• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Hamilton literally pulled a 2018 Vettel today by overshooting T1 at Baku after a restart trying to take the lead.
He overshot because he unknowingly flicked the switch that moves brake bias to the front. There's a big difference between going off because you misjudged a corner and going off because you didnt know your brake balance had completely changed.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Just catching up and hahaha love seeing Hamilton fuck it up on T1, what a twat, great timing for the championship fight. I'm so ready to see him lose it this year. Hope Red Bull and Ferarri keep up their performances.

Charles proving he's probably the most genuine guy on the grid with his radio message about the waved yellows after Max's crash, ever since Anthoine's death he's always been so concerned about driver safety.

Really good race. Wish we got a few more laps.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up and hahaha love seeing Hamilton fuck it up on T1, what a twat, great timing for the championship fight. I'm so ready to see him lose it this year. Hope Red Bull and Ferarri keep up their performances.

Charles proving he's probably the most genuine guy on the grid with his radio message about the waved yellows after Max's crash, ever since Anthoine's death he's always been so concerned about driver safety.

Really good race. Wish we got a few more laps.
The same Charles that knowingly drove his way to the pits with his seatbelt unbuckled?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

They literally played Hamilton radioing the pits asking if Verstappen was ok when they were still driving around.

O Vet

Oct 30, 2017

giphy.gif

I don't believe a single word of it.

The good thing is that the title battle is still on. What a way to finish the race hha.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Does Red Bull and other teams with the flex wing need to change it before the next race or do they get to run it one more race?
Getting mixed messages about that.

O Vet

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like next race the FIA is going to look into it with stickers on the wings to see how much it flexes. So I think we'll hear more next race.

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/07...r-near-miss-which-was-overlooked-during-race/
A furious Mick Schumacher asked his team "does he want to kill us?" after the close call between the pair as they approached the finishing line. Nikita Mazepin dodged to the right as Schumacher moved to pass him at around 300kph. Masi admitted the incident between the two drivers disputing 12th place had been overlooked at the time. "To be fair, obviously we were looking at the front so I didn't actually see the incident myself, so I can't comment on it," he said. "I'd prefer not to [comment] not having seen it. Speaking immediately after the race, Masi said he will "have a look at it in the fresh light of day and, if necessary, I will have a chat with the team and the driver concerned." In a press release issued by Haas shortly after the race, team principal Guenther Steiner said they had already put the incident behind them. "Obviously, there was a situation on the straight, that was all resolved, and we've cleared the air," he said. "There was some misunderstanding, but we're fine and all moving on from it."

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Just catching up with the podium/post-race stuff.

It's crazy what a difference a few years makes for Seb. Back in the day he was in the same position as Hamilton is in now for me (dying to see anyone else win), but now it's a joy whenever he has a good performance.

"Who gave you my number?" haha

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Danish commentators also roast Mazepin, joking with if the "web page" will be updated today among other things.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

Hot take: Mazespin's erratic driving reminds me of Grosjean at times. The beloved driver pulled the same dangerous stunt in his last season, though I can't remember which track it was (I wanna say Austin?). But with Mazespin I get a sense of added malice on top of his stupid driving.

There should be harsh punishment in every case without fail in my opinion, just to scare drivers from even thinking about it.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Hot take: Mazespin's erratic driving reminds me of Grosjean at times. The beloved driver pulled the same dangerous stunt in his last season, though I can't remember which track it was (I wanna say Austin?). But with Mazespin I get a sense of added malice on top of his stupid driving.

There should be harsh punishment in every case without fail in my opinion, just to scare drivers from even thinking about it.
Groesjan was another clown driver, but at least he was fast. Mazepin is also slow and piece of shit out of the track.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add a rule for these late defensive moves before someone gets really injured.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
They need to add a rule for these late defensive moves before someone gets really injured.
Dangerous driving's already covered in the regulations:

27.4 - At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Random stats n facts time.
  • RedBull: 1st non Verstappen win for the team since Ricciardo took victory at the 2018 Monaco GP.
  • PER: Made it 3 podium finishes for 3 differrent teams in Baku. (Force India, Racing point & RedBull).
  • PER: Became the 5th different winner in the 5 races held at the circuit.
  • Aston Martin: Scored their first ever podium in F1 history.
  • VET: 1st time he has led a race since Brazil 2019.
  • Mercedes: 1st time since 2012 US GP that both cars made it to the flag but failed to score any points.

Dec 29, 2017
Random stats n facts time.
  • RedBull: 1st non Verstappen win for the team since Ricciardo took victory at the 2018 Monaco GP.
  • PER: Made it 3 podium finishes for 3 differrent teams in Baku. (Force India, Racing point & RedBull).
  • PER: Became the 5th different winner in the 5 races held at the circuit.
  • Aston Martin: Scored their first ever podium in F1 history.
  • VET: 1st time he has led a race since Brazil 2019.
  • Mercedes: 1st time since 2012 US GP that both cars made it to the flag but failed to score any points.

Also with Sergio's 2nd win he ties Pedro Rodriguez for the most wins by a Mexican driver in Formula 1 history.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Man what a race. Gutted for Max. Can't believe Pirelli are trying to blame debris. Team pit strategy would've changed across the board had they not dismissed Stroll's failure so quickly. It seems like there should be some independent consultation during the race when one of these failures takes place, instead of relying solely on Pirelli, who has a vested interest in not being at fault.

Literally anyone would focus on the analysis of tire failures with less bias and more focus towards driver safety than Pirelli, and literally anyone would've come to the initial conclusion that tire wear and load caused the failure.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the comments here are worse than the racist shit you see in YT comments. For shame you fools.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021

Grosjean and Maldonado are two drivers who should have been kicked out of F1 long before they left due their dangerous driving in recent memory.

Thank God that Grosjean walked away from his last crash, but that was the perfect example of how damn dangerous he was for much of his career.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Grosjean and Maldonado are two drivers who should have been kicked out of F1 long before they left due their dangerous driving in recent memory.

Thank God that Grosjean walked away from his last crash, but that was the perfect example of how damn dangerous he was for much of his career.

You'll get flak because it was a freak accident, but I'm a firm believer in the old phrase "you make your own luck", which is to say you subconsciously put yourself into advantageous (or disadvantageous) situations, which then looks like 'luck'. I also feel that Grosjean's crazy crash was inevitable. Like, if a fiery crash resulting in a car exploding and being cut in half had to happen in modern F1, of course it had to happen to Grosjean of all people. His driving has always put me on edge, and the Haas shitbox probably didn't help either lol.

It will be immensely frustrating if Mazepin experiences a similar freak crash and we get the old "we could never have seen this coming!" comments. No, we see it coming already. Just hand out punishments each time he does something dangerous. Rack up those penalty points!

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Ralf Schumacher: "One race ban would be the right thing for Nikita so he starts thinking about what he is doing currently." He delivered that message to people that can decide about the incident as an expert.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Some of the comments here are worse than the racist shit you see in YT comments. For shame you fools.

You might want to back up your statement with something?

At worst we usually get people questioning Hamilton's character as veiled racist comments. I havn't even seen that after this race, wtf are you on about?

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
You'll get flak because it was a freak accident, but I'm a firm believer in the old phrase "you make your own luck", which is to say you subconsciously put yourself into advantageous (or disadvantageous) situations, which then looks like 'luck'. I also feel that Grosjean's crazy crash was inevitable. Like, if a fiery crash resulting in a car exploding and being cut in half had to happen in modern F1, of course it had to happen to Grosjean of all people. His driving has always put me on edge, and the Haas shitbox probably didn't help either lol.

It will be immensely frustrating if Mazepin experiences a similar freak crash and we get the old "we could never have seen this coming!" comments. No, we see it coming already. Just hand out punishments each time he does something dangerous. Rack up those penalty points!
Yup, anyone could have made that mistake, but Grosjean had been risking a crash like that for like a decade with his dangerous style.

He was both a danger to himself and others.

Sucks to say because he's so likeable but it's the hard truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.