• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The 2023 OT title will be...

• FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| We Race As One*

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Saudiss is how democracy dies

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Ground Effect Your Expectations

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Bono my tyres are bombs

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Catering to Every Budget

Votes: 42 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
I'm pleasantly surprised so far by Max's more careful overtake approach. Seeing him and Charles driving really professional is a joy to witness, hopefully it will continue to the end of the season.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Oh damn Sainz. Perez third maybe?

Wonder if they look at Lec as well?

Edit: ah Perez as well it seems

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
salt-shaker.jpg

Cry more bitches!

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
The safety car taketh and the safety car giveth to RB. Gutted for my boy Checo who would've possibly won before all the shenanigans. Oh well, guess we'll go with 4th. I really thought he was gonna close in during the last two laps as it seemed he was gaining on Carlos.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
The Latifi and Verstappen crash-and-win combination grows stronger.

What the hell is Mercedes doing? Keeps Hamilton out under safety car resulting in having to recover an entire pit stop versus the rest of the field. Tells him to pit as he passes the pit lane just before it closes. Tops it off with a 4 second pit stop to put him behind Magnussen.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Great race, still hate how Verstappen is such a cry baby for his caliber.
Awesome season so far, love it.

Sad for Perez, happens...

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
The Latifi and Verstappen crash-and-win combination grows stronger.

What the hell is Mercedes doing? Keeps Hamilton out under safety car resulting in having to recover an entire pit stop versus the rest of the field. Tells him to pit as he passes the pit lane just before it closes. Tops it off with a 4 second pit stop to put him behind Magnussen.

If he pitted under the Safety Car he'd be on mediums and be pretty much forced into a 2 stop

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Jfc, they're in high pressure situations. Let them have emotions while racing
I could be racing against my mother, my grandmother, and my little nephews and I'd still be calling them absolutely horrible things in tense situations while going 200+ mph in tight spaces. I think people underestimate how difficult it would be to keep a cool head while racing in F1.

Kornflayx

Oct 27, 2017
Max gained 2 seconds in sector 1 the lap before the VSC ended and I have no idea how given he was 2 seconds faster than everyone else. Given they get a delta to drive to I'm not at all claiming he cheated or anything. He just got REALLY lucky, lol.

Because Charles gained like 2-3 seconds the laps before that while under VSC. At least that's what commentary said

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Was a good race. Both drivers enjoyed it. And people still keep bitching about drivers when everything went great.

Calm down.

Just enjoy how cool this is. This is AMAZING!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea it was a fun race but I still hate this track. Feels like there are way too many replays this year, constantly cutting into the action.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Rules say that you have to have at least one stop during the race.

That is incorrect. You can run an entire race without stopping in wet conditions with wet or inter tyres..

When using dry compound tyres, you must run at least two compounds of the dry tyre unless in a race where wets or inters are used.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
This Redbull and Ferrari battle will be fun, until Merc can get their pace. Really good racing.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out whoever gets more radio will sound like the whiniest person on the track. Though Max manages to take it to the next step with his temper.

Exactly this, I think with Charles' being in the hunt for the championship all year we'll hear Ferrari more. Part of it honestly I'm sure is that the heavier accents of the Ferrari pit wall makes the English broadcast less likely to use their radio.

That said, while I think every driver does it I should point out that Max does have that emotional peaking to his voice that comes across and rubs people the wrong way more. Compare to Sainz who complained about Checo (correctly) but has a lower register and sounds calmer and less frazzled as a result.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Was a good race. Both drivers enjoyed it. And people still keep bitching about drivers when everything went great.

Calm down.
yeah but it's usually because their driver of preference is not in the fight. Gotta have something to say

There was nothing in this race that should make people angry towards either of these drivers

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Merc need to get it together pronto.

DRS tailoring needed clearly. It shouldn't be borderline advantageous choosing to be second at certain points in the circuit.

Also, I wonder when Max and Charles will start wiping each other out.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Really nice to see Lando up in the points- hopefully this means that MCL won't be looking at a season-long recovery process.

Don't forget to pop back in for Miami in two weeks

Thanks for putting that in context lol. That post is reaaalllly not why I come to this thread.

Everyone- remember that its just a sport, and watching it should be fun!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Mercedes fans in this thread calling Verstappen a whiny prick is the pinnacle of irony.

Stay mad.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
That said, while I think every driver does it I should point out that Max does have that emotional peaking to his voice that comes across and rubs people the wrong way more. Compare to Sainz who complained about Checo (correctly) but has a lower register and sounds calmer and less frazzled as a result.

Really fun race though, sad that Checo got bodied by Latifi's crash

Status
Not open for further replies.