• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
Arrived at the warehouse? They've never sent an email out like that before. Usually it's a processed one and a dispatched one.
i have had these emails before. its nothing new. sometimes i goes to your junk folder for some reason. Has anyones changed to shipped yet for shopto orders? mine is still stuck on processing.

Got a email From GAME today saying they are getting my order packed ready for the release day... i hope not.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Watching a stream, looks kind of mixed. Sometimes it looks great, but sometimes the environments look way too big for the characters (the tables in 7th Heaven, for instance, are like the size of flatbed trucks), and a lot of areas look kind of "stock." The sunny, neutral lighting in the slums doesn't seem right at all, and a lot of buildings are just bland brick textures instead of layers of junk and weathering. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like they got the atmosphere of Midgar quite right from what I am seeing.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
does anyone know, how long the game is? where does the game end?
my friend received his copy of the deluxe-edition today, but he wont be able to play it because he is working in a hospital...

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Cause digital distribution was around in 1997. There is no reason for the current situation to exist.
No reason for this situation to exist? Are you fucking for real? Currently over 44,000 deaths and 880,000 people infected with a virus around the world. Millions of people that are out of work. So some shops are selling games earlier, trying anything they can do to make revenue now because they will be forced to shutdown soon. Probably forced to close permanently if they are potentially closed down for months.

But here you are on a game forum complaining about how you can't get a video game early. Hell, you would even buy the game twice....seems fair.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Game Collection have just put a update out saying they'll be sending the bulk of orders out on Friday then the rest early next week if anyone has ordered from there.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
No reason for this situation to exist? Are you fucking for real? Currently over 44,000 deaths and 880,000 people infected with a virus around the world. Millions of people that are out of work. So some shops are selling games earlier, trying anything they can do to make revenue now because they will be forced to shutdown soon. Probably forced to close permanently if they are potentially closed down for months.

But here you are on a game forum complaining about how you can't get a video game early. Hell, you would even buy the game twice....seems fair.

1. This is the gaming section of the forum.

2. It's not available in the shops in the US.

3. They can authorize releasing it on PSN at any moment.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
1. This is the gaming section of the forum.

2. It's not available in the shops in the US.

3. They can authorize releasing it on PSN at any moment.

1. You're still on the internet complaining about not getting a game at the same time as others during a worldwide pandemic. Hell, you should be lucky that it's Square Enix publishing it and not Atlus; if you lived in EU, you'd have to wait months (or possibly not get it at all).

2. That's correct. Why should it be available here? The release date is still April 10th. Review embargo is still lifting on April 6th. The only difference is that AUS has started selling their copies early.

3. Sure, they could... but why? Refer back to point 2: release date is April 10th.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My buddy just got the dreaded Amazon email saying he "may not receive this item on the day it is released." Is it safe to assume the "may not" is just a nicety, and it should say "will not?"

I haven't gotten any messages from Best Buy yet about my preorder. I placed it back in July 2019, so I sure hope I make the release date delivery cut.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Are stores authorized to sell it or are they breaking street date to sell while they can and potentially avoid a scenario where they are shutdown by the time they can officially sell? This tweet from a streamer says Square authorized early sale, but I don't know if it's true.

twitter.com

Excessive Profanity on Twitter

“Looks like I just got auto-DMCA'd by @SquareEnix. Apparently, they're allowed to tell retailers to sell it, I'm allowed to go to a store and buy it, and without any official communication they're allowed to have my Twitch channel suspended for streaming it. Nice dudes. https://t.co/6tC5EJjTM7”

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
1. You're still on the internet complaining about not getting a game at the same time as others during a worldwide pandemic. Hell, you should be lucky that it's Square Enix publishing it and not Atlus; if you lived in EU, you'd have to wait months (or possibly not get it at all).

2. That's correct. Why should it be available here? The release date is still April 10th. Review embargo is still lifting on April 6th. The only difference is that AUS has started selling their copies early.

3. Sure, they could... but why? Refer back to point 2: release date is April 10th.

EB confirmed they were authorized by Square to release it now. That's not a leak that an official release. Therefore 2 and 3 are invalid.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Are stores authorized to sell it or are they breaking street date to sell while they can and potentially avoid a scenario where they are shutdown by the time they can officially sell? This tweet from a streamer says Square authorized early sale, but I don't know if it's true.

twitter.com

Excessive Profanity on Twitter

“Looks like I just got auto-DMCA'd by @SquareEnix. Apparently, they're allowed to tell retailers to sell it, I'm allowed to go to a store and buy it, and without any official communication they're allowed to have my Twitch channel suspended for streaming it. Nice dudes. https://t.co/6tC5EJjTM7”

They said in their statement iirc we will be shipping it early but be kind and don't spoil it. Streaming the whole game on twitch probably falls under that "do not spoil" tagline.

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
There were two potential outcomes due to the situation worldwide right now. Either people were going to get the game late, if it had been shipped close to date as usual, or people were going to get the game early, if they shipped it prior. They did the right thing, put the customer first, and decided to ship it earlier in the hope that as few people would suffer delays as possible. I understand the concept of FOMO, but if you have to wait until April 10th, then you have to wait until April 10th. How unfair to be expected to have some patience.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Have you heard anything from them? I preordered 2+ years ago from them only to get a message saying that they don't have enough copies to get me one for launch day and they don't know when they are getting any more...
What the heck. I'm going to contact them now

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, I'm a clown and my Amazon copy is not arriving before the 20th whereas I'm already seeing people in my country with confirmations of delivery this week.

I used a discount code, so I don't know if cancelling the preorder will give me that back. Lmao.