• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wait. You can have both versions on, and pick the one you want? That's awesome.
Yes, that's how the PS5 system works. You have to click on the three dots on the game tile (or press Options works as well, I think) and hit "Game version", it will let you choose between the PS4 or PS5 one.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Some screens taken by this guy here on Twitter

EoSost_WEAIKWdP

EoSSJEtXEAAHfye
EoRv4oZW4AEANE6

New hair rendering system:

Beard looks kinda "fuzzy" there, almost like a soft fluffy towel or something.

Also, and this is 100% a personal taste kinda thing, the hair looking *too* on-point for a sports players looks odd. Sure the ones with (especially) short hair usually look the same all year, but Messi's glorious hair rarely (if ever) looks like that during a match lmao

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Guys, I have just to put the disc into PS5 right? I bought a PS4 version and it will arrive tomorrow

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Am I correct in that I can pay for one month of EA Access and get 10 hours of PS5 FIFA 21?

That might very much be all I need so I'm very interested...

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a big Fifa fan back in the day.
Played with my brothers since genesis.
Last one I played proper was 15.
But graphically this is pretty astonishing.

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a big Fifa fan back in the day.
Played with my brothers since genesis.
Last one I played proper was 15.
But graphically this is pretty astonishing.

Yeah, I bought every FIFA from 1996 until 2018. Taken a couple of years off but next gen was always going to be a temptation to jump back in.

The career mode is meant to be better this year as well, isn't it? I'm not looking for FM detail but "better" is fine.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't liked FIFA for years but this looks so good. Very tempted to pick up the PS4 version and upgrade.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
How do you upgrade if you have a physical copy? Can't see the option anywhere

Oct 27, 2017
Trial doesn't work fully on the Series X. I can play the intro match but after that it says EA account disabled and cannot verify EA Play subscription. I know the EA account disabled isn't true because I can login to the account and play other games linked to the same account. And it wouldn't have let me play the intro match if I didn't have an EA Play subscription. So not sure what's going on.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Just played it. Looks fine. From a distance playing a match i dont see much difference compared to a One X version tho.

May 24, 2019
Is there any way to get the trial from the Xbox itself? I've clicked through to install from the website, but nothing's happening on my machine.

edit: Found it. You have to scroll down in the store page to where it describes the content of the bundle and specifically click on the S/X version.

Last edited:

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
The triggers ready do make things hard work when players get tired...

I'm still waiting for the rest of the game to download, only got to play vs cpu in a one off. Is that default cam new? Pretty dam hard to play in that view when around goal

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
Looks way crisper on PS5. However, whilst I love haptics and adaptive triggers normally, this just gets in the way of the game too much. I've turned them off.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
No chance of this coming to PC at all?

EA largely doesn't care about the PC version. There are rampant hackers in the Online Draft and Weekend League modes of Ultimate Team and they haven't done anything sadly. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't heard anything.

That goes for the Switch Version too only a bit worse.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Trial doesn't work fully on the Series X. I can play the intro match but after that it says EA account disabled and cannot verify EA Play subscription. I know the EA account disabled isn't true because I can login to the account and play other games linked to the same account. And it wouldn't have let me play the intro match if I didn't have an EA Play subscription. So not sure what's going on.
Worked fine for me, bit odd.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
This shot here looks crazy good..

Unbelievable for a FIFA game. Of course we always got enhancements with a new generation, but I legitimately feel this is the first time a FIFA looks awesome.
No chance of this coming to PC at all?
No. Their explanation is this:

Executive producer Aaron McHardy said EA took the decision to keep the PC minimum specs down, "so that we can open the doors and be inclusive to everybody who wants to play FIFA."
www.eurogamer.net

EA says FIFA 21 on PC won't get the PS5 and Xbox Series X features to keep the minimum specs down

FIFA 21 on PC will not get the next-gen features coming to the game on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S in order t…

Trickytoon

Jan 14, 2018
If you are struggling to find it on the UK PS Store or are getting messages stating that you don't own the game keep trying - I had a bunch of errors before it finally gave me the relevant options and downloaded the PS5 version. Probably high demand.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
looks awesome. they really dropped the ball not doing crossplay and in a lesser way crossgen. maybe if its really slower gameplay both version (old gen and nextgen) are really not compatible.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeh the triggers are rather extream, I mean it gets u to max resistance towards ends of a half and makes play almost impossible for me.. hopefully there is a setting to ratchet it down a bit, yikes

Yeah, there's no subtlety. I thought it would be based in the players stamina, but it's just the time left in the match.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
looks awesome. they really dropped the ball not doing crossplay and in a lesser way crossgen. maybe if its really slower gameplay both version (old gen and nextgen) are really not compatible.
Yes, I think this is the case and I think this could be the reason this update doesn't release on PC. With other cross gen games like CoD, you get exactly the same gameplay as you get on poor jaguars. Thus the game can scale really well. But FIFA is arguably a bigger upgrade, due to gameplay changes that may or may not need a better CPU.