• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
That is kind is strange that it's gone but I'm sure it's still a thing and it makes sense they would release it on the 9th.

Jun 16, 2019
And there we go. As I said Best Buy would do:

ph4Lj4Q.png

Why am I not seeing the banner? Is anybody else not seeing it?

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
This is a sad day....got the 14th confirmation

I won't be surprised if that bumps up to delivery for the 10th.
Amazon has been kind of inconsistent with this stuff these last couple weeks (my RE3 order was supposed to get here tomorrow but I got it today. Ordered a book for a gift that had a week delivery delay and I got it in two days).

Might be wishful thinking, but if the copies are at Amazon warehouses next week I wouldn't be surprised if they start hitting doorsteps/mailboxes by late next week. Fingers crossed.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I am just going to keep my order to be shipped as I am at work anyways. Was hoping we'd start getting them early this week.

jony

Oct 25, 2017
I have a release day delivery w/Best Buy already. Not worth getting the 'rona for 1 day early LMAO

Apr 2, 2020
Awesome! UPS status updated for my 1st Class edition to say it'll be arriving on the 9th by 9:30am. Michigan here too FYI.

How long ago was it that you got an email with a tracking number? My order on the SE store added pictures of the dlc summons and changed my shipping status to acknowledged yesterday, but now it's back to "Initiated". Trying to figure out when I'll actually get shipping confirmation.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I have a release day delivery w/Best Buy already. Not worth getting the 'rona for 1 day early LMAO
I mean curbside pickup is p safe. Just don't touch your face, wash your hands. Wipe down the outer plastic with alcohol, unwrap it, wash your hands again if wanting to be extra safe.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I have movement; the package is now In Transit!

I can hear the battle music playing as I imagine the truck driving across the nation.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean curbside pickup is p safe. Just don't touch your face, wash your hands. Wipe down the outer plastic with alcohol, unwrap it, wash your hands again if wanting to be extra safe.

Yeah, from what I saw on their site, you open your trunk and they put the product in and you keep you windows up to show them your ID and order number, pretty low risk.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Does Best Buy usually wait to charge until they ship? I pre ordered the standard edition from them and after the initial check for funds, nothing. I just would feel better about my day of delivery if they would charge it already.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
How long ago was it that you got an email with a tracking number? My order on the SE store added pictures of the dlc summons and changed my shipping status to acknowledged yesterday, but now it's back to "Initiated". Trying to figure out when I'll actually get shipping confirmation.

Looking, I got the email 6 hours ago. My order was acknowledged and preparing for shipment for the last 2 days too.

I also only preordered just last week after the March 20th cutoff so...lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Does Best Buy usually wait to charge until they ship? I pre ordered the standard edition from them and after the initial check for funds, nothing. I just would feel better about my day of delivery if they would charge it already.
They tend to charge a day or two before shipping. When you see the charge, that's the sign they're about to ship your game within the day or so.

Speaker

One Winged Slayer
May 18, 2019
Looking, I got the email 6 hours ago. My order was acknowledged and preparing for shipment for the last 2 days too.

I also only preordered just last week after the March 20th cutoff so...lol

I got my update order too, instead of the April 6th, it will be here on the 8th. I live in Illinois. I preorderd mine during square's E3 conference last year haha.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nothing new on my First Class Edition preorder from Square Enix Store USA after it had went back from Acknowledged to Initiated :/

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing new on my First Class Edition preorder from Square Enix Store USA after it had went back from Acknowledged to Initiated :/
I had the same thing happen today as well. Preordered mine last June during E3 and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm on the west coast, which I think is where they're being shipped from, so maybe they're waiting longer if you live closer to that side of the country.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Curious, what date did you place your preorder? It seemed liked if you preordered the First class Edition it would be shipping by now.
Day they first went live to preorder. Haven't changed anything since then.
I had the same thing happen today as well. Preordered mine last June during E3 and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm on the west coast, which I think is where they're being shipped from, so maybe they're waiting longer if you live closer to that side of the country.
Yeah I'm on the West Coast too so hopefully that's the reason.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm heavily leaning towards paying for it on PSN... but I have a discount on amazon on the Deluxe.... *sigh* I'll see on Wednesday before I make my final decision.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018

I'm glad I pre ordered and did in store pick up from my local Best Buy. I understand right now people are paranoid and don't want to leave their homes because of the global pandemic. For me I only go out for work because my job falls under essential and for food really and to stay in shape and go for a daily run by myself in my neighborhood. With that being said though, yesterday I picked up Persona 5 Royal from my local Best Buy after I placed my order on bestbuy.com, got my order confirmation email and text saying my order was ready for curb side pick up. I got to to the store and they had about 5 reserved parking spots for curb side pick up, then went onto my phone and bestbuy.com and brought up my order on my iphone and said I was at the store and gave a description of my car, best buy employee came out with the game and you show him your order on your phone and he hands you the game. I was in and out in under 5 minutes the whole time I had my N95 face mask on and wearing gloves and same with the Best Buy employee who handed me the game. Can't get anymore more safer than that except for staying home and waiting for amazon, bestbuy, Gamestop, walmart, target etc to deliver or just going digital.

But yeah there is no way I'd risk stepping foot in a retail store checking inventory or trying to get this game early like others have been doing on here.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Still no movement from the SE EU store. The only change is they included the preorder bonuses to the actual order. Still says "in preparation"

Emailed customer support about tracking information hoping they forgot it but it has been 2 days and heard nothing back.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Best Buy has this exclusive bundle and it $99

9999300000000470_sd.jpg;maxHeight=900;maxWidth=900

For $20 more I don't need what looks a note pad and whatever that 1st class thing is. I'm good with deluxe edition that I have pre ordered and used BB GCU, and additional 10% off birthday discount, and a $5 rewards zone cert I used and got it for $62.05 after tax.

Best Buy is also giving a $10 rewards zone cert on pre orders on all versions of the game.

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Whew. My 1st Class Edition is officially in transit and still scheduled to arrive Thursday morning.

Looks like the origin is NV and since it's coming to Michigan, and I didn't opt for the more expensive shipping option, that's probably why it shipped yesterday.

RedFlo

Aug 16, 2019
Just an Update for the German people, I'm still waiting for my McMedia package, but thought I'll check Real, Marktkauf and Müller. Sadly none of them are selling it atm

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm close to giving up and ordering digital... I'll wait till Tuesday I guess.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Waiting on Smyths too. Have a feeling they'll be posting it via Hermes.

Yeah that's probably true, I didnt get a tracking number on my email though which is a bit of an annoyance, but you know bigger problems right now, just really wanted to get some gameplay in before being back at work on monday morning.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition from my local store, I just can't wait, I really hope they call me on monday. The ONE game I buy day one and still, a bunch of people can play before me while the wait is killing me. I hope I won't spoil anything.