• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
AH Okay.

Well i'll wait till Wednesday. If i've received nothing by then i'll go digital and ask for a refund.
Last mail I got:

leider entstanden hier von Kundenseite Unwahrheiten. Wir haben genug Ware auf Lager. Wir warten aktuell auf DHL Abholung. Da aber es nicht gewehrleistet kann, dass es heute noch abgeholt wird, haben wir deine Bestellung wunschgemäß storniert. Gutschrift ist erfolgt.

Viele Grüße

McMedia Games Hannover

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Order Update

-Purchased Final Fantasy VII Remake DELUXE on 6/15/19 w/ Release day delivery of 4/10/20
-Amazon sent email saying item will be delivered late, and need further time to estimate delivery
-Amazon sent another email saying "Good News, your item will be delivered 4/10/20"
-Amazon sends another email yesterday, saying new delivery is 4/14/20

such a tease :/

huh. mine is still set for the 10th and I ordered on Amazon on 6/27/19.

Paterique

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
So what would be the best option to get the game as earliest as possible in Canada id i dont care about paying the price? ( Plz dont say wait a week :p)

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
Did anybody receive their order from Smyths today? I don't really know how long they take - I've never used them for games before. Does anybody also know if it'll be Royal Mail or a courier? When I used them in the past I think it was Hermes...
They dispatched mine yesterday at 11 but not had it today as of yet. Haven't used them before either so not sure how long they typically take. It seems like they still use Hermes.

For interested, if you order on Smyths in UK today:
Expected delivery on or before: Tuesday 07/04/20

That's kinda weird, I ordered from them on Wednesday 1st and the confirmation email said expected delivery on/before Thursday 9th.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did anybody receive their order from Smyths today? I don't really know how long they take - I've never used them for games before. Does anybody also know if it'll be Royal Mail or a courier? When I used them in the past I think it was Hermes...

Nothing arrived for me today. I think it was DHL or Hermes when I used them before.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Finally!!!

ffviiu0kpf.jpg

Installing now! Woohoo!

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
They dispatched mine yesterday at 11 but not had it today as of yet. Haven't used them before either so not sure how long they typically take. It seems like they still use Hermes.
Nothing arrived for me today. I think it was DHL or Hermes when I used them before.
Thanks. My order was dispatched at 2pm yesterday. Email says delivery will be on or before Thursday 9th. Just being a bit impatient, ha!

I've also found that the "track your order" link on the order page doesn't work. But I'm going to put that down to a disruption caused by current events.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
So, ok guys. This is kinda off topic but... I've never played the original FF7. So should I start with this one or play the original on ps4 first?

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks. My order was dispatched at 2pm yesterday. Email says delivery will be on or before Thursday 9th. Just being a bit impatient, ha!

I've also found that the "track your order" link on the order page doesn't work. But I'm going to put that down to a disruption caused by current events.

Mine was dispatched at 2pm yesterday also, but I did mine on "standard" shipping not express. Would expect it to come early next week (Mon/Tues probably) given the delays the virus is having on all postal services.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Target stopped taking preorders for the game. you can check their stores over the weekend as they usually start shelving it on a sunday. but they are pretty strict on selling it early but YMMV.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm checking with our electronics department manager daily to see if we get and if we will be authorized to sell it early. (Walmart -US).
I will let you guys know when we do get it and what not.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017

That's kinda weird, I ordered from them on Wednesday 1st and the confirmation email said expected delivery on/before Thursday 9th.

Gotta say bought the "fast delivery thing" for 2.99, no idea if it changes anything.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm checking with our electronics department manager daily to see if we get and if we will be authorized to sell it early. (Walmart -US).
I will let you guys know when we do get it and what not.
Thanks. Walmart's especially where I'd like to get my copy if at all possible.

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019

Yeah, whenever I try tracking it just shows up with an error message too.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got an odd email from Walmart (in the US). Says the release date has changed, but at the top of the email it still says it's the 10th. At the bottom of the email it says it will be ready for pickup by the 9th, though. So... SOMETHING is happening.

S11Ufna.png

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Any USA retai workers if you could give an update as you go into work if you find out anything that would be great!

Big Tex

Oct 28, 2017
So, ok guys. This is kinda off topic but... I've never played the original FF7. So should I start with this one or play the original on ps4 first?

I dont know... I played the original several times in high school. Its an amazing story. If you have time to do it now in quarantine before you get FF7R, go ahead. But I wouldnt feel pressured. FF7R is a totally different experience. That being said, I was almost brought to tears from nostalgia when I saw the intro playing the demo.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

They are going to be super different games in the end. But, at this point, the remake is out in a week. I'd just stick with it. You'll probably have a couple of years until the sequel that you can go back and play the original if you're interested.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Got an odd email from Walmart (in the US). Says the release date has changed, but at the top of the email it still says it's the 10th. At the bottom of the email it says it will be ready for pickup by the 9th, though. So... SOMETHING is happening.

S11Ufna.png
Makes sense. Typically Walmart release games night before but in this case due to store hour changes probably the entire day.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Well trying to cancel my digital pre-order is a ballsace. 45 minutes on hold, guy hears for me about a minute, then the line goes dead. Time to try again I guess.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I just don't get why during a global pandemic square is picking and choosing what region they want to sell it early. Like I understand there might be shipping problems but then why don't you say that instead of being quite. I know we should have bigger things on are mind but being out of a job for a month and well probably longer now and just sitting at home I got nothing else to worry about haha. I really don't think this is a good look for square specially when the crisis is global and they could easily give out a tweet saying that it will releases as soon as copies arrive at retailers or something like that.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get why during a global pandemic square is picking and choosing what region they want to sell it early. Like I understand there might be shipping problems but then why don't you say that instead of being quite. I know we should have bigger things on are mind but being out of a job for a month and well probably longer now and just sitting at home I got nothing else to worry about haha. I really don't think this is a good look for square specially when the crisis is global and they could easily give out a tweet saying that it will releases as soon as copies arrive at retailers or something like that.

Pretty sure they didn't choose a region to let sell early. Pretty sure as retailers are getting them they are allowed to sell it based on the tweets they sent out last week. I said that then in a thread I started and was told I was wrong. This week pretty much confirms it.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, where can we talk about the latest trailer.

The fuck?

Release the game digitally already T-T