• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nairo seems to be gone, since he can't deny it anymore (he also deactivated his twitter)

And Crimson Blur, who is a very close friend to D1 and commentated with him very often is, understandably, heartbroken:

I feel bad for everyone being a victim & for those working hard so that the community can shine.
Why can't people just not be assholes?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the people using wizards preditory behavior as a means to try and "dunk" on feminism because he dared call out the underaged girl ninja fight game and its devs that one time.

There are fucking victims, a preditor allowed to be at large for decades. And the only thing you can think about is " haha take that feminists"

Fuck you and your ghoulish sociopathic behavior

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know how consent works? Cuz one night stands involve consent.

Yeah I think people are over simplifying this imo. And there's also the argument that if two people are drunk then what state are they in to even evaluate the other persons drunkeness. Anyway, gonna call it a day because it's getting a little off topic.

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah I think people are over simplifying this imo. And there's also the argument that if two people are drunk then what state are they in to even evaluate the other persons drunkeness. Anyway, gonna call it a day because it's getting a little off topic.

Your entire slew of vile posts made me want to fucking vomit.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck the people using wizards preditory behavior as a means to try and "dunk" on feminism because he dared call out the underaged girl ninja fight game and its devs that one time.

There are fucking victims, a preditor allowed to be at large for decades. And the only thing you can think about is " haha take that feminists"

Fuck you and your ghoulish sociopathic behavior
What game are you talking about?

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I know this shouldn't need to be said, but if someone is drunk they can not consent.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Nairo seems to be gone, since he can't deny it anymore (he also deactivated his twitter)

And Crimson Blur, who is a very close friend to D1 and commentated with him very often is, understandably, heartbroken:

I feel bad for everyone being a victim & for those working hard so that the community can shine.
Why can't people just not be assholes?

I fucking hope he is not implying that he's going to commit suicide.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Wow. So this was the coverup rumors swirled about years ago. Mr. Wizard is a child molester? Damn!

More people will surely speak out now about similar or worse incidents.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Okay this will probably be a long post apologies if it is.

Literally yesterday I make a post on a different thread about how Ineed a break from the fgc because I can't deal with how much awfulness is allowed to slide and then this comes out. I don't want to start with I'm not surprised but really this just puts so many things into clarity that I really can't be surprised.

Evo has had a long history of ignoring the fact that every year more and more women get groped, molested, drugged, assaulted, harassed and raped at their event both at after parties but also during the day at their venue. Evo also repeatedly remained silent when dealing with problematic players, practically always never banning anyone or delivering any punishment. This resulting in having players who are racist, sexist, harassers/assaulters and domestic abusers to continue to compete and even celebrate "triumphant returns " for people who literally never left.

Evo having such a quick response is also suspect as hell, making people jump to the conclusion that they had this prepared ahead of time and/or knew in advance but has been ignoring it. The whole "internal investigation" is BS to as at the end of the day it is he said/He said situation and thanks to James Chen not being there to see it but only heard it was fully clothed Wiz can easily deny it claiming they were fully clothed and it was just hazing, and by hazing standards it's practically nothing. And You've got wonder both who will be investigating and if they can be impartial

This also does begin to question evo's core values as well, I've always maintained that banning DOA to adhere to core values while simultaneously doing nothing to make the event safer for women was just done for good pr, but now it has me wondering was it just done for a different reason.

All in all the FGC has to use this year, especially this year, while everything is cancelled to clean house and take a firm stance on racism, sexism, assault etcetc.

The final thing I'd say is that in 2013 someone described the FGC as sexual harassment and to get rid of it would cause the fgc to not exist anymore. Perhaps the FGC should die and get replaced with something better

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Wiz was fucking trash for years, even from just the SRK forums, and what I've heard, the shit on irc/discord.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn. Good thing he came forward to expose Mr. Wiz as to some degree it seems like this is something people have heard rumours about for years

Evo as a event probably won't be impacted too much as its so big these days with too many people working on it

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I woke up to see Twitter on fire this morning about Mr. Wizard and Nairo, holy shit this is all surreal.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we finally get Mr. Wizard out now? Actually all of EVO staff needs new blood. They basically let him stay despite all of his BS

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Well damn. Good thing he came forward to expose Mr. Wiz as to some degree it seems like this is something people have heard rumours about for years

Evo as a event probably won't be impacted too much as its so big these days with too many people working on it
I doubt that companies would sponsor it now and a lot of pro teams might not feel comfortable going either. I think EVO as we know it is done.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
4 things

1. Fuck mr wizard
2. Fuck Nairo
3. Captain zack needs serious help
4. The smash panel needs to figure out how to make public the reasons why they wanted captain zack perma banned before (apparently there are other victims they want to protect and the story is bad enough for them to have him banned for 5 years) because at this point he just seems like a repeated victim of assault that somehow got dragged into more

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hooooly Shit. This is huge. Dont know what to say other than I hope the victims involved ge justice.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. By next Evo it's just gonna be the CPU playing against themselves. What the fuck is wrong with people?

i hope every single victim gets justice.

Evo is just gonna be Salty Bet.

Hopefully this will lead to justice, every time I refresh the page it seems like another person in the FGC is being outed as a sexual predator.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
"I'm gonna call it a day"

Lmao yeah you do that. Have fun with that premaban you fucking rape defending cretin.

OP
OP
The Turbanator
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard of some of the Smash accusations before now, but holy shit there are multiple straight up admissions of statutory rape. People always joke that Smash is a hotbed for that but now... man...

Not that the FGC is much better, the scene was clearly always crappy in ways (2012 sticks out hard), but having the arguable face of the FGC (after Daigo and maybe Max) be guilty of this must speak volumes about everybody below him.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I wake up and see everything has gone to hell. the whole fgc is imploding.

damn, even Nairo and D1 too? They were some of the last people I ever expected.

burn it all down

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to sink EVO as a brand right? Like...I dont know how this can go ignored now.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
All these disgusting pedos that are being exposed need to be locked up behind bars imo.

Subhuman garbage.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Man, and I used to think the week Infiltration and gllty were exposed was the worst week for the FGC.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arcade hazing was a common thing in the 90s/early 2000s.
I'm not surprise at all but at the time for a lot of us, this was considered "normal". Obviously looking back we all can see it was a huge abuse in power dynamics and bullying.

Watson is right though, the 3s/mvc2 era would not survive in today's time. Things were much different.

Wtf arcades were you going to that this shit is normal?

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, and I used to think the week Infiltration and gllty were exposed was the worst week for the FGC.

I remember being bummed about Infiltration being a scum bag, but got over it as I'm a Diago stan forever.

If bad news comes out about him, I don't know what I'd do.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I hope that's the end of Mr. Wizard in EVO, don't want EVO to be associated with someone like that, he can take his CoRe vAlUeS with him.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Like I said in another thread, since the Ricki Ortiz nazi hat incident, and many public casual asian racist jokes from prominent tournament players from the SFIV days, I knew this was a cesspool of assholes for a very long time, protected by the higher ups.

No wonder Aris could say what he said in such a bold way, publicly, and why many of those people didn't want the Esport exposure and were nostalgic of the good ol days.
What did Aris say?

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly not shocked and explains why EVO would give so many people passes on being scumbags until somewhat recently where the heat was too public. The FGC loves "protecting" its "friends" let's see what happens long term.

Here is the Twitch clip I mentioned earlier about Wattson referring to Wiz in a similar light years ago (Twitch clips aren't dated at all so idk when this was exactly).

Is he talking about Mike Ross in this clip because that fits the description and Mike is usually on those EVO lineup reveals with Wizard.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Like I said in another thread, since the Ricki Ortiz nazi hat incident, and many public casual asian racist jokes from prominent tournament players from the SFIV days, I knew this was a cesspool of assholes for a very long time, protected by the higher ups.

No wonder Aris could say what he said in such a bold way, publicly, and why many of those people didn't want the Esport exposure and were nostalgic of the good ol days.

Let the good ol' days stay where they belong, in the past as a reminder to never go back to being like that.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Director =\= beneficial shareholder.

Yeah, of course we can't really know their entire shareholder situation but that was in response to many posts stating he was just a TO as Joey's responsibilities definitely go beyond that. Most TOs are not the sole person on record for a trademark etc.

Hopefully the situation is such that others can step in to alleviate the situation so that the community does not suffer needlessly.

Last edited: