• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've been away from the game for over a year. Looking forward to finishing Storm blood and starting the next expansion while relearning everything I've forgotten, lol.

LinLeigh

Oct 25, 2017
ARR-FFXIV-Logo.png

XIV-ERA DISCORD AND LINKSHELL RECRUITMENT THREAD

Hello! A lot of you will have downloaded FFXIV's free trial or otherwise and will no doubt be looking for other newbies and people to chat and play with. I thought it might be nice to have a recruitment thread available for people who'd be interested in being able to chat with other forum members, or related persons who are playing the game, but who either own the free trial and thus aren't able to join the Era FC, or are on another server or involved in another FC already. I thought this might also be useful for forming groups on other data centers outside of Primal, so that the XIV-Era diaspora can all connect with each other. Within the game's systems, rpm suggested the creation of cross world linkshells (CWLS) to chat with each other within our respective data centers. I'd like to link all of this to the Era FC too. I envision it all being a connected web of sorts. Maybe that's too ambitious, but it would be cool if everyone playing on different servers, data centers, and who have different versions of the game could all communicate with at least some of the other Era members while playing.

Update (07/12/2021): Since starting this the small group of newbies that joined blossomed into an awesome community. I've also come to see the limits of linkshells (the term for chat groups in-game). Being in the game restricts how people can interact with each other. You have to be online to receive messages or an invitation to the linkshell, which means you won't know if anyone's online and have to shout into the dark to see if you get a reply. Or you can open the linkshell list to see, but it's a few extra steps that make it inconvenient to communicate. They work best when we're organizing a group to do content together. The cross world linkshells are further hindered by being specific to their data centers, meaning we can't communicate with our friends on other regional data centers in-game.

What I've observed is people gravitate towards the platform that can reach everyone. I started the discord as mostly an afterthought, but it has become the primary hub where we congregate. Once fully open travel between data centers comes with the release of Endwalker this fall, we should be able to create a linkshell that can encompass all the data centers. We can dissolve the regional CWLSs at that point, and use the one linkshell as an in-game hub while discord is the main space. Being able to chat outside the game is pretty great. If you're interested in joining us, replying to the thread will reveal the discord link at the bottom of this post. Chances are there will always be people available to help you with something.

Original post resumed:
I've created one such CWLS for the Primal data center, but I will likely need other members of the XIV-Era community who play on other data centers to form similar CWLSs. As always, feel free to join us in the OT thread for discussions. For those of you who are feeling a bit intimidated by the game, the FFXIV tips thread might help you gain some direction. For questions about account creation or trouble shooting, please consult this thread. I figure it can get pretty lonely if you're playing solo, and some of the free trial restrictions aren't great, particularly trial accounts being unable to form parties. If you join the CWLS, someone can help you with that so you can party up with your friends if you're all on trial accounts.

PRIMAL DATA CENTER PLAYERS
Behemoth, Excalibur, Exodus, Famfrit, Hyperion, Lamia, Leviathan, Ultros

If you would like to join the Primal data center CWLS, please send me a PM with your character name and server, and I will add you as soon as I log in, or will let others in the linkshell know to invite you if I'm not online. Note that you need to be online to receive the LS invitation. If you aren't on one of the five data centers listed and would like to start an Era CWLS for your data center, let me know and I'll add your recruitment information to the OP.

AETHER DATA CENTER PLAYERS
Adamantoise, Cactuar, Faerie, Gilgamesh, Jenova, Midgardsormr, Sargatanas, Siren

If you would like to join the Aether data center CWLS, please PM Dark Knight with your character name and server.

CRYSTAL DATA CENTER PLAYERS
Balmung, Brynhildr, Coeurl, Diabolos, Goblin, Malboro, Mateus, Zalera

If you would like to join the Crystal data center CWLS, please PM Samaritan with your character and server names.

LIGHT DATA CENTER PLAYERS
Lich, Odin, Shiva, Phoenix, Twintania, Zodiark

If you would like to join the Light data center CWLS, please PM Rikalaus with your character and server names.

CHAOS DATA CENTER PLAYERS
Cerberus, Louisoix, Moogle, Omega, Ragnarok, Spriggan

If you would like to join the Chaos data center CWLS, please PM Zhao_Yun with your character and server names.

DISCORD

I've created a discord for the CWLS people to converge in. Many many thanks to everyone helping me navigate this thing since I have no experience with customizing it. The hidden link is below.
[Hidden content]

Note to CWLS members and leaders: I've found that using the player search function only works for the server you're currently on. In order to send the CWLS invitation to players on other servers within your data center, you'll need to travel to their server first through one of the three starting city aetherytes.

Cool. I'm planning to return soon.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
DISCORD

I've created a discord for the CWLS people to converge in. Many many thanks to everyone helping me navigate this thing since I have no experience with customizing it. The hidden link is below.
[Hidden content]

Note to CWLS members and leaders: I've found that using the player search function only works for the server you're currently on. In order to send the CWLS invitation to players on other servers within your data center, you'll need to travel to their server first through one of the three starting city aetherytes.

Replying for Discord link. Thanks

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a small note on the Aether CWLS, we're just about at half capacity now so still plenty of space for those who want one! Though I am curious how close to cap we will be as EW approaches.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Hi, would like the discord link. Been playing for 2 years and like to help people in game especially with savage/EX fights!

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Replying for the Discord. I'm on Zalera so could use some more Crystal buddies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm heartened by all the era sprouts, let me know if you need a crossworld linkshell hookup on Aether data center!