• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-duty-as-europes-highest-selling-game-in-2018

FIFA 19 was the best selling game in Europe in 2018, according to data from Gfk Entertainment

The data was gathered by Gfk from 15 European countries, and EA Sports' popular football franchise was the highest seller despite only launching on September 28, 2018.

The second best selling game was Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption 2, which earned $725 million in revenuefollowing its October 28 launch. After little more than a week, global shipments of the Take-Two published title had reached 17 million units.

Europe was evidently a key market for Red Dead Redemption 2, enough to leave Rockstar's game one place ahead of Activision Blizzard's Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (which launch on October 12) at the end of the year.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Farming Simulator 19 on PC was #39 and came out at the end of November. Impressive.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
FIFA 20 will be best selling game in 2019 in Europe, FIFA 21 will be best selling game in 2020 in Europe and it will go on.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
FUTBOL

Fifas great, no surprise it sells as much as it does

Just wish ultimate team wasnt as bad as it was with getting good players

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yes but how much did they make from FUT?

That's the only number EA cares about

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Man... this makes me sad. Not only it's almost a monopoly, not only it barely changes each year, not only it's becoming a money endless pit, and not only it's not creative in any way... sometimes I feel people play nothing else.

Here in Brazil most people buy fifa-machines, not consoles.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised, but you have to remember GTAV has been going strong for about 6 years now. I can see RDR2 being in the top selling games for the next few years.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I bet it's the same in South America, sadly no numbers to corroborate that. On PS4, at least it seems everybody is playing the latest FIFA or Fortnite and the occasional big AAA release that gets all the attention.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
M E T A

Europeans sure love FIFA.
I wonder what FIFA's LTV is. UT certainly makes a shitload of money but they also have a huge playerbase.

Almost all the casuals who I know that buy fifa games all the years have never touched ultimate mode, mostly because they find the idea of wasting money to play the game stupid.