• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Its just getting boring to see only mercedes ir ferrari are winning.

I really hope regulations change for 2021 make the F1 interesting again. Also I hope those rules encourage more strong teams to join f1

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So much of todays F1 is akin to racing your ghost on Forza. It's more guys racing themselves than racing someone else as so little is done in traffic and so little overtaking is going on

Yea, the 2021 rule change "should" alleviate a lot of that. Furthermore, unlike a lot of lower tier racing, there is quite a few things to manage on the fly for the drivers in F1- like brake and differential biases, fuel mix and ERS power delivery magnitude. It's just a whole new level of complication.

Which is why I absolutely loved Formula W and even Super Formula is quite good.

Here's another clip of Formula W's racing from Brands Hatch final:

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
That's good stuff. That's racing. When the story from last week is all about team orders instead of the actual racing, yeah... there's problems.

So much of todays F1 is akin to racing your ghost on Forza. It's more guys racing themselves than racing someone else as so little is done in traffic and so little overtaking is going on
To be fair, back in the 60s and 70s the drivers were fighting their own cars more than they were fighting other drivers. And in the 80s a couple of drivers were fighting eacht other while the other 25 DNF or DNQ.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
The tracks don't help. At decent circuits we had 4 or 5 excellent races in a row. Singapore and Russia are both dire. Suzuka is a brilliant track and should be a good race

Feels like they should be more willing to drop the tracks that aren't good for F1, the sport. Too bad it's probably money/tradition keeping them at these tracks that just aren't conducive to an interesting race for these big cars. It's sad that the most interesting part of the weekend for me, at those tracks, is qualifying.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Recently learned of yet another open wheel racing series, Formula 1000/Formula Jedi... JEDI! These folks use the Force to race!

And vehicles look utterly adorable:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Mark Webber is a piece of shit by the way:

Fucks sake Mark. I used to like you...

Macquarie_Dictionary_Word_of_the_Year_2017_-_milkshake_duck.png

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I don't get it. I mean, I get what he's trying to say but I don't even know what's meant to be funny about it. He just made himself look like a bigoted gobshite for...?
The theme of the last few years is a spreading permissiveness that has made even the smart bigoted gobshites forget that their best plan is to keep their disgusting opinions to themselves.

It's gotten so bad that people are now arguing against the very concept of being held to task for your words and actions.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling; long history of misrepresenting rumors and speculation as news or facts, Numerous prior infractions for the same behavior
From everything I've seen this is quite the assertion. They're good, but not that good.

The data doesn't lie, the spec 4 running in non optimal form because it hasn't been fed the fuel and oil it was developed with yet is currently there with Mercedes. Once it gets its full nurishment in Suzuka there will be only Ferrari and their bag of tricks in front of Honda.

As for Renault, there's a reason why everybody's abandoned them. Their product is shit and plum last in the pecking order.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Look son,, wasn't meant to be funny. I just find it challenging to stay up-to-date with all the different terminology these days. I'm a proud heterosexual though I don't need to bang on about it, have gay friends of both genders too. Carry on..

Wasn't meant to be funny but I'll put a laughing emoji after it. Also, 'proud heterosexual'? Does he mean that he genuinely feels self worth/pleasure over the fact he's not attracted to men? Obvious caveat, he has gay friends though, of BOTH genders so it's all good!

Damnit. Always liked him as he was always a straight talker, literally in this case!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The data doesn't lie, the spec 4 running in non optimal form because it hasn't been fed the fuel and oil it was developed with yet is currently there with Mercedes. Once it gets its full nurishment in Suzuka there will be only Ferrari and their bag of tricks in front of Honda.

As for Renault, there's a reason why everybody's abandoned them. Their product is shit and plum last in the pecking order.

Evidently, the data does lie.

Speed-Trap-Sochi.v1.jpg

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
Using speed trap readings to determine engine ranking 😆

Just export the F1 TV telemetry data, it's all there.

Ferrari> Honda> Mercedes> Renault

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
Using speed trap readings to determine engine ranking 😆

Just export the F1 TV telemetry data, it's all there.

Ferrari> Honda> Mercedes> Renault

Or, you could instead listen to somebody who has half a clue and access to internal GPS readings.

Mark Hughes said:
As the other power units finally seem to be converging – Renault and Honda with their latest specs are believed now to be within 10-15bhp of Mercedes – Ferrari continues to have a decisive edge over everyone. GPS analysis is provided to the teams at each race by the FIA and from this information can be calculated – to within a workable degree of accuracy – what everyone has. The Ferrari's Q3 advantage over Mercedes tends to be around 20bhp and around half that in the races.

... Well, we can't publish the actual GPS readings but they're easy enough to get access to from within the paddock. And what they show at Spa is the apparent Mercedes power dropping away down towards Renault and Honda. The gap between Ferrari and Renault/Honda remains pretty much the same.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget that an engine is not just power. There is also fuel efficiency , reliability and drivability.

Using top speed to estimate engine power is not a good method. Top speed is impacted not only by the engine itself but also by general car setup, drag levels and also gearbox ratios. Moreover using speed traps during the race would be even more useless due to slipstream effect.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Has a race ever been cancelled before it started? Or have they ever moved the timeslot/day to avoid cancellation?

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
They should at least have some contingencies in place, but they probably don't.
World rugby on the other hand, "insists it has a 'robust contingency plan in place' should the adverse weather impact tournament fixtures."

They could do qualy on Sunday morning, but that assumes no major damage to the circuit and the storm passes quickly.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say this is why I have him on ignore, but I still see you daft sods entertaining him.

Status
Not open for further replies.