• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I was posting about it in the PS5 thread - some very clean visuals, and some great haptic feedback with the controller. Subtle shakes on jostling, powered strikes controller vibration, great rhythmic passing beats - feels so good on the controller. But some really strange performance hiccups on player collisions, like frame spikes when it buckles. Looks amazing, needs patching to get that smooth performance ironed out.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was posting about it in the PS5 thread - some very clean visuals, and some great haptic feedback with the controller. Subtle shakes on jostling, powered strikes controller vibration, great rhythmic passing beats - feels so good on the controller. But some really strange performance hiccups on player collisions, like frame spikes when it buckles. Looks amazing, needs patching to get that smooth performance ironed out.

Some screenshots ? If you can

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, they have a system for people who bought discs but didn't get a disc drive in their system, something I didn't think any publisher would do

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone can record a match in 4K/60 using PS5 capture (which is really great) and post it on YouTube that would be awesome.

Tribal24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, no loading at all on the PS5, I hit play match and went straight into the game, you can skip introductions.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is direct capture from the PS5.

4K HDR (but only 1080p so far because it was uploaded 40mins ago?)

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
The Series X/S version also now has a 10 hour EA Play/Game Pass Ultimate trial.

Buy FIFA 21 Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

FIFA 21 on Xbox Series X|S adds features that let you feel the emotion of the World’s Game like never before.
This isn't showing as an Install Option on the website. The trial is appearing despite me owning the digital version of the Xbox One game.

When I attempt to play the game, it says Do you own this game or App? I wonder if they haven't updated this for the dual entitlement non-Champion edition codes.

Random_Guy

Nov 1, 2017
How does the ps5 upgrade work?

If I own ps4 digital version and don't have it installed on ps5, do I download the ps4 version and then upgrade to ps4 or is there anyway I can download just the ps4 version? From looking at the store, it looks like I can only download ps4

Tribal24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If I own ps4 digital version and don't have it installed on ps5, do I download the ps4 version and then upgrade to ps4 or is there anyway I can download just the ps4 version? From looking at the store, it looks like I can only download ps4

You can find it on the store. If you check the ps4 game page on the store you will see it on the right hand side a icon that says PS5 upgrade as well.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Personally? I'd keep both, you can't play against ps4 players afaik on ps5. On the app I had the choice to choose which version to download as long as I linked my Ps5.

Uncle00Jesse

Nov 1, 2017
Just bought it on disc in preparation (ps4), when I pop it into the PS5 will it download the new version automatically?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I have a full ps5 game uploading now, but it's gonna take a bit. Prolly another hour before it is done, and then who knows how long till the 4k is processed. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
This is pretty good, feels better paced, the graphics are great, lighting i think has made the biggest leap, players look great up close too, you can see muscles flexing, veins on players necks show when they scream for example, pretty good upgrade IMO

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! It's 12:30am here tho and I have to work early tomorrow. Can't wait to try this. So glad I got the PS4 disc version from Amazon for $27 a few days ago.

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Some screens taken by this guy here on Twitter

EoSost_WEAIKWdP

EoSSJEtXEAAHfye
EoRv4oZW4AEANE6

New hair rendering system:

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Crossplay /- progression between PS5 and PS4?

VOLTA and UT progress carry on. And there's no cross-play between any platform.

All progress you make or content you acquire within FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, including players, items, coins, FIFA Points, match record and leaderboard placement, as well as all progression in Volta (the FIFA Street-style mode) will transfer from PS4 to PS5 and back, or from Xbox One to Xbox Series X and back.

But, progress within all other modes, including Online Seasons, Co-Op Seasons, Career Mode, and Pro Clubs, is specific to the console you are playing on and won't transfer between consoles.

www.eurogamer.net

EA offers explanation for why not all your FIFA 21 progress transfers from current-gen to next-gen

EA has offered an explanation for why not all your FIFA 21 progress transfers from current-gen to next gen.EA is using …

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unable to download this on PS5.

In fact, there are now two different Beckham editions on the Store? I have one, I don't have the other. At any case, it doesn't seem to have the PS5 version anywhere?

ILPUMAGUERRIERO

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I'm not a Fifa fan (I haven't really played any football game since the PS3 days because I got bored of them) and this has sparked the interest back. I'll give it a go with the GamePass trial.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So can I delete the old version? I thought the game would just update its all a bit odd.

Oct 29, 2017
Nope, can't see any tile or option to download the PS5 version here.

Edit: I've deleted the PS4 version and looked to see if I can find it that way but no joy. In fact I preordered FIFA so it was before this Beckham edition and it seems to think I don't own the name, almost like the Beckham edition is a totally separate product.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Just played the intro game. French commentators are still abysmal and embarrassing.

Otherwise it's very much FIFA. I was hoping for a more drastic upgrade, as FIFA 14 PS4 was quite an improvement over the previous gen version. It doesn't seem to match that at all.
Dualsense features seem cool though.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Man, such a real shame there's no cross gen play. So if I do the upgrade to the PS5 version , I can't play with my guys who own it on PS4?