• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
huh I don't remember my square enix login.

I also forgot that my square enix login is separate from my square enix store account because square is god awful at account management now 19 years since I first signed up for play online.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feel a bit silly for buying everything last month.
How well, had a great time with it so far and don't regret it.

Still in arr (but I should reach heavensward soon) and it's already the best ff game since the PS2.
I'm glad that my gf finally gave me the push I needed to start playing.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Oh! That's awesome! I wonder if Canada also has a similar promotion for a friend.
Anyone from Canada know if getting the free code works for them? A friend of mine would love to have Heavensward but she lives in Canada.

EDIT: Also on PSN!

I was able to get a code in Canada via the EU promo. I used my actual address except for country, I chose Ireland. I haven't actually tried redeeming the code yet though, as my security token is at home and I'm at work now.

Edit: Apparently the EU codes don't work with NA copies of the game. I was also able to get a code in Canada via the NA store though.

Last edited:

xem

Oct 31, 2017
doesnt this game have KB/mouse support on ps4. I tried on controller a few years ago and it was pretty decent.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
huh I don't remember my square enix login.

I also forgot that my square enix login is separate from my square enix store account because square is god awful at account management now 19 years since I first signed up for play online.
Tell me about it, I've been trying to get access to my FFXI account off and on for years. The last time I tried I made it up to what my phone number 14 years ago or so. My own parents didn't even know what it was haha. Thankfully there's private servers.

For FFXIV and this free expansion, I was just going to activate it, but even with correct info I can't get in.

"Your credentials are correct, but there is a problem with your account. Please log in on https://membership.square-enix.com/ first to resolve this issue."

I went there to log in and no dice, waiting on a password reset email.

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I want to post the opening of HW for those who haven't played it but unfortunately it literally spoils the entire payoff of the base game's extremely drawn out story and not very well done build up.

Instead I'll post this, the music of the opening. I still get shivers from that opening and I love the leitmotif they have going on in the expansion's music.

And yes, as someone who had never played an MMO, who thought the base game was boring, and who really likes FF, Heavensward is easily up there for me if not at the very top.

Edit: Whoops. Still some spoilers so look at the musicians up until the halfway mark.

Last edited:

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Nice been wanting to jump back in. I'm somewhere in ARR, should I just finish it or jump to the HW stuff?
You'll have to finish ARR story stuff at the very least. HW areas are gated until you get the main story quests up to Heavensward.
He's talking about purchasing the object that lets you skip to Heavensward, it just sets the flags telling the game you've finished the story content. I personally recommend not doing that, the Realm Reborn story gets pretty great right at the end in the leadup to Heavensward., and since the game is so story-based you could get kinda lost if you skipped major story bits (which always happen right *before* the new expansions). Square *has* streamlined the Realm Reborn content so you at least get equipment and levels as you play through the story without needing to grind, though there are still a few grindy quest sections in the storyline.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I had fun with the base game just the free trial. Unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy the base and expansion back then. I'll try to scrounge up something to buy the base.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I was able to get a code in Canada via the EU promo. I used my actual address except for country, I chose Ireland. I haven't actually tried redeeming the code yet though, as my security token is at home and I'm at work now.
That code won't work for you, unless you also redeemed an EU code for the base game. Expansion codes have to match the region of your account/base game (NA/EU/JP). You'd have to get a code via the US promo (as those are NA codes).
Does this game still have a subscription? Its why I never played it
Yes.
doesnt this game have KB/mouse support on ps4. I tried on controller a few years ago and it was pretty decent.
It does, but a lot of people on PS4 like using the controller as well

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I have a code for the Base Game. Tell me what the solution is to the first DDK puzzle in Dino Crisis and first to get it right gets it.

Last edited:

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Square has done an amazing job designing menus for controller. If you set it up right, you can have access to like 40 abilities on one page easily accessible by the controller. Most abilities are done via holding one of the two triggers and then pressing the d-pad for four abilities or the face buttons for another four abilities, for a total of 16 abilities with the two shoulders (and then there are optionally more for holding both triggers, or double-tapping a shoulder), and you can set up multiple pages of abilities that you switch between by tapping bumper or holding bumper and choosing a page.

I play with controller on PC.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Square has done an amazing job designing menus for controller. If you set it up right, you can have access to like 40 abilities on one page easily accessible by the controller. Most abilities are done via holding one of the two triggers and then pressing the d-pad for four abilities or the face buttons for another four abilities, for a total of 16 abilities with the two shoulders (and then there are optionally more for holding both triggers, or double-tapping a shoulder), and you can set up multiple pages of abilities that you switch between by tapping bumper or holding bumper and choosing a page.

Yeah, it's definitely well implemented. I tried using it, but I'm just too used to KBM for MMOs due to the many years I've played other MMOs

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
This is an incredible deal. Heavensward is one of the best Final Fantasy games and its content is so damn good. Its basically 70+ hours of content for free (with the subscription).

Yeah I really love using controller. The only job that has tested its limits for me is Scholar, but even then you can have wxhb and it takes just a bit more of a learning curve. Playing with controller just feels really satisfying to me.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I have a code for the Base Game. Tell me what the solution is to the first DDK puzzle in Dino Crisis and first to get it right gets it.
!!!

Is it "head"?

google pls don't fail me.

Edit: thanks! I've probably played DC1 like 3 times full playthrough and I can't remember what DDK was until I saw each letter corresponds to the first letter of the solution.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Incredible deal, and Heavensward was one of the greatest Final Fantasy experiences I ever got to enjoy. Jump on it, people.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
I have ARR on PS4, yet it does not let me "buy" the free Heavensward expansion.

Feels bad, man.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, went to download on PSN and realized I already own it for PS4. Cool for those who don't yet, though (my PS4 is packed away and haven't played it in a long time, that's why I forgot).

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
He's talking about purchasing the object that lets you skip to Heavensward, it just sets the flags telling the game you've finished the story content. I personally recommend not doing that, the Realm Reborn story gets pretty great right at the end in the leadup to Heavensward., and since the game is so story-based you could get kinda lost if you skipped major story bits (which always happen right *before* the new expansions). Square *has* streamlined the Realm Reborn content so you at least get equipment and levels as you play through the story without needing to grind, though there are still a few grindy quest sections in the storyline.
Thanks
indeed, i was talking about the jump potions.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm current on expansion on PC, but I want to change to PS4. Buying the starter edition again though is ehhhhhhhhh

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Am I the only one that plays this game often but thinks the main story is terrible?

Although to be fair, I did somewhat enjoy Heavensward.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Can I use my free trial character on PS4 on the PC version of the game? IIRC this game is cross play with PS4 and PC right?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'll power level with my ninja
Haha, seeing Ninja Spida tearing things up would be awesome. I don't even know which class I would want to play, I'd FATE grind to get my rebuild my macros and remember how to play. I actually like FATE grinding since it reminds me of the old exp party with chatting with members as we kill stuff.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
And heres a code for the free BASE GAME of FFXIV too, so you can play this expansion later.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Please let me know if you use it :D

Last edited:

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I wish twitch support wasnt so ridiculously slow to respond to help tickets. My twitch account got hacked so I no longer have access to it, Ive been waiting weeks now for a reply from the original support request sent. I would have liked to try out ff14 since I enjoyed ff11. I dont really care about the twitch account itself, mainly just the twitch prime games library. If anyone happens to have an extra twitch ffXIV code I would be interested in it since I cant access my account to get my own.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Heavensward is one of the best things in the entire Final Fantasy franchise, definitely get it if you haven't already.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I actually love using the PS4 controller but with a chatboost connected
image-28067-30hmf62h1uwinpbxy635owpyt4fyvuvolgyc7qzzlideg0006.jpeg

You can literally keybind anything to it in addition to the PS4 buttons making it infinitely better.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Comes Heavensward with another 30 days of subscription? Is it added to the 30 Days you get from the twitch base game offer?

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going to give FF14 a whirl. So basically it's not about picking a server but more about picking a data center? And the DCs can be summed up as Crystal is RP, Aether is for serious end gaming and Primal is the casual dc?