• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 23, 2018
Very happy my preorder arrived today. Ordered it in August last year.
The box / casing and art book etc are beautiful.

Square Enix UK stores have started shipping - even if your order or shipment status hasn't changed, there's every likelihood you'll start getting your orders early next week, if not already.

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
Start checking your emails if you paid for your preorder in-store at Gamestop. I got an email from GameStop saying they're allowing me to switch my in-store pickup to having it shipped after you fill out a form.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Start checking your emails if you paid for your preorder in-store at Gamestop. I got an email from GameStop saying they're allowing me to switch my in-store pickup to having it shipped after you fill out a form.

I received that as well, though states my store has been closed for the time being. However I ended up pre-ordering through Best Buy as they still showed as having the Deluxe Edition in stock, which Gamestop did not when I put in my pre-order with them.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I've given up. At this rate it feels more likely the date gets pushed back to the 14th than moved forward.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the big box stores (Walmart target bb etc) aren't gonna sell it early. It would need to go through corporate and they'd need to unlock their systems earlier. With all the other bigger problems going on that isn't a priority for them

that's assuming they don't cut that programming out in times of crises. I'm seeing lots of places saying fuck it at this point, and I don't think square cares

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Someone made a deal with the devil to get this made. The monkey paw is that it's only part one, and this is the last game that will ever release because of Corona.

Oct 27, 2017
And there we go. As I said Best Buy would do:

ph4Lj4Q.png

Oct 27, 2017
I checked BB yesterday, and it was only letting me do store pickup. Same thing today. I really rather not go out if I don't have to.

Means either no more inventory to ship or like usual today is the last day to order for free shipping to get it on launch day.

Edit: Just checked. Yep none of the regular edition available to ship. Only store pickup. Deluxe edition still available to ship.

Last edited:

mute

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Means either no more inventory to ship or like usual today is the last day to order for free shipping to get it on launch day.

Edit: Just checked. Yep none of the regular edition available to ship. Only store pickup. Deluxe edition still available to ship.
Well I put in for one for pickup anyway. Still says the 10th on checkout but that is better than the 14th from amazon at least.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So now debating on if I want to chance going out on Thursday to Best Buy....

Anyone know what time it drops digitally on psn?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Well I put in for one for pickup anyway. Still says the 10th on checkout but that is better than the 14th from amazon at least.

I would not go by that 14th date. They are giving themselves buffers dates to fall back on if anything happens to your game between the transition. My RE3 preorder went through ups and downs and then they said I would get it tomorrow, but it came today upon release.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Have a Best Buy very close by but even then, going to do curbside is slightly more of a hassle for me than just waiting for it come to my door. Gonna just be patient on this one.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it I don't know what to do. At some point next week I gotta go pick up prescriptions at the store anyways but is it worth going to get the game physically for 2 hours of having the game early?

Tbh this situation is bs. Why was overseas allowed to sell early?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Amazon US just 14th-ed my ass. RIP. I'd be surprised if anyone gets it from them on the 10th.

Not sure what I want to do. 1 day early at Best Buy sounds good, but I kinda still want the Amazon pre-order theme. Gotta decide fast since I'm sure Best Buy will sell out once more people read the news.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it I don't know what to do. At some point next week I gotta go pick up prescriptions at the store anyways but is it worth going to get the game physically for 2 hours of having the game early?

Tbh this situation is bs. Why was overseas allowed to sell early?

Yeah I am just falling back to doing digital. Not worth the slight extra risk just to play a few hours early. I think the reason they let other countries start selling is they probably told them something like "If you're not confident you'll be open next week go ahead and start distributing it", and when one retailer started selling immediately it opened the floodgates for all the stores.

Here in the states Gamestop would have been the likely equivalent but they're pretty much totally closed RN and already sold out of preorders. BB doesn't have any real risk of being closed down since they also sell a bunch of appliances which could be considered essential. Same goes for Target & Walmart so they don't feel any real pressure to break the street date.

Hmm I pre-ordered this years ago as part of a deal they were doing and had it set to ship. If I switched to pick up would this apply?

I saw some posts on Reddit saying that the pick-up slots are already full at their location, so you might need to check w/ the actual store.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody in the US who ordered the deluxe edition from the square-enix store using the expensive shipping option had their order ship yet?

Nov 1, 2017
DFW, Texas
Just remember when you finally get your hands on it to take your time and savor it, it is going to be a long quarantine, and an even longer wait for the second installment.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Pssh. Thursday? Gotta step your game up. I took the whole month off... and the last couple weeks of March. Probably May too...

Haha. As much as I'd like to take that much time off, I'll just take a day. Still working in our office to help out any warehouse workers who need it but our entire IT department and others are WFH all April.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got my copy this morning from Very.co.uk sent via Royal Mail. The packaging was ripped and the game box was smashed to pieces but luckily the discs were unharmed. Due to the crisis going on there's no point in complaining but it is a minor annoyance. Game is good so far and around 3 hours in.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have any US retailers gotten copies yet? I was thinking of swinging by Target while I am doing laundry, just to check for any copies.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Canceled all physical preorders and bought on PSN. Not worth the risk for 3 hours early playtime after install especially when I have an 11 month old.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
May give in & swing by a BB that's 40 minutes away & then drop off my friend's copy. Though for some reason, the site no longer has it mentioned?

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was expecting my Shopto order today as it never arrived yesterday, No postman in sight at all in the area today 😞

Hoping it is here tomorrow.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Amazon for my order that had gone from

- Release Day Delivery
to
- We Don't Know When
to now
- April 14th

Looks like pick up Thursday at Best Buy it is.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll ship earlier as well with this or just ship it to arrive on the 10th.

I doubt it. Plan on it arriving on the 10th. Sometimes people report of games and movies arriving a day or two early when Best Buy ships, but it seems to be rare. I have never received a movie or game early either.

Hmm I pre-ordered this years ago as part of a deal they were doing and had it set to ship. If I switched to pick up would this apply?

Yes this would apply if you switched to store pickup.

May give in & swing by a BB that's 40 minutes away & then drop off my friend's copy. Though for some reason, the site no longer has it mentioned?

I just checked and it is strange it is gone now. Maybe site updating. That link in my post will always list upcoming launches, early pickups, etc.