• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
...Monster Hunter World is on PC?

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize Iceborne still isn't out. Weird.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely deserved it, and arguably much more.

Give these people another standing ovation.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What qualifies as an ongoing game? Like a game the didn't come out this year but released notable updates this year anyway?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It will probably be years before I get to ShB, but that's OK. It took me this long to get through all of ARR.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely well deserved. 6500 hours in FFXIV and still counting, game of all time for me personally.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well deserved IMO. Shadowbringers has been a great expansion and I continue to enjoy going back to this game.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Not in Shadowbringers yet, but I 100% believe the hypel FFXIV has only ever gotten better.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved!
Shadowbringers is also my own GotY.

Looking forward to our first glimpse of 5.2 in this week's live letter.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yoshi and his team have had their missteps, and they'll make mistakes in the future, but they try so damn hard for their players and are always taking in feedback to give the players what the want with the budget they have (which always seems much smaller than what they should have). Shadowbringers is fantastic and I can't wait to see what's next.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least the audience got it right.

No lie though, mad props to FFXIV. I don't play, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

But it'd be cooler with Acidic Glavenus. Just saying.
RecentRecentGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Awesome. Shadowbringers is one of the best games this year and one of the best stories in all of Final Fantasy.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, well deserved. FFXIV has been one of my best gaming experiences this year. It was an amazing 3 months catching up on 6 years of content with a legitimately great set of characters and compelling storylines.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Grats to Yoshi P and the whole team. Shout out to Natsuko Ishikawa for crafting such a beautiful and intriguing story.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Finally, some recognition for both Shadowbringers and Iceborne. Both of these games are in my top 5

Was almost certain it would be Fortnite or Apex

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes FFXIV: Shadowbringers is easily my GOTY I may be on break from it atm but that doesn't mean I don't love it.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game and expansion so much part of the reason i started playing guitar again was to learn how to play the Shadowbringers theme. Im glad that it gets some sort of recognition

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It should win every award from every outlet for this category, even dropping one is an injustice. Nothing comes close to FFXIV as an ongoing game.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ill happily recognize the universal love for FFXIV but Its friggin huge and I could only beat up to Heavensward before i had to take a break

Monster Hunter owns my soul but props to fans for getting recognized and validated

Our time is coming though. ICEBORNE NIPS AT YOUR HEELS!

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I think this is completely deserved. Iceborne, which I adored, would be my second choice, but even then I don't think it comes close to the heights that Shadowbringers reaches at all. At any rate, Shadowbringers is now up there as one of my all-time favorite FF stories I've ever had the pleasure to experience.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowbringers is my personal Game of the Year. I don't care what the rules say about expansions.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowbringers deserves RPG of the Year and Nomination for GOTY.

It not having OST of the Year is a fucking crime.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. The constant updates and the amount of lore and characters is insane.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
It not having OST of the Year is a fucking crime.
I couldn't agree more. The OST might honestly be my favorite aspect of Shadowbringers. In my opinion, Masayoshi Soken has more than proven himself worthy as a successor to the legendary Nobuo Uematsu.

Last edited:

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Shadowbringers is the best expansion yet imo and the bar was set high with Heavensward. This game gets so much love from the dev team, and the sheer amount of content this game gets every year is staggering. You can really tell that they care

OP
OP
Dalik

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Ugh, I really need to get back into FFXIV. I just got burnt out a bit and my work schedule hasn't helped. I'm glad it won an award, though. :D