• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Fully expect JnL in NYC will have the game early - they have been selling Persona 5 Royal since the 20th. Not worth taking the train for it though.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Look forward to your ban on PSN when they decide you're playing stolen goods

Hey, I recognize snark when I see it!

On a more serious note, I've gotten games early multiple times this generation, whether through a mixup with Amazon shipping early or more...back channel means (I'll never mention your name out of respect!).

I have never been banned, not even temporarily. With SE announcing today that they cannot control physical copies...nobody is getting banned.

Now STREAMING IT LIVE on the other hand.... that's a ban worthy offense.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I recognize snark when I see it!

On a more serious note, I've gotten games early multiple times this generation, whether through a mixup with Amazon shipping early or more...back channel means (I'll never mention your name out of respect!).

I have never been banned, not even temporarily. With SE announcing today that they cannot control physical copies...nobody is getting banned.

Now STREAMING IT LIVE on the other hand.... that's a ban worthy offense.
Oh I'm being legit. Stolen goods like this are something SIE will ban for if you purchase from someone who illegally profits off stolen goods. They are able to see who has played a game and when.

They've done it before.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm being legit. Stolen goods like this are something SIE will ban for if you purchase from someone who illegally profits off stolen goods. They are able to see who has played a game and when.

They've done it before.

Eh, I still see the snark. LOL

Besides, SIE would've banned me for FFXV, because I definitely had that the Monday before Thanksgiving; days before launch. I also had KH3 60 hours before Best Buy sold it early the night before.

Also, if I was even slightly worried, I'd just play offline.

All of this is based off the assumption I have bought the game off of ebay, which I have not.

Yet.
/s

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Square need to fire people at this point. Their most anticipated games keep getting leaked. Nomura is probably so aggravated with his bosses at this point.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just gonna plug the spoiler thread so you can post anything juicy in there

www.resetera.com

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Spoiler Discussion [Check Threadmarks For Story Details]

Holy cow those re-arrangements of the classic soundtrack sure sound fine... Hopefully the chatter during combat ("not bad", "burn" and the like) can be disabled. (And hopefully there'll be a Switch version down the line!)

"The person who leaked the copy of KH3 is tied to the local mob"
is a sentence that will never not make me laugh.
LMAO, that shit was a fucking rollercoaster from start to finish dude

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I still see the snark. LOL

Besides, SIE would've banned me for FFXV, because I definitely had that the Monday before Thanksgiving; days before launch. I also had KH3 60 hours before Best Buy sold it early the night before.

Also, if I was even slightly worried, I'd just play offline.

All of this is based off the assumption I have bought the game off of ebay, which I have not.

Yet.
/s
Days. That's different and likely shipped from a retailer. But go ahead and traffic in stolen goods. See how that works out

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Days. That's different and likely shipped from a retailer. But go ahead and traffic in stolen goods. See how that works out

Legitimate question: how do you know it's stolen? Like really?

Persona 5 Royal has been selling since last Friday. People on this very forum have been playing it since then. The official release date is March 31st. Are they getting banned?

Any small time store could've gotten their shipment in and decided that, instead of opening their shop, to sell it on Ebay. And again, this is all under the assumption that I have bought a copy, which I have not.

To quote the OP:
They might have shipped earlier.. because of the crisis.

Lets chill.

Last edited:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Great. Now a couple assholes on the internet will just be salivating to make some social capital on some leaks/spoilers.

Hopefully people are respectful about it here. I know some people think that spoilers dont exist for old games (lol)

Sep 14, 2018
Time to find out if gud or bad. That gameplay demo did not inspire confidence.

Great. Now a couple assholes on the internet will just be salivating to make some social capital on some leaks/spoilers.

Hopefully people are respectful about it here. I know some people think that spoilers dont exist for old games (lol)

Going by RE3 leak, people here love to drop little quips about what they know lol.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
They might have shipped earlier.. because of the crisis.

Lets chill.
Square def sent it out early as they're not sure what stores will be able to get it at launch. Just got this email

A message from the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE team:

As we prepare for the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on April 10, we wanted to keep you updated on how the proactive measures being taken to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus are likely to affect the distribution and retail landscape in western regions at launch.

As you will be aware, many countries are limiting entry or closing their national and state borders and restricting the distribution and delivery of non-essential items. Understandably these restrictions are being implemented so that essential items can reach their destination as fast as possible.

This does not mean that box copies of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will not be dispatched, it just means that we cannot control the date the game may arrive.

In many countries and states, retail stores are closing to help with social distancing measures. If you placed a pre-order with one of these retailers, we advise you to check their websites for the latest information about the status of pre-orders, as well as pick-up and/or delivery information. Please ensure your mailing address and contact details are up to date, as some retailers have begun contacting customers with delivery updates.

Finally, we are currently making arrangements to ensure that pre-orders from the SQUARE ENIX STORE reach you by April 10.

We are working hard to ensure as many of you as possible can play the game on April 10 and will update further when we have more information.

Thank you for your continued support and most importantly, stay safe.

TL:DR they have no idea if your retailer will have copies ready for launch but game is coming out on 4/10

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Im currently in limbo trying to decide if I wanna roll the dice and preorder from Best Buy. My GCU expires a week after the game is out.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Also, the game was on sale on ebay earlier today (Deluxe Edition), for 100GBP (110€)

Sad I missed it.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sticking with my Amazon pre-order, but if it looks like it won't make it April 10th, I'll go digital so I can play right away. Then they can just ship it whenever they are able to.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I want it early. If I roll the dice and order a CE off the Square store would I get it early or is there no way to know? Trying to find these ebay listings selling early, it's a late Christmas present so if I can get it early that way I'll do it!

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
None of the global timed rollout thing really matters at this crisis.. you won't get the halo effect of retail going out simultaneously. Squeenix should consider releasing it early, April 1, so that it falls under the new quarter.

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think Nomura is mad at this game releasing early amidst this worldwide health crisis we are having?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still holding on for Amazon to give me an indication as to when my preorder is coming. I don't mind waiting a little while, but if it's gonna be months I'll preorder digitally.
go to your open orders and it will tell you right above the game...? if you ordered with prime it should say

srfhB1m.png

i check it everyday i just know they gonna fuck me.. :/ its 10$ cheaper then digital though :/ yes I preordered this fucking game 3 years ago.. -___-

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
go to your open orders and it will tell you right above the game...? if you ordered with prime it should say

srfhB1m.png

i check it everyday i just know they gonna fuck me.. :/ its 10$ cheaper then digital though :/ yes I preordered this fucking game 3 years ago.. -___-

I'll double check in the morning, but last week it swapped from release date to date pending on mine.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
If copies start arriving at different times prior to 4/10, I would hope that Sony/Square could come to an agreement and release the game early on PSN.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
If the full soundtrack leaks I'll probably give it a listen. At the very least I'd like a good rip of that Airbuster boss theme