• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
EP806M7WoAE6fgF

Hideous
Can't tell if serious. Outside of the extended...diffuser? Trailer hitch? Barbeque? it looks great.

Or one of their other ten pay test drivers.
If Williams survives long enough they'll eventually be back on top!

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I've been out for the last handful of years, and watching premier league more as a result (easier in California with MOTD).

Is there any way to watch F1 without having cable TV? Can I give YouTube money to watch it yet? Or is there a MOTD equivalent yet? I miss F1 :(

Just stream it, the best feed is the Sky feed because they have Ted.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Safety and health first. Sucks for F1 fans but racing can wait.

Yeah. I do wonder what they'll do with the calender. Swap them with another race, or just have a long break? Logistically (if you even can swap races) it's basically Russia or Singapore that fit the bill. Otherwise we're looking at a near month break after three races, that impacts the momentum big time for Liberty I can imagine.

OP
OP
Aiii

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
So I renewed my yearly sub to F1TV, and am now watching their F2 docu series, that's a pretty cool deal. Not quite as overproduced as the Netflix show, but similar.

The Hubert stuff is pretty devastating though.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Saw that yesterday and was astounded. When you think of all the archive material out there gradually getting worse and worse this could be a huge opportunity to ensure that stuff doesn't get lost.

Sorry, had two tabs open and posted in the wrong one!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, maybe the German grand prix will happen again...

Well I assume they wouldn't outright cancel China? Like I think they will do everything to get it to show up somewhere during the year. But Germany does fit in the timespan. And logistically it would also be doable for the team. Iirc the teams start with two full sets of gear/buildings etc. Australia has kit 1 (that then travels to Vietnam > China > Canada etc.) And Bahrein the teams start with Kit 2 where they do the European races with. So logistically it would be possible. Just have the Bahrein gear transfer to Germany.

But the hosting and ticket sales, that would be rough on such a short notice. And Hockenheim seems to have an event that weekend already. Postponing it a week also wouldn't be an option because then the teams would have another triple header which they basically all agreed on would never happen again.

Interesting what's going to happen next.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It won't be rescheduled and another race won't replace it. It'll just be cancelled like the Bahrain GP was when they briefly cared about human rights.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Honda are the best improvers this year, they're way ahead of Ferrari in terms of development rate. Red Bull can make championship-winning cars, Max Verstappen is formidable and Honda… their investment in what they're doing is huge and their determination is huge.

And that's showing on track, and you can see that the structure and sound decision-making being done. It's going to be exciting.

Who said this? Your choices are:

Wax
Wax Free
Wax Free Vanilla
Andy Cowell, Managing Director of Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains

FlakyCurtain

Oct 30, 2017
Is the F1TV app worth it if you live in the UK?

The bad: As others have said, there's no live coverage (and nothing more recent than 2018 season the last time I checked) and no F2/support race stuff

The good: The archive races are pretty great, almost all of them are there going back to 1980, some as short highlights, but most as 30min highlights or the full races

The indifferent: I quite like being able to look at the live timing during practice of a GP weekend. And they've started adding extra content, e.g. the F2 documentary series which was quite interesting, and some post 2019 season reviews, but I've not dipped into that stuff too much.

I just about squeeze value out of it, but having had it for a couple of years I feel like I've seen most of the archive races I want to, so it's getting harder to justify keeping it on.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Thanks for the responses.
From the sounds of it I don't think I'll bother - I don't mind missing out on the races live, but if they're not going to post them a day or 2 after that's kind of what I'd want it for. Well that and the archive.

Its a shame really, its something that for what the service is in a lot of countries I'd happily give them money, but for the service here it sounds like its still lacking a bit too much

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
As I said last page, the official www.f1tv.com has you covered. All sessions available shortly after airing (less than an hour generally).
This really is exactly what I was looking for, thank you (just wanted to follow up again).

I think I can access this on the PS4 browser so I can watch on TV yeah? What are the highlights of 2019's season (race wise) so I can get in the mood for this year?

OP
OP
Aiii

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
This really is exactly what I was looking for, thank you (just wanted to follow up again).

I think I can access this on the PS4 browser so I can watch on TV yeah? What are the highlights of 2019's season (race wise) so I can get in the mood for this year?

Not sure about PS4 browser, but yeah, you'll need something that either has a browser or streams a browser or if you have an Android TV, sideloading the phone app is also an option.

Unfortunately the app situation remains a bit dire.

As for races, we actually did an end of year survey which had the following five top races:
FormulaEra's top 3 races of the season:
1. Germany (34.2% of the votes)
2. Brazil (23.7% of the votes)
3. Austria, Great-Britain, Hungary (7.9% of the votes each)
Rest of the survey can be found here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...tobacco-pick-your-poison.104854/post-27202310

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure about PS4 browser, but yeah, you'll need something that either has a browser or streams a browser or if you have an Android TV, sideloading the phone app is also an option.

Unfortunately the app situation remains a bit dire.

As for races, we actually did an end of year survey which had the following five top races:

Rest of the survey can be found here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...tobacco-pick-your-poison.104854/post-27202310
When Merc starts not winning. The season was a real snoozer starting off. Austria is a good starting point.
Thank you both! I'm really pumped to see some racing again.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

If you really want to watch the pinnacle of the sport, that perfectly captures the spirit of the past years watch the French GP.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
If you really want to watch the pinnacle of the sport, that perfectly captures the spirit of the past years watch the French GP.
Part of the reason I stopped watching was my buddy and I actually falling asleep to multiple races in one season (somewhere around 2013)

I see I can watch classic seasons from 81' too now so that's probably more where I'll be heading. Just hearing those engine notes again...

Last edited:

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I did a search. Are there no MotoGP fans here? Season is starting next month.
I want to get into MotoGP but they make it basically impossible to watch a race. In the US, races are shown on the BeIn Sports network, which I don't have access to through my TV provider. And their version of F1TV, Video Pass, is like $150 a year! That's almost twice as much as F1TV costs. So the only way I can watch a race is through ...questionable... means, and often that means I can't watch it live. Add in the fact that the owners of MotoGP are incredibly stingy with highlights or analysis videos online.. it almost seems like it's not worth the effort.

I'd love to follow MotoGP more closely, but for right now I'll stick with F1 (and Supercross for that sweet dirt bike action).

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I want to get into MotoGP but they make it basically impossible to watch a race. In the US, races are shown on the BeIn Sports network, which I don't have access to through my TV provider. And their version of F1TV, Video Pass, is like $150 a year! That's almost twice as much as F1TV costs. So the only way I can watch a race is through ...questionable... means, and often that means I can't watch it live. Add in the fact that the owners of MotoGP are incredibly stingy with highlights or analysis videos online.. it almost seems like it's not worth the effort.

I'd love to follow MotoGP more closely, but for right now I'll stick with F1 (and Supercross for that sweet dirt bike action).

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to take this opportunity to show off and say that I recently directed a commercial with Danilo Petrucci.

I literally know nobody that has ever watched MotoGP (me included), so I haven't had the chance to show off with it yet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.