced teams like Liverpool / Barca etc. you're out of luck. I understand they have big fanbases, it's just a little misleading. I say 'core' because as an AC Milan fan I was excited for this year's FIFA because they announced a licenced deal, yet that wasn't enough for them to be given the same treatment as others. I should have expected this to be honest!

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

Because it's a lot of work?

I work for a different company that makes sports games and am involved in our process for making heads. We don't have EA's budget but we have the same problem and utilise the same solution. With our most recent release we have three types of head - generic heads for lesser known players that are generated semi procedurally, old 'star' heads that were built to fit a specification from several years ago, and new 'star' heads that are built to fit this year's new technology.

In the end all I'd remind everyone of is that recreating a real person's head to that fidelity is not an easy process. Most games craft a handful of characters that look great, but sports games have to handle hundreds at least. Not only that but recreating a real person is generally more challenging than a created one because people know what they look like and you can't design them to be easy to render well either.

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
It's not necessarily the player likeness of the face that irks me, I can understand that will need work. However when you have 50 odd generic hairstyles that can be updated it just comes across as lazy when you only apply the detail to a handful and market it as a step change between generations. It is clear to me that this was a small job to get it in time for launch of the new systems which I appreciate. I really hope they put in abit more work on these models overall for FIFA 22.