• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dunsparcer

Feb 28, 2019
Me and 3 friends play every Saturday together so having access to more discord groups is a win/win.

We're still early though, almost to HW.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just re-subbed after being away for a bit. I should probably check out this discord thing as well.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that I saw this thread, because this is a great idea!

I'm thinking of starting the game soon, but will dip into the trial first, so this is exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for.

I'll update when I have my login.

EDIT: I take it that the Discord is brand new? I just joined and there looks to be no channels to chat in...

Last edited:

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
i'm about to get my MCH to 50 if anyone wants to get into some dungeon shenanigans. I can play Tank/Heal/DPS and am on primal, so I can help out.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this thread, sent a PM. Will look into joining the discord as well!

RenzokuTom

Aug 31, 2020
Just got my chocobo in XIV and I'm having a blast (thanks for that tips thread!), everything I love about FF is in this game. Its my first MMO so everything feels super fresh.

I don't speak english very fluently but I would like to join the discord and the linkshell on Primal.

OP
OP
Zen

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Just got my chocobo in XIV and I'm having a blast (thanks for that tips thread!), everything I love about FF is in this game. Its my first MMO so everything feels super fresh.

I don't speak english very fluently but I would like to join the discord and the linkshell on Primal.
PM me your character name and I can add you when I get online! The discord link is hidden in the OP, you should be able to see it now.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Wait, why aren't Gaia data center servers listed?

Me and my friends are definitely not the only English speakers playing on Japanese servers.

i guess if no one has made one yet, I can make a CWLS when I log on tonight.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Wait, why aren't Gaia data center servers listed?
There's no Japanese CWLSs listed in the OP because no one has made them

The Discord server has a whopping one person on the the Japanese servers, and they're on the Elemental DC
i guess if no one has made one yet, I can make a CWLS when I log on tonight.
LSs get deleted after 24 hours if there's less than two members, so you'll have to wait for another person on Gaia to appear before you create it

If you find someone else, make it and Zen will put it in the OP

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
There's no Japanese CWLSs listed in the OP because no one has made them

The Discord server has a whopping one person on the the Japanese servers, and they're on the Elemental DC

LSs get deleted after 24 hours if there's less than two members, so you'll have to wait for another person on Gaia to appear before you create it

If you find someone else, make it and Zen will put it in the OP
And all the guys I know that play on Gaia moved to Yojimbo to join my FC, so there's no need for a CWLS for us LOL.

OH WELL! For now I'll just stick in the discord and help out if people need info.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I have a question for you guys about the free trial. Is it only limited to 30 days? Or am I free to play up through a certain point without paying a monthly fee?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Current trial lasts upto the end of Heavensward ( First expansion and Lvl60), no time limit.
Ah, excellent. I don't really have a whole lot of free time, so I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish.

I have another question, though... That starter edition requires paying the monthly fee, right? How far along can you get in the starter edition?

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
Does Starter Edition / base game also have the lvl 60 cap or can the HW content allow you to go over before buying the latest expansion?

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
Level are capped based on which expansion you have activated. Base game endgame is 50, HW 60, SB 70 and ShB 80.
Ah ok, that's a bit of a shame if I'm understanding it correctly. Current plan is to see out the HW content included with base game on my DRG and see how I feel about continuing (purchasing expansion) afterwards. Guessing I'll hit 60 and 'waste' a bunch of MSQ xp.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, that's a bit of a shame if I'm understanding it correctly. Current plan is to see out the HW content included with base game on my DRG and see how I feel about continuing (purchasing expansion) afterwards. Guessing I'll hit 60 and 'waste' a bunch of MSQ xp.
Depends what you do but yeah I'd expect you to waste a load. I'm level 64 and haven't reached HW yet (mainly MSQ, roulettes and assorted blue quests otherwise no side quests) - making a concerted effort to get to Ishgard so I can pick up Dark Knight before I cap myself at 70.

OP
OP
Zen

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
If you pick a server with exp bonus applied and choose to buy the game once you've hit the end of Heavensward, you'll be 80 before you're even done with the Stormblood patch content. Don't worry about exp.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Return campaign made me check my old account and found I was on another data center, just planning a giveaway and checking the discord :)

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I'm looking to start fresh on a server and would love to find a group that I can at least chat with, so I'll come join the Discord!