• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've been looking for this recently, but I can't seem to think of anything substantial.

Photo-2018-06-05-22-57-48.jpg

The only thing that comes to mind is Valkyrie Profile, which is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Witnessing people's earthly lives, their end, and what happens afterward, the juxtaposition between Earth and Heaven/Hell, that sort of thing.

VP deals with the Norse mythology side of things, but anything will do.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
All Dogs Go To Heaven was literally the first thing that came to mind.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
dragonball.fandom.com

Home for Infinite Losers

This article is about the edited episode entitled "Home for Infinite Losers". For the location, see Hell. For the soundtrack, see Home for Infinite Losers (soundtrack). "Home for Infinite Losers" is the eighth episode of the Vegeta Saga and the eighth episode in the original Saban dub of the...

DBZ's take was kinda neat.

latest

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Forever on Amazon. It's about the tedium and boring reality of being with your soul mate until the end of existence. I think a second season is supposed to start soon?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Spawn
Heaven Can Wait
Ghost
All the versions of A Christmas Carol
Flatliners
Yu Yu Hakusho

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
DC has a pretty intricate version of Hell, with Sandman and Alan Moore's Swamp Thing having arcs that happen in the afterlife (and shows some dead characters living there too).

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Bernard Werber has a whole serie of books that start with someone being human all the way to becoming a god.

Thanatonautes
L'empire des Anges
Nous les Dieux
Le Souffle des Dieux
Le Mystère des Dieux

images

5997f7cda6221ce47b88c1f59859bf83.jpg

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
A lot of David Lynch's work (including parts of Twin Peaks) could be interpreted to take place in some kind of afterlife.

Lost touched upon this subject matter, to mixed results.

There's a great 1998 Japanese film called After Life that has a good take on what happens after death.

It's a small part of the whole, but I loved the afterlife segment in the anime film Mind Game.

For video games, you can't go wrong with Ghost Trick.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta
Buffy
Dante's Inferno
Diablo
Doom
El Shaddai
Final Fantasy II
Grim Fandango
Hercules
Saint Seiya
Supernatural

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the ending sucked, but The Good Place was pretty great otherwise.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Coco
Soul
The Good Place
Futurama
God of War
Dante's Inferno
Diablo
Darksiders
Bayonetta
Doom
Insidious
What Dreams May Come
The Haunted Mansion
Beetlejuice
Corpse Bride
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Beyond: Two Souls
Toothless
Dead Like Me
Various Twilight Zone episodes
Hellraiser
RIPD
Bleach
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Little Nicky
American Gods
Scream Team
The Frighteners
This is the End
Event Horizon
Spawn
World of Warcraft

Last edited:

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
The Good Place. The first season is solid enough, but it really gets good in seasons 2-4.

I thought the ending sucked, but The Good Place was pretty great otherwise.
Really? Why?

I felt that the last half of season 4 was a bit too rushed, but the actual last episode and conclusion of the plot threads for each character were fantastic IMO.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I know probably not exactly what you mean, but The Discovery was pretty interesting.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Dead like Me.

A show ahead of it's time. I remember it was cancelled because people though, "it was too negative".

It's the show 2020 needs.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Good Place. The first season is solid enough, but it really gets good in seasons 2-4.

Really? Why?

I felt that the last half of season 4 was a bit too rushed, but the actual last episode and conclusion of the plot threads for each character were fantastic IMO.
I talked about it in the show thread, and this isn't a good spot to have a spoiler heavy discussion about it, so I'll keep it super short.

The Good Place major spoilers:
I didn't like them using glorified suicide as an acceptable ending

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
Half of all fiction ever produced seems to, in some way, deal with versions of the afterlife. The list would be endless lmao

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I talked about it in the show thread, and this isn't a good spot to have a spoiler heavy discussion about it, so I'll keep it super short.

The Good Place major spoilers:
I didn't like them using glorified suicide as an acceptable ending
Huh, interesting, I really didn't see it that way. Thanks for sharing & apologies for the slight derail đź‘Ť